Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframes.

Nervara

I am aware of this. Personally I play male frames though. 

I agree with you, I prefer to play males in all games since..well i am one. Honeybadger seems to not understand personal preference. Most people who play games like to put themselves in the characters shoes so to speak. I am not a women and I am quite sure 80% of the community arent women either. Actually I find it kind of creepy at the amount of male gamers who play female characters in games. Its as if they have some kind of fetish over controlling women.

Back on point all i want more cool looking, stylized frames. There needs to be more soldier like warframes akin to Excalibur and rhino. Id even go for an archer type warframe they could even release him with a new bow. Im getting tired of the male female male female release pattern. I for one think there are more than enough female frames to sate those who enjoy playing as them. When the game first started there were mostly males anyways.

I think it's great that there are female frames and the choice is always great to have in a game. I like your way of thinking and I completely agree, more warrior frames should be implemented. It seems to me that most of the new frames are casters besides the new female fame currently in the works. I like Ash because of the assassin feel and I think this game needs more straight up warrior/soldier frames. 

I really appreciate how much work went into Nekros and it's design. Very detailed and thought out Warframes are a great quality I would like to see more often. The only problem is I got a little bored of Nekros, recently I've been going back to old frames like Ash and Volt. 

Its as if they have some kind of fetish over controlling women.

For someone on a kick about personal preference, that's remarkably closed-minded of you.

As to the OP, there will be more frames.  Expect 1-2 (or 1 and a prime) with every major update.  That's how it has been for a while and that's likely how it will remain.  DE is attempting to maintain a gender balance between frames so the next frames we're getting are a female prime and a female frame.  Expect the U12 set to be male.

And speaking of male, solo-friendly frames, have you tried Vauban?  He's extremely easy to solo with due to his immense crowd control.  If that's not your cup of tea, perhaps give Excal a try.  Most write him off as a one-trick pony, but with copious use of radial blind he can function extremely well at high levels in both solo and team play.  Failing that, Rhino is the king of solo play, so there ya go.

Edited by Wriith

Personal preference is all well and good and its obvious that my personal preference in frames has nothing to do with the polygons used to render them. However, it still strikes me as odd that one would ignore half of the roster and then turn around and want MORE warframes. That is the point I am stuck on and have not seen it addressed other than "I don't play with female characters."

If Saryn or Mag or Nyx didn't have boobs, would this thread exist? That is 3 more frames that work well in solo, which is what OP is requesting.

Attack me all you want and call me creepy, but it doesn't change the fact that there ARE very viable solo frames that exist beyond Ash. And I'm not entirely sure why Ash is a solo frame. He's got zero CC and no mass clearing ability. Invis is nice, but when the pod is taking hits by Toxic ancients, Ash aint gonna be able to save it.

Actually I find it kind of creepy at the amount of male gamers who play female characters in games. Its as if they have some kind of fetish over controlling women.

It's different when you have a choice.

Trinity fits my play-style, not my sexual desires.

Edited by Archistopheles

This is clearly going to get derailed with a warframe gender debate, if it hasn't already been derailed...

Though I have a feeling that because of the OP's play preferences for character gender, he's missing out on a lot of the unique frames and abilities, and because of this, is complaining that there needs to be more unique frames--which sort of already exist, but he won't play them because of character gender preference.

I think I just discovered a paradox.

Also, JahziLLa, PLEASE USE THE EDIT BUTTON. Posting multiple times one after another is not good forum etiquette and can be mistaken as repeated thread bumping.

For someone on a kick about personal preference, that's remarkably closed-minded of you.

Allow me to clarify that statement. I did not mean that those that choose to play females are as such. I was alluding to the vast majority of gamers across multiple platforms and game types, most notably MMOs, where a male picks a female character simply to play out their fantasies, which if that makes you happy go for it.

Archistopheles, I wholeheartedly understand wanting to play a certain way or a certain class and you have limited options. I guess I am just more "picky" with my choices.

