Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you're releasing a railjack event next week, you REALLY need to make it more pug-friendly

DoomFruit

According to the news ticker on the ship, Scarlet Spear arrives next week.

With railjack in its current state, this is going to be terrible. We still have the situation where any random player can join, waste all the ship's ammo, energy and resources on nothing, pilot it into god knows where if the captain steps out of the chair for even a second and then hijack it by rushing to the nav console.

Sure, organised and co-ordinated groups don't do this, but realistically, how prevalent is this compared to just setting the game to public and clicking on the node?

More than that, railjack has so many QoL issues which are still unfixed. The ship's still annoying to navigate with windy twisting passages and that pointless pit in the forge area, trying to use any of the equipment when you either have a bad connection (despite me setting a ping limit of 100, I pretty often end up in matches with a ping of 150) or the host is using a Pentium 4 is incredibly frustrating, that godawful hold to confirm mechanism is still in the forge UI with no way of disabling it, having to rope down the forges to use them is just a pointless waste of time and the resource pickup picture spam is HORRIBLY ANNOYING.

This game mode is not ready for a large event. Anyone who's tried to play it in public mode for any appreciable length of time would know this. So why is it being rolled out now?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

According to the news ticker on the ship, Scarlet Spear arrives next week.

With railjack in its current state, this is going to be terrible. We still have the situation where any random player can join, waste all the ship's ammo, energy and resources on nothing, pilot it into god knows where if the captain steps out of the chair for even a second and then hijack it by rushing to the nav console.

Sure, organised and co-ordinated groups don't do this, but realistically, how prevalent is this compared to just setting the game to public and clicking on the node?

More than that, railjack has so many QoL issues which are still unfixed. The ship's still annoying to navigate with windy twisting passages and that pointless pit in the forge area, trying to use any of the equipment when you either have a bad connection (despite me setting a ping limit of 100, I pretty often end up in matches with a ping of 150) or the host is using a Pentium 4 is incredibly frustrating, that godawful hold to confirm mechanism is still in the forge UI with no way of disabling it, having to rope down the forges to use them is just a pointless waste of time and the resource pickup picture spam is HORRIBLY ANNOYING.

This game mode is not ready for a large event. Anyone who's tried to play it in public mode for any appreciable length of time would know this. So why is it being rolled out now?

A quick band aid for this is to remove public matchmaking in Railjack section. That will force people to get a proper team or get lost. 

28 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

A quick band aid for this is to remove public matchmaking in Railjack section. That will force people to get a proper team or get lost. 

Or get command intrinsic working. Most of the reason people I know don't want to railjack is because it's not the typical fast paced combat of Warframe. If you could have a player with a fully functioning Railjack while two other players act as boarders of enemy ships and one stays on the Railjack as security then I could see it being more popular. Right now it's a bit too similar to something like Sea of Thieves where tasking one person to one thing at a time results in them being bored. There are plenty of AI in the drydock, why none of them fly with you to help out in roles that aren't as combat intensive is beyond me. The gunnery stations are right next to the bridge so AI gunners will be plenty safe, have them repair stuff once the boarders are dead as well. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

There are plenty of AI in the drydock, why none of them fly with you to help out in roles that aren't as combat intensive is beyond me.

Developing a functioning AI is not a one day job, so I understand the "It's still being worked on". 

5 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Developing a functioning AI is not a one day job, so I understand the "It's still being worked on". 

The AI can already man turrets - they do that on the grineer ships. They can also handle combat during boarding actions. You'd only need to put down one configuration option - whether they stay as gunners right up until they start getting hit by the intruders, or whether they abandon their gunnery seat the moment boarders appear to go and hunt them down. The game already has triggers for "boarders arrived" and "boarders dead" (they're when you get the cephalon messages), it shouldn't take much to tie the triggers into AI cues.

Sure, it wouldn't exactly be very in-depth, but it would work for the gunnery chairs.

Repairs and crafting shouldn't take long either. The game already knows exactly where things are in the ship and it's already got pathfinding algorithms for mobs, so all it would be doing for the engineer crew is giving them an order to path to the next hull breach and have them play an animation at it when they're close enough. Same for crafting replacement items from the forge.

• Like 1

The AI ally aid on railjack are very much possible to make, even it's a specific warframe. But developers won't do that because they want  to see us working together but the fact they can't even dealt properly with afk players.

Oh yes, guess what ? people enter railjack mission on earth proxima and they afk .