Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The greatest tragedy of the Jovian tile rework

Nasuth

This is something I just realized tonight. It took me this long.

THERE ARE NO MORE HACKABLE MOA CABINETS!!!

I know it's a silly thing, but I love to hack the cabinets in missions and amass an army of MOAs (often I end up having to protect them, the poor frail adorable dears) but this is no longer possible on any Gas City tile. My biggest fear is that soon we will lose them all on the Corpus ships too, leaving them only existing (for however long) on the Corpus Settlement tile set. Please DE, don't overlook this detail! Maybe also consider finding space for them on the Gas City again!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

What about, instead of a Moa locker, a little metal, "bread box?" Hack to spawns a Ratel 40s cooldown.. fairly common. Lots more Parazon-hack-console bonus chances.

Hide contents

Why not both? 🤔

• Like 2

51d6SxLYaDL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg&f=1&nofratel.png&f=1&nofb=1

This just gave me the idea of Vauban being able to lay down one of these "Moa," or Ratel lockers.
Set down a stationary hackable console. Instead of a, "hack," puzzle you can fail.. use something that feels like hack interface to add custom bonuses each time you spawn one. Pick damage or attack types.. (have [Shield Charger] Ratels, base status type range attacks to combine, melee, auto-hack precepts to spawn more for you or utterly break security.) Accept button is either clicking or casting cipher in a manor consistent with ciphers (but does not cost/spend a cipher to accept.) Complexity of the hack (meaning, amount of bonus options you can to stack up on spawning) determined by Power Strength.

Everyone in the party can hack it individually, but the cooldown is balanced per hack. Expires after 6 hacks. Cast again on target during it's duration, and any existing Ratel summon will, "pikmin," the case over closer. Would synergize really well with Mirage, as enemies will hack it, blow up, and spawn a ratel against themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kapn655321 said:

This just gave me the idea of Vauban being able to lay down one of these "Moa," or Ratel lockers.
Set down a stationary hackable console. Instead of a, "hack," puzzle you can fail.. use something that feels like hack interface to add custom bonuses each time you spawn one. Pick damage or attack types.. (have [Shield Charger] Ratels, base status type range attacks to combine, melee, auto-hack precepts to spawn more for you or utterly break security.) Accept button is either clicking or casting cipher in a manor consistent with ciphers (but does not cost/spend a cipher to accept.) Complexity of the hack (meaning, amount of bonus options you can to stack up on spawning) determined by Power Strength.

Everyone in the party can hack it individually, but the cooldown is balanced per hack. Expires after