The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us our options

Jiminez_Burial

This is a general request regarding changes made to the game, particularly recently.  DE, give us our options.  Instead of changing things and expecting everyone to be happy with it just give us the ability to opt-out of certain changes.  I have four things that come to mind as good examples for this.

1)  Archwing flight model - Let us have the 'experimental' flight model back.  If you only work on the new 'casual' model that's fine, but let us choose the (in my opinion) better option.

2)  Self damage - If we want to be blown up because we made a mistake as a player then let us.  Explosive weapons have lost their appeal to me simply because they no longer feel dangerous.  One of the reasons people like explosions, fire, extreme weather and wild animals is that they are indifferent, unbiased and dangerous.  If you make a mistake with them you get buggered.  In-game there is no longer a sense of power/danger to the explosive weapons and as a result (for me) they have become just another run-of-the-mil option.  Giving us the option to re-enable self damage client side would have no negative impact on others and would return the enjoyment felt when using those weapons.

3)  Hold to revive - Allow us to swap back to the UI button/single click option.  Also give us the ability to re-bind which key is attached to the option.  Tapping enter was simple, quick and intuitive.  Having to hold your interact key isn't.

4)  Loadout images - Many of them are just ass-ugly now.  Let us choose what image/image version is shown.

None of these options affect anyone else in a negative manner.  DE, instead of deciding what is best for us, let us as the player decide for ourselves.  Give us control over the UI positioning/styles/information.  Give us an option to have practical consequences to our mistakes.  I currently struggle to play Warframe for more than 20 minutes because there's always something that annoys me, usually a change that actively ruins the experience for me.  I'm at a stage where if the upcoming event isn't really good then I'm going to find another game to play, and after nearly 5,000 in-mission hours across multiple accounts (steam is saying 7,500 hours) this is saying something.  Your eagerness to appease the lowest common denominator (in regards to NW, self damage and a number of other instances) and your inability to allow players meaningful options concerning controls/UI is ruining any enjoyment Warframe could potentially offer me.  Please do better.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bacl said:

The Arcane changes should figure on your list.

How so?  From what I hear they were nerfed so opting out of those changes would benefit the player mechanically.  For something like self-damage opting out of the change would hinder the player mechanically so there should be no objection to that (except maybe Chroma so that part of the change can be non-optional as opting out would mechanically benefit him).  Should be noted I don't (and never really did) care about arcanes other than Rhino's Vanguard helm, so I'm not well versed in the changes and how they sit on the scale of buff vs nerf.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

They could do something like an "opt-in for test build" kinda option and not something where you pick and choose what change you like, coz that's gonna be hard to maintain. Having different live builds of the game is probably time and resource consuming, coz there will be bugs here and then bugs on the other build, so they just roll the changes for everyone so they only have to maintain one live build of the game. IDK.

25 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

and not something where you pick and choose what change you like, coz that's gonna be hard to maintain.

Except it's all existing code.  DE would have the 'experimental' flight system code at the very least archived, same goes for the self damage.  All it would take is to re-implement with a simple if-else type statement.  They were already able to give you flight model options prior to deciding to take one away so it's not even new-ground for them.  Plus I even said I'd be fine if they didn't develop the 'experimental' flight system further, just give us an option to have it in the state it was.  The self damage would be more involved but I'd even be happy for the game to initialise everything with me having self-damage and restrict to solo (since that's how I play anyway).  In regards to stuff like the loadout images it's as simple as calling a different image file, basically the same thing with the rebindable UI element shortcuts.

9 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

since that's how I play anyway

The game cannot cater to how people play the game solo. Self-damage is not something that could ever be a choice. Choices make future development exponentially harder.