Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Those Arbitration Trolls

I don’t know how others feel about this, but it’s just plain annoying. I enter an Arbitration mission at times and die at a certain points. I’ve had plenty of players who think it’s just hilarious to get the tokens, but refuse to revive. I’m pretty patient when it comes to revives, but this just pisses me off. They often do little dances and t-bag while we’re watching them, waiting for that revive. The problem I have is that this is legitimately giving me a bad experience in the game, as I quit but cannot load into the same Arbitration for a different squad. One and done, as they say. So wasting 40 minutes of my time, spending half of that using the whole “wait for revive” system, and having other players abuse that system for trolling punishes me by not letting me retry that arbitration to earn a chance to get my lost rewards is actually an option here??? If you FINISH Arbitration, then I can understand not being able to replay until the new hourly one pops up. But I feel it needs to change for those who have to quit due to poor circumstances such as trolling, or just bad experience with a squad in general. Kay, I’m done venting. 

Edited by (PS4)DR_FUDGEPOOCHER
Words
  • Like 1

I get the impression that you die quite frequently in arbitrations, which would mean you arent geared enough to do them. What equipment are you taking to arbitrations? Are people t-bagging you on your first death or are you just dying left and right? If it's the latter then it's kinda on you aswell.

• Like 5

If they're standing over you teabagging, they do not in fact have enough tokens to revive you. It's not a button input, it's automatic when nearby. 

They're probably just messing around since they literally can't help you until enough drones come to get tokens from. Sometimes when a player dies the drones tend to take a lunch break. 

• Like 4

Here are a few things:

I don’t die left and right, most of the time I get to reach lvl 120-140 without much issue. I die once every few arbitrations or so, mostly due to a distraction or in between casts. Though, there have been a few times when I die near the 20 minute mark or less from an outstanding shot out of nowhere. 

normally I would exit the match if I knew I was having trouble, which I usually leave when all the enemies reach 135ish or so. My characters hold their own very much so until that point, and if I were to remain past 120 I play a supportive roll. I never consider myself to be carried by a team, but instead find myself to do well above average >75% of the time. So, usually I’m very comfortable with arbitrations without being a burden, and I do leave before the risk becomes too high. 

I just didn’t know if it was a fad or something that many players did, but those who troll do not attempt to get anywhere near the revive pylon. When I mentioned to them (this happened the 4th time in the last week) that there are enough tokens either in their inventory or on the ground right in front of them, a few t-bagged for the spectator watching, one just said “XD and...”, and the first one just ignored after a few messages were sent. I get it that it takes a while to get the tokens, so I wait it out. However the experiences that bother me is when I know they have enough to revive, and make no effort to do so whatsoever after  reminding them that they had 6 on them, 4 in the room that they are in addition to what they have, and that it’s been like that for at least a few minutes (5-10 usually, but as long as 20 on top of waiting for them to get enough points). But that’s besides the point..

The main point I have is that if I quit, whether it be from squad grieving or “gotta poop” moments, the current Arbitration is gone until the next one comes up. Meanwhile, any “mission failures” I’ve rarely gotten, still allowed me to attempt the mission before it resets. I don’t know if this is to prevent players from rage-quitting out of a match or not, but mostly when I need to quit it’s because of players refusing to play cooperatively, or I have to poop. I’m not about to poop myself over a match. On the other hand, teams that have legitimately failed are given another go? I don’t get it. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but this is what I’ve experienced ever since I started Arbitration which was a few months ago. 

On a side note:

Im running Mesa Prime with

105% duration, 175% efficiency, 40% range, 199% strength with adaptation rank 9. 
Opticor Vandal: 94.5% CC, 5.7X CD, 62.3% status, I=442, P=3099, S=885, and Corrosive=7634

Akjagara Prime: 52% CC, 6.2X CD, 85.5% status, I=49, P=49, S=390, Viral=732

Paracesis: 100.7% CC, 4.8X CD, 22% status, I=103, P=37.7, S=1022, no element 

and my regulators are nearly maxed to the most damage they can possibly do per second. 😉

I’m also running Equinox Prime w/ 160 duration, 160 efficiency, 115 range, 100 power, with both Duality and Adaptation. Great all around build, usually when I need diversity in Crowd Control and supportive roles. Basically trying to keep everyone alive or to create diversions/openings. 