Honeybadger, yes people are ignoring half the roster and want MOAR but I think the reason is thus. All people have certain aesthetics that appeal to them and them alone, some people simply want what they want and will wait and complain until they get it. I agree people, such as myself, who do not enjoy or have any desire to play a female character are limiting themselves to half of the available content. I for one am ok with that. Do i wish some of the female frames had male versions cause I like their powers and the idea behind them? Yes, yes I do. I know that it will most likely never happen and that I will just have to wait out the pattern like everyone else does that cares to. 

Ending the gender war here and now, I think we can all agree that we'd like more combat frames and less mage frames. Combat could be swordsman, axemen, archer, marksmen. Who, perhaps have abilities to alter themselves rather than point and shoot. More like rhino's roar or iron skin, maybe even abilities that charge up your melee weapons for more damage kind of like saryn or a time slow effect for the archer so he can place many shots exactly where he want them without being crowded. More personal abilities rather than ranged or direct damage ones.

It's different when you have a choice.

Trinity fits my play-style, not my sexual desires.

(this person gets it tho)

to hop back on track to what this topic is about

could you please describe what you would want in a solo warframe?

there are different methods to doing it and I am interesting in what you have to say.

Allow me to clarify that statement. I did not mean that those that choose to play females are as such. I was alluding to the vast majority of gamers across multiple platforms and game types, most notably MMOs, where a male picks a female character simply to play out their fantasies, which if that makes you happy go for it.

Source, please.

For the rest of your post, I agree on the complaining without basis portion -- people are going to do it -- I am just trying to drill this into OP, that he is complaining without a gameplay basis to stand on.

I agree with you, I prefer to play males in all games since..well i am one. Honeybadger seems to not understand personal preference. Most people who play games like to put themselves in the characters shoes so to speak. I am not a women and I am quite sure 80% of the community arent women either. Actually I find it kind of creepy at the amount of male gamers who play female characters in games. Its as if they have some kind of fetish over controlling women..

*raises hand*

I main Trinity and I am male.  Not due to some fetish or somethin', but because she is the medic/support caster frame, and that's the kind of play style that suits me.  I prefer to let my guns do the damage, and abilities to assist my teammates whenever I can (Disregarding Trinity's massive damage combo of Well of Life and Energy Vamp.).  If Trinity were a dude, that'd be fine by me provided her abilities would be the same.  

OP, that's fine if you like playing male frames only.  That's completely understandable.  And yeah, I do slightly agree that a few more frames are needed, as I've pretty much played them all at this point, but we also need to remember that whenever a new frame is implemented, DE needs to find, design, and code a new location for them to be found in.  So it's not exactly as easy as it sounds.  I also agree that if they took a few more ideas from the community, their work wouldn't be as hard, but hey, that's up to them. 

For now, we just gotta lie back and be patient with the rest of the community until some other stuff comes along.  

*raises hand*

I main Trinity and I am male.  Not due to some fetish or somethin', but because she is the medic/support caster frame, and that's the kind of play style that suits me.  I prefer to let my guns do the damage, and abilities to assist my teammates whenever I can (Disregarding Trinity's massive damage combo of Well of Life and Energy Vamp.).  If Trinity were a dude, that'd be fine by me provided her abilities would be the same. 

That's what I said in the above post, if it fits your play style regardless of gender I completely understand im just more picky than others.

That's what I said in the above post, if it fits your play style regardless of gender I completely understand im just more picky than others.

Yooooo, can I get that source on most MMO male players playing as female characters because of sexual urges? If not, please edit your post where you make this claim.

Oh yeah also this.

http://playingwithresearch.com/2012/04/29/hypersexualism-gameplay-problem-action-heroine/

I do believe all female warframes have curvy and voluptuous body types..wonder why?

....most of the frames  , males included look average.... the most "Sexualized" thing about them is what you choose to attach to em.

Hell , Embers Idle is the only intentionally " sexy for sexy" kinda thing about them.

god i hate this discussion ... this female vs male  gamer choice S#&$ , people play what they like.

in this game in particular it means even less since each frame has its own  powers and play style.

stop judging people based on what gender they play in video games ffs....

also this classic - " if i need to stare at the back of a character for hours , i want to stare at something i like looking at" .

that right there would be your main reason male gamers play as females.

other reasons are - because they can , its a game they like to play with the gender that is not their own for fun.

also on the original topic , if you  ignore half the character options just cause they are female , you are by all means gimping yourself and have no right to be asking for more warframes that do the same stuff but have a bulge  instead of some curves.

