Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One minor tweak to baruuk

Brey223

Since the recent changes I’ve been having a ton of fun playing baruuk but one minor issue came about. His restraint meter; currently the only way to get it to erode is to have your desolate hands disarm someone. Put everyone to sleep or stand still letting them shoot through you. Now since you can’t mod for his serene storm in the same way you can exalted blade or iron pole I was thinking of a slight tweak to his kit. 

1. Making it so when you hold down 4 energy is converted into eroded restraint, much like Garuda and the blood ball

2. Giving his passive an innate “hunter adrenaline” where a portion of the damage you take is converted into eroding the restraint.

i personally like the second choice as it would make baruuk flow a little bit better if you’re trying to use his serene storm, what do you guys think? If you like these ideas consider sharing it so we can make DE aware. If not then don’t and if you have a better idea please share it. 

I have never had any problems building restraint on him. And I never even use Elude, either. Lull and Desolate Hands with a bit of extra range is plenty. Especially if you use his Endless Lullaby Augment, being able to chain sleep everything with stealth finishers will empty your restraint in no time.

Besides, his restraint should be somewhat hard to manage. Otherwise, whats the point of having an extra resource to deal with if you never have to actually deal with it?

36 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

Since the recent changes I’ve been having a ton of fun playing baruuk but one minor issue came about. His restraint meter; currently the only way to get it to erode is to have your desolate hands disarm someone. Put everyone to sleep or stand still letting them shoot through you. Now since you can’t mod for his serene storm in the same way you can exalted blade or iron pole I was thinking of a slight tweak to his kit. 

1. Making it so when you hold down 4 energy is converted into eroded restraint, much like Garuda and the blood ball

2. Giving his passive an innate “hunter adrenaline” where a portion of the damage you take is converted into eroding the restraint.

i personally like the second choice as it would make baruuk flow a little bit better if you’re trying to use his serene storm, what do you guys think? If you like these ideas consider sharing it so we can make DE aware. If not then don’t and if you have a better idea please share it. 

As a baruuk main. Im gonna have to say no. The main thing that made me start maining baruuk is because i have to manage a resource and not be lazy with pressing one button.

I think most people would agree that Baruuk's restraint is frustrating and counter-intuitive.  Often times it's impossible to get restraint down at all because your squad is killing enemies too quickly.  It also becomes immediately apparent that when you can't use Serene Storm, all of Baruuk's other abilities are purely defensive.

So yeah, his restraint system could definitely use some work.  I get that it's supposed to enforce his reluctant warrior theme, but desperately spamming Lull isn't particularly thematic or interesting either. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neuerwinter said:

make his 1 into his passive too so that I don't actually have to press 1 and follow the skill rule

Do you really want to open up that can of worms? Okay.

Baruuk's abilities (along many others) actually require zero actual skill. I mean you press 1 and then you simply put the controller down and stop playing the game while his restraint erodes away passively. Where on earth is the skill in that. It's literally flipping a switch, which even a monkey can do.

Hypothetically making it a passive ability simply just removes the need to flip the switch. No skill lost or gained whatsoever.

45 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Do you really want to open up that can of worms? Okay.

Baruuk's abilities (along many others) actually require zero actual skill. I mean you press 1 and then you simply put the controller down and stop playing the game while his restraint erodes away passively. Where on earth is the skill in that. It's literally flipping a switch, which even a monkey can do.

Hypothetically making it a passive ability simply just removes the need to flip the switch. No skill lost or gained whatsoever.

5 hours ago, Neuerwinter said:

1. making it so that I have to make no effort into charging his 4

2. make his 1 into his passive too so that I don't actually have to press 1 and follow the skill rule

Do you really want to play him or just turn it into Saryn 2.0?

You really missed the mark on this one. The first option is to simply drain your energy into another pool to use your exalted weapon. The second option is to have a more active play style as opposed to standing still and waiting while your one is active. 

I haven't had any issues with baruuk's restraint with the endless lullaby augment.

You press 2 once and then just kill everything, each kill causes lullaby to get cast which fills your restraint constantly.

From what I've tested, you could genuinely do that and then permanently be in serene storm for the remainder of the mission just by making sure the lullaby chains through killing.

5 hours ago, PrinceMeliodas said:

As a baruuk main. Im gonna have to say no. The main thing that made me start maining baruuk is because i have to manage a resource and not be lazy with pressing one button.

This isn’t to make him lazy as his lull and desolate hands still have their functions. You can still manage his restraint albeit a tad easier. His first ability is essentially for solo play only as your teammates will ensure you aren’t able to actually make use of that ability. 

Just now, Obviousclone said:

I haven't had any issues with baruuk's restraint with the endless lullaby augment.

You press 2 once and then just kill everything, each kill causes lullaby to get cast which fills your restraint constantly.

From what I've tested, you could genuinely do that and then permanently be in serene storm for the remainder of the mission just by making sure the lullaby chains through killing.

My issue with running two augments like any build that requires two augments to make work is your sacrificing too much to get the desired effect. And with his lull augment your teammates can ensure that you get no usage out of the augment.