Mainly I just wasn’t sure if trolling happens a lot, and why quitting for any unpredictable circumstance is punished while failure is permitted. I feel it should be the same for both, or the roles reversed. These are just my experiences, and if anyone else had any similar or different experiences then I’m all ears and would like to hear them to get a better idea of what’s going on. 🙂

Edited by (PS4)DR_FUDGEPOOCHER
Words, grammar, and *

a few things , well I dont pretend that any of this will actually help you against trolling tennos but then again what does ? - faking you would stream and expose live their childish behaviour? or telling them you record the gaming session to upload it later onto every social plattform there is... I really do not know. but I feel you

well there are opinions and there are facts but what I ll tell you now you may take it as you please:

dont take Mesa into arbitration, she has a hard time dealing with drone pulks as she is played as a stationary turret unless you run that silly augment but the problem stays the same..

dont take equinox into arbitration, she/he is really unforgiving for beginners and casuals alike. you really do need to put in some hours especially if you are using 2 augments in your build.

I advise you to try Baruuk, Revenant, Nezha , Wukong , Inaros (with some practice Gauss) and you are suddenly the one dancing on other tennos dying points - joke aside.

and I highly doubt that your regulator build for Mesa/ Prime is at most damage. I tell you a secret : I know that you are using Hornet Strike, but what would you say if I told you that Hornet Strike is not mandatory in the best regulator build - you are way better off with more diverse multiplicators as for instance get all the firerate in the world and all the status too. Your power strength of your Mesa covers already the same combined multiplicator as Hornet Strike, so it will give you only diminishing returns. Not many know this but its a proven fact - mathematically of course, so use both firerate mods anemic agility and gunslinger in peacemaker for the most dakka - dont use Hornet Strike.

I ll stop here,

TLDR: consider another frame and if u wanna stay on those 2 you named, get a killer vertical melee (polearms,...) and stay on the move tenno.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb -TSA-warramssie:

and I highly doubt that your regulator build for Mesa/ Prime is at most damage. I tell you a secret : I know that you are using Hornet Strike, but what would you say if I told you that Hornet Strike is not mandatory in the best regulator build - you are way better off with more diverse multiplicators as for instance get all the firerate in the world and all the status too. Your power strength of your Mesa covers already the same combined multiplicator as Hornet Strike, so it will give you only diminishing returns. Not many know this but its a proven fact - mathematically of course, so use both firerate mods anemic agility and gunslinger in peacemaker for the most dakka - dont use Hornet Strike.

I ll stop here,

Do you by chance know at what powerstrength hornet strike and mesa's built in damage multiplier are equal. I'm running only 130% powerstrength so i can have high duration.

Thanks for the input 👍. I have to admit that the fact that Mesa and Equinox aren’t the best options for Arbitration, but they are the frames I have the most practice with and am able to hold my own as my play style fits them the best at this point. I am beginning to work on an Inaros build, but haven’t used him yet as I want to be able to get the forma I need and a reactor. I have Saryn Prime, Ivara Prime, Ember, Chroma Prime, and Umbra as well. Wisp and Khora are next on my list. I’m working on an end-game version of Chroma and want to see how he works in some Arbitration missions as I’ve used an Umbra forma on him to effectively rank all three umbra mods. 

As far as the regulators go, I have gunslinger, anemic agility, barrel diffusion, lethal torrent, primed pistol gambit, primed target cracker, pistol pestilence, and jolt.  I also have a maxed Arcane Velocity for an extra 80% fire rate. But as far as Mesa is considered, I usually like to move around a lot and try not to stay in one place (using 4th during high bullet jumps, with increased 60% dodge speed I’m like a little spider monkey 🐒). And Equinox is clocking in at 1.8 sprint speed so I try to take advantage of that as much as I can. 

definitely want to try out Inaros and Wisp tho.  👍

3 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Do you by chance know at what powerstrength hornet strike and mesa's built in damage multiplier are equal. I'm running only 130% powerstrength so i can have high duration.

The power strength should be at 200% (1.5x to 3.0x). But the regulators only do max damage when the reticule is focused completely, otherwise it’s 100% damage when starting out and builds into the max damage multiplier as the reticule closes.