>.>

Obviously it's not about me. I'm sure most would appreciate more Warframes. 

ok but why ask for something obvious that happens definitly every big update. this thread is like asking a car company to produce cars. Its obvious that they produce them it even if you are not asking for it.....

For the love of god im not judging people I was giving him the "source" he kept asking for, honestly kind of as a joke. I have stated several times in previous posts that I dont care what anyone does as long as it is what they want. Whether its playstyle, aesthetics, or hell maybe they want to stare at a girls &#! while she shoots guns IDR care. Originally I was just agreeing with the OP that's all. The OP, several others, and myself simply stated that for OUR personal tastes we would like to see more cool looking soldier type male warframes. Long ago when this game was still closed beta there was one lone female warframe. People whined complained, made intelligent remarks, made dumb remarks, and in the end what happened? The genders are balanced and will continue to be. We were merely stating our opinion that we would like it to go a little bit the other way once more. That's all. 

Honestly i'm tired of this debate. I've always hated politics for one simple reason, if someone believes something strong enough or it is what they themselves want or need there is nothing anyone can do to change their view. So it is pointless to debate philosophy since everyone's is inherently unique.

ok but why ask for something obvious that happens definitly every big update. this thread is like asking a car company to produce cars. Its obvious that they produce them it even if you are not asking for it.....

It's more about pointing them towards a certain direction. Blah blah blah is all I hear from people, I just want to see more well designed and detailed Warframes. If you're just going to complain about this thread then don't pay attention to it. This is general discussion not letters I'm shoving into your face. I just want to put my idea's out there and hear what others have to say about Warframes and what they should add etc.

Now onto Warframe discussion. I would like to see some sort of earth frame along with a straight up speed frame.

Edited by JahziLLa

Now onto Warframe discussion. I would like to see some sort of earth frame along with a straight up speed frame.

I could think of a few fundamental reasons why an earth frame and a speed frame would be a bad/non-unique idea.

For the "earth" frame, the biggest issue is that 4 of the 7 tilesets are in metal environments (spaceships/space bases). Also manipulating earth seems kind of drab, I mean, throwing dirt at your enemies? A rock... maybe... but you have to ask "where did this rock come from? What makes this rock different from Nyx's psychic bolts?" An attack that involves stomping the ground and sending out a shockwave/line of broken ground feels too much like Rhino's stomp or Frost's Ice-Wave. If anything, I'd say that Rhino is the "Earth Frame" with his iron skin and stomp abilities.

For the "speed" frame, the only thing I can think of is "gotta run fast" and that's about it. I mean, aside from that really the only thing he might be able to do is speed up/buff his melee attacks, temporarily gain infinite stamina, or a skill that allows him to dodge incoming bullets for a certain amount of time. But then again, this would feel much too much like Volt in a lot of respects (Really Speed). Now, maybe a frame that could manipulate time would make more sense, the ability to dilate the passage of time to achieve super-speed feats, etc... but this idea has been suggested hundreds of times.

Thinking of a frame that's uniquely set apart from the other frames is a very hard task, especially when it comes to abilities. Already there's significant ability overlap with frames (Rhino's Charge, Excalibur's Slash Dash, Ash and Loki's cloak ability, Nyx's Chaos and Nekros's shadows of the dead, etc).

Using a meme as a fact, really?

Now, going to throw my two cents in, I play females in games only if I think it fits, for example I play females as mage characters most of the time. Now warriors or whatever I will play male most of the time. I do this for variety, I don't like to put myself in the shoes of the person, for example I wont try and make a character look like me because I play games to "escape" normal life and relax not roleplay. I would get bored if I just played male after male after male. I like to mix things up I guess, try new things. But whatever you like to do is up to you. Just don't say people play females because of a "fetish", yes some may do that I guess, but don't generalize people like that. Ok my stupid rant is over.