Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Forma

Rogelio_Gaona

The new changes in status and the introduction of exilus for weapons was a good step for versatility and variety, as it displaces the old unique “meta build" and pushes the need for specialized builds according to the enemies.

The problem: Mod capacity and polarity.

A weapon (or warframe ) with a specialized build where all slots have mod-based polarity gives no room for change, due to increased draining for mismatch polarities and mod capacity.
To change a build like this, to another where the mods don’t match polarity, you have to polarize using forma and forgoing the first build since the new polarity wouldn’t match, and the mod capacity would not allow it to be preserved, making it almost impossible to have more than one specialized build per warframe or weapon.

The Proposal: A New Kind of Forma 

Sentient Forma: Only can be vazarin unairu or naramon polarity, polarity is defined when constructing it, similar to focus lenses. 

Taking into account the nature of the problem there can be two approaches: 

• Polarity: Adds one polarity over an existing one, making it possible to have two polarities in the same mod slot. 
    Limited to 1 additional polarity per slot, so using additional sentient forma in a slot that already has it would only replace the second polarity.  

• Mod capacity: Increases mod capacity in 2 per forma (like kuva weapons ).
    Limited to 10+ capacity 
    The problem with this approach is that given the rarity of the plane, components, and little benefit for each consciously, It would be an overwhelming and repetitive process. 

The requirements :

• 1 Forma
  • 1 Transmutation core Vazarin , naramon , or unairu , will define (and limit) the forma polarity.
  • 10 Radiant Eidolon Shards
  • 15 Anomaly Shards

Given the limited use of these components, their rarity, and their origin, this is a good opportunity to put them to use.

I realy would love to see this implemented in the game, as always sorry if my eng isn't so good, and let me know any thoughts or feedback.

• Like 1

hace 12 minutos, Rogelio_Gaona dijo:

The new changes in status and the introduction of exilus for weapons was a good step for versatility and variety, as it displaces the old unique “meta build" and pushes the need for specialized builds according to the enemies.

The problem: Mod capacity and polarity.

A weapon (or warframe ) with a specialized build where all slots have mod-based polarity gives no room for change, due to increased draining for mismatch polarities and mod capacity.
To change a build like this, to another where the mods don’t match polarity, you have to polarize using forma and forgoing the first build since the new polarity wouldn’t match, and the mod capacity would not allow it to be preserved, making it almost impossible to have more than one specialized build per warframe or weapon.

The Proposal: A New Kind of Forma 

Sentient Forma: Only can be vazarin unairu or naramon polarity, polarity is defined when constructing it, similar to focus lenses. 

Taking into account the nature of the problem there can be two approaches: 

• Polarity: Adds one polarity over an existing one, making it possible to have two polarities in the same mod slot. 
    Limited to 1 additional polarity per slot, so using additional sentient forma in a slot that already has it would only replace the second polarity.  

• Mod capacity: Increases mod capacity in 2 per forma (like kuva weapons ).
    Limited to 10+ capacity 
    The problem with this approach is that given the rarity of the plane, components, and little benefit for each consciously, It would be an overwhelming and repetitive process. 

The requirements :

• 1 Forma
  • 1 Transmutation core Vazarin , naramon , or unairu , will define (and limit) the forma polarity.
  • 10 Radiant Eidolon Shards
  • 15 Anomaly Shards

Given the limited use of these components, their rarity, and their origin, this is a good opportunity to put them to use.

I realy would love to see this implemented in the game, as always sorry if my eng isn't so good, and let me know any thoughts or feedback.

What if instead of a special forma,they simply allow us to stack them?

• Like 2

hace 8 minutos, (PS4)Quantaminum dijo:

It really doesn't.

The meta build just shifted. There's still no need to tweak builds depending on enemy faction.

True, but was the intention behind the changes and still no room for having multiple specialized builds, specially taking in consideration umbral and riven mods.

and that is why in nature every 'specialized' creature is likely to die out whenever some bigger changes happen... don't be that creature!

also, i don't have any problem adapting any weapon or frame... well, i did spend about 3 formas on two weapons to make them viral instead of what i ran before. only one slot was polarized already though and the weapon would be just fine like it was anyway.

and then: yet another kind of forma? didn't just got the stance forma yesterday? that's what? 4 typs of forma so far... and you want another one? please no...

what i think DE should have done a long time ago is to revisit their whole modding system, but that is now likely to happen as eastern and xmas being on the same day (and no, quantum mechanics is cheating and therefore no argument that this is possible ^^)

The main reason I use kuva weapons is because of the increased mod capacity, I can play around with a lot of mixing and matching without having to re-forma.

It's great that I can adjust the build for various damage types easily and I can even use the exilus slot, something that's most of the time out of capacity anyway, making the extra slot pointless.

And it's not like it's free, I did spend 5 forma and the time to rank it 5 extra times.

Edited by HunterDigi
  • Like 1