Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen shake (weapon recoil) is making some people sick

supernils

well, if u cant play like that then pick a weapon that doesnt shake. 

screenshake is added for a reason. its part of the weapon. if u cant play with it than pick an other weapon, just like if u cant bare a long reload u dont ask DE to make it quicker, or if u dont like beam weapons, you dont ask DE the make them regular guns.

• Like 1

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Cicasajt:

screenshake is added for a reason. its part of the weapon. if u cant play with it than pick an other weapon, just like if u cant bare a long reload u dont ask DE to make it quicker, or if u dont like beam weapons, you dont ask DE the make them regular guns.

Well, i would agree but it should not move your camera to much also, instead of moving the camera it could move the character and crosshair instead only, still reducing accuracy but without the eye hurting effect, but fancy eye and head hurting effects are a trend so, looking at you Eidolons.

It is simple a thing to consider for people who can't stand such, some games simply do that to be user friendly or lets say disabled people or such as example.

Edited by Marine027
Typos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Well, i would agree but it should not move your camera to much also, instead of moving the camera it could move the character and crosshair instead only, still reducing accuracy but without the eye hurting effect, but fancy eye and head hurting effects are a trend so, looking at you Eidolons.

It is simple a thing to consider for people who can't stand such, some games simply do that to be user friendly or lets say disabled people or such as example.

i guess this king of shaking makes more sense in first person and now third person. maybe there could be an option to have either kind of shake. id prefer the camera shake because then at least i know that the crosshair is in the middle, while when the crosshair itself shakes its much harder to correct your aim.

then there is the 3rd option: the one used in countere strike, but we dont talk about that one

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

Of course such a comment would show up in no time. I expected something like "well then go play minecraft". If it's not your problem why bother? Why would it bother you if other people would have problem less? Are you afraid people would have an unfair advantage over you because their screen doesn't shake? We're only talking about an option here.

Edited by supernils

47 minutes ago, supernils said:

Of course such a comment would show up in no time. I expected something like "well then go play minecraft". If it's not your problem why bother? Why would it bother you if other people would have problem less? Are you afraid people would have an unfair advantage over you because their screen doesn't shake? We're only talking about an option here.

im not afraid of advantage, im afraid of losing more of that healthy gameplay. might aswell give knives to the enemy to cut their own throats because killing them makes me sick

On 2020-03-29 at 2:06 AM, supernils said:

Please for the love of god, make the "enable screen shake" option actually enable/disable screen shake, including weapon recoil.

Some people downright cannot play the game because of that.

This has bothered me for many years now. My sensitivity to screen shake is so acute that it will give me vertigo but overall it's just pointless. 
Warframe is a 3rd person shooter, but our weapons are not cameras. Even IF there was an option for first person, the only time the screen should move on firing is when I'm scoped--that's it.
Accuracy is a displayed stat, recoil is not and shouldn't be reflected by screen shake ( which I've got turned off anyway ). When firing a weapon, the 3rd person model should be moving along with the reticle, not the camera.
I don't expect any changes to be made for the better though, as it seems the enemy AI and who knows what else, is all tied to the camera.

• Like 2

On 2020-03-28 at 11:06 PM, supernils said:

Please for the love of god, make the "enable screen shake" option actually enable/disable screen shake, including weapon recoil.

Some people downright cannot play the game because of that.

On 2020-03-28 at 11:19 PM, Cicasajt said:

As I understand this, the issue is the setting to disable screen shake not doing its job, but the immediate reply being to pick a weapon that doesn't shake does not seem to address the problem.

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk