The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second attemp at changing how bundles work

DemonStrikerX

8 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

No morally correct reason.

Even that's debatable.  It's not like they hide the information from you at time of purchase, or have the game randomly decide what items you get.  No, you know exactly what you're going to get with each of the options.  I'm pretty sure it even shows the other purchase options on the right hand side of the market screen under the 'related' UI when you go to buy either of them.  They're not manipulating you in any way that isn't core to selling an item (meaning on a technical level, having an item sold at any price is a form of manipulation so there's a degree of manipulation inherent in the purchase/sale interaction) and they're not taking advantage of people with particular susceptibility such as those with addictive personalities (when it comes to purchasing stuff).  I would argue it's certainly not morally wrong and at worst it's just morally meh in the way that anything other than straight up charity is when it comes to the handing over of something.

On 2020-03-29 at 6:06 PM, Padre_Akais said:

It feels predatory but is also not a particularly uncommon practice for developers as well.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Unfortunately, I don't see a change happening unless someone with a name and a sizeable following makes a public stink about it...That's just my opinion though.

Yes, DE has slowly been ramping up the FOMO nature of their F2P strategy the last couple of years. It seemed like they were going the right way when they removed paid revives, but then they dove deeply into boosters, twitch locked stuff, riven shenanigans, five-forma weapons and the like. So yeah, what we need is a big name making a stink video about it again, then things'll happen once more. It's disheartening to have to type this out, but that's the truth as I see it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-03-29 at 8:42 AM, DemonStrikerX said:

For many players including me this can be very annoying because when we own things like the frame and weapons in the bundle by playing the game its almost meaningless to buy a bundle where you own most of the things but you buy it just for a decoration, I think this can very easily fixed and the game currently already has a variation of this fix in the game.

I really hope so, the collections always piss me off, and prime purchases NEED to have other "globs", maybe trade some builds for new things at various planets, relays, or npc, getto like special mods and decorations, for the orbiter many, a rail jack or ship skin additional color palettes for guns bought, I mean WHY buy another MK-1 bow, why! A few ideas for the things we already earned from story missions and side quest to have random rolls, or additional elements, have a mod attached already which is fused, or MINUS ENDO status79 o could be interesting to buy BROKEN WEAPONS or those which ARE DAMAGED, the mod  packs could have additional items, and other seasonal loot or collectible glyphs, something clean , i think the enemies have those S#&$ty karaks and SMG guns when they die with the  parazon to overrride them they could be used for performing finishers, and counter tactics,  its level 8 Lex in my holster but it could have a channel for energy, compared to another blueprint or store purchase, so that Darvo's gear has special effect: Sealed, or Vaccum chambers which increase the reload.

if the enemies weapons can be collected and given to kanzu, a larger codex & love, another new NPC, war frame modifications, Blacksmiths boots, +fishing, +minning,

kitweapons to break those items and weapons down for making savage zawys with unique features, honestly, they could be made into pet armor or civilian defense systems, machines, orbiter decoration, trophies, and tenory items or something like that, the enemies mods would be concealed context, and have ways to apply them to which the syndicatges can further allocate, focus and lenses are also mad bland /  blueprints are awful, honestly theres not enough randomized modifications to them in combat the status proc-s, maybe we can buy stuff in open-world at the gates, or from the wheel, start menu and nightwave at somepoint, but for now i 'd like the pickups and lockers to have special bullet types and traps to deactivate, temporary items, keys and don't really change anything, t,buursa shop , reload features in-combat are extremely lacking, especially for kitguns, npc and party bonus horse or something additional which triggers at the start of town for visiting and missions,

maybe some places and relays have the nodes in navigation react, could enhance excavators functions, knights in loincloth,  or have some extra ciphers added, especially relic orbs, or care packages, could totally, obtain  some especially those weapons which can be purchased with platinum, if they don't have random stats or like destiny 2 "random rolls", if at least a copy, 

16 hours ago, SnakeBadger said:

I really hope so, the collections always piss me off, and prime purchases NEED to have other "globs", maybe trade some builds for new things at various planets, relays, or npc, getto like special mods and decorations, for the orbiter many, a rail jack or ship skin additional color palettes for guns bought, I mean WHY buy another MK-1 bow, why! A few ideas for the things we already earned from story missions and side quest to have random rolls, or additional elements, have a mod attached already which is fused, or MINUS ENDO status79 o could be interesting to buy BROKEN WEAPONS or those which ARE DAMAGED, the mod  packs could have additional items, and other seasonal loot or collectible glyphs, something clean , i think the enemies have those S#&$ty karaks and SMG guns when they die with the  parazon to overrride them they could be used for performing finishers, and counter tactics,  its level 8 Lex in my holster but it could have a channel for energy, compared to another blueprint or store purchase, so that Darvo's gear has special effect: Sealed, or Vaccum chambers which increase the reload.

