The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Mods

angrykenji

Hmm interesting.. how do the mods that add recoil work with weapons with no recoil? Can't wait to put that on my Flux Rifle or Ignis.. also 100% more melee dmg outweights 20% attack speed quite a bit imho, especially since elemental mods are gonna scale off it. So you double your DPS while decreasing it by 20%.. so.. you increase your melee DPS by 80%.

Those numbers.

Is it just me, or is this made SPECIFICALLY for Grakata and Soma?

I'd say that seems far more suited for snipers. Grakata and Soma will lose DPS when their fire rate is lowered, fire rate doesn't matter so much for sniper rifles when their modus operandi is "line up your shot, then do massive burst damage"

It WOULD make Grakata more ammo efficient and easier to fire small bursts/single shots (Soma already does this just fine due to its wind-up period), but it still means you'll be pelting enemies with cherry pits for an age before one of them gets annoyed and decides to die.

Of course, then there's Synapse, which isn't affected by fire rate mods making this (presumably) a no-drawbacks buff for it (though whether it would be better than using an elemental or bane mod or whatever else, I couldn't say yet)

Do I miss something or is Hollow Point almost completely useless?

Despair as example:

25 Dmg 5% crit chance 150% crit damage

5% crit chance mean 1 in every 20 shots which is 2 magazines.

Unmodded:

19*25 = 475

1*(25*1.5) = 37.5

20 Shots = 512.5

Hollow Point

25*0.975 = 24.375

19*24.375= 463.125

1*(24.375*1.6) = 39

20 Shots = 502.125

So without hollowpoint 2 magazines including one crit provide 512 dmg while the mod reduces the dmg to approximately 502.

So... did i miss something or is it pretty much useless?

What you missed is that it's only worth considering on crit weapons, which Despair is not. Also, you may as well use the maxed stats for your calculations, using rank 1 damage mods is a bit silly.

The best crit pistols right now are, I believe, Viper, Vasto, and Lex (and any applicable dual variants), but even none of them really have very spectacular crit stats, so I don't know whether a crit build on those with this mod would outshine a damage build without actually bothering to do the calculations, but the point stands that Despair is a really silly choice for calculating on for this.

EDIT: So I didn't feel like figuring out entire loadouts to compare, but I did decide to compare the average damage per shot on a Vasto with and without Hollow Point and crit mods. With no other crit mods, Hollow Point actually does lower your average damage slightly, but a Vasto with Hollow Point AND Pistol Gambit deals a bit higher average damage per shot than one with just Pistol Gambit.

Interestingly, once you throw both Pistol Gambit and Target Cracker into the mix, the Hollow Point Vasto still takes the lead, but by a smaller margin than before, with only a difference of about 1.6 points of damage (not perfectly accurate because I didn't round, since I don't remember how and when the game rounds for what purposes in damage calc)

So it does confer a marginal benefit to crit pistols with crit builds, but the gain is so tiny I'd wager just about any other mod would be a better use of the slot. Plus, right now there aren't any pistols with good enough crit characteristics to really warrant a crit build, 33% chance max is too inconsistent to really be useful and a base 1.5x multiplier is rather poor. I'd say until they introduce a pistol that crits as well as Soma or Synapse, this mod does turn out to be pretty useless.

Edited by Mizuumi18

I've got an screenshot of Tainted Mag for you!

d9vFSFL.jpg

nice. thanks. i tried adding it to the OP but i'm not allowed to add any more images. i'll work on something later.

Question for me, has Synapse a recoil or not? It's stream isn't as staright as Flux Rifle, but it doesn't really have a recoil it's more like a wave-pattern.

'

Synapse has no recoil, like the Flux

nice. thanks. i tried adding it to the OP but i'm not allowed to add any more images. i'll work on something later.

Synapse has no recoil, like the Flux

My pleasure.  Maybe combine them into a single/fewer images and post that/those?

Just a thought....

Could someone explain to me why people are calling power creep on mods that are (IIRC) only amazing when you pair them with existing ones? Not to mention the fact that these mods have downsides (admittedly, they don't always matter).

Edit: My only problem with these mods is the ten-rank rares.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Flux has no recoil so it purely benefits from Heavy Caliber. i ranked my mod just 6x and a slight tap erases even any mid-lvl enemy (combined with the other staple mods)

but i'm afraid i'll have to shove another forma into my Flux and other fave guns to use and max some of these new mods...cause i'm OCD like that :(

Edited by angrykenji

Flux has no recoil so it purely benefits from Heavy Caliber. i ranked my mod just 6x and a slight tap erases even any mid-lvl enemy (combined with the other staple mods)

but i'm afraid i'll have to shove another forma into my Flux and other fave guns to use and max some of these new mods...cause i'm OCD like that :(

Just so you know, that extra % damage is only a add on, so no where near as powerful as serration or all the faction specific mods like bane of infested.

Just so you know, that extra % damage is only a add on, so no where near as powerful as serration or all the faction specific mods like bane of infested.

its basically just a new elemental-less elemental mod. in other words 90% fire ice or lightning (with default 25% elemental bonus) is much better than 100% elemental less and not to mention the simultaneous attack speed nerf.

Edited by ForumSmurf

well I just got done with a test, recorded it to save everyone else the trouble. IT DOES boost the BASE damage of the Latron Prime rifle. but NOT the synpase rifle. !!!!

I'll be posting this video in the bugs part. ( and keep your mouse over the pause button I didn't slot enough time in for all the text)

http://youtu.be/4v2M9umrcKo

http://youtu.be/4v2M9umrcKo

above is my new detailed ( math included ) video to show how the new Heavy Caliber mod is not working properly with Synapse. I used Latron Prime to compare how Heavy caliber works on it while working differently on Synapse.

and before anyone mentions "well Synapse is Electrical base dealing weapon" I want you to know that I'm fully aware. and that is taken into account. Electrical damage deals 1.25x ( any) on lancers. however it still doesn't explain the 2 separate numbers. AND if you noticed, when i used the Synapse without any mods. there was only 1 damage number showing up per 1 round.

Edited by Rompido

FYI, they're going to fix those mods and how they affect recoil-less weapons, i.e. actually adding recoil.