if the enemies weapons can be collected and given to kanzu, a larger codex & love, another new NPC, war frame modifications, Blacksmiths boots, +fishing, +minning,

kitweapons to break those items and weapons down for making savage zawys with unique features, honestly, they could be made into pet armor or civilian defense systems, machines, orbiter decoration, trophies, and tenory items or something like that, the enemies mods would be concealed context, and have ways to apply them to which the syndicatges can further allocate, focus and lenses are also mad bland /  blueprints are awful, honestly theres not enough randomized modifications to them in combat the status proc-s, maybe we can buy stuff in open-world at the gates, or from the wheel, start menu and nightwave at somepoint, but for now i 'd like the pickups and lockers to have special bullet types and traps to deactivate, temporary items, keys and don't really change anything, t,buursa shop , reload features in-combat are extremely lacking, especially for kitguns, npc and party bonus horse or something additional which triggers at the start of town for visiting and missions,

maybe some places and relays have the nodes in navigation react, could enhance excavators functions, knights in loincloth,  or have some extra ciphers added, especially relic orbs, or care packages, could totally, obtain  some especially those weapons which can be purchased with platinum, if they don't have random stats or like destiny 2 "random rolls", if at least a copy, 

I like the idea of enchancing weapons thats a cool thing but I am not sure if purchasing a weapon outright rather than farming should give you special perks, because that would be pay to be different or even pay to win if they added such things. But ye bundles and collections have to be reworked but I guess we are just random people talking on forums and our opinion does not matter much to DE

• 1 month later...

There's a much simpler fix to all these problems, or at least a fix that should also be included alongside your suggestions, and that's to simply make it so if you already have something from a bundle the bundle is reduced in price for you to compensate. I prefer to farm warframes and weapons instead of buying them, unless their drop rates are 100% bullsh*t and I've wasted far too much time farming them. (nidusandharrownowthattheirupdatesaren'tcurrentcontentandnoonedoesthem) I shouldn't be forced to re-buy warframes and weapons from a bundle if I've already got them and just want the cosmetics, or if I haven't got them yet but still just want the cosmetics.

This would only be a fix if you already have the warframes and/or weapons in the bundle, but for other instances this would mean that if you, for example, bought a deluxe skin but not the bundle, and later on decided you want the items that come in the bundle, the bundle would be reduced in price to compensate for you already having the skin in the deluxe bundle.

The way it ought to work like real world sales,  u give a slight discount for a bundle and a touch more for each separate item. DE has made no concession to ease this bcuz of greed. The Store is configured haphazardly, u buy a skin and it has a bundle now u have to buy that skin twice....no thanks. a Bad business model is a model unflexible. On top of what is it really, it's just cosmetics...why be so disagreeable?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-06-02 at 8:31 AM, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

The way it ought to work like real world sales,  u give a slight discount for a bundle and a touch more for each separate item. DE has made no concession to ease this bcuz of greed. The Store is configured haphazardly, u buy a skin and it has a bundle now u have to buy that skin twice....no thanks. a Bad business model is a model unflexible. On top of what is it really, it's just cosmetics...why be so disagreeable?

DE said that they will change the way bundles works later on in time dont know when but all we can do is wait and see

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-06-01 at 10:08 AM, DemonStrikerX said:

DE mentioned that they will be looking into lowering the price of bundles if the items are already bought so i guess this is a step into the right direction

I apologize for bringing this up again, but, is this really true?

My biggest gripe on bundles in Warframe has always been being forced to pay full price for a bundle when you have all but one item in said bundle. 

If they're actually going to do what you say, then that is as much I could really ask for. 

4 hours ago, Tyrellus said:

I apologize for bringing this up again, but, is this really true?

My biggest gripe on bundles in Warframe has always been being forced to pay full price for a bundle when you have all but one item in said bundle. 

If they're actually going to do what you say, then that is as much I could really ask for. 

Yes I think someone talked about this on reddit and it caught DE Rebbaca's attention and she said they will be bringing changes to these bundles but no promises on when so just got to wait and see for now.

On 2020-03-29 at 9:45 PM, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

There are many skins I have that I want the accessories for, but I didn't have enough plat at the time to purchase the respective bundles. This change would be nice.

Regardless of what OP suggested, I surely want the bundle price to deduct the ones that already owned in ratio, like how steam sale bundle works.

18 hours ago, DemonStrikerX said:

Yes I think someone talked about this on reddit and it caught DE Rebbaca's attention and she said they will be bringing changes to these bundles but no promises on when so just got to wait and see for now.

Here's hoping it's sooner than later.

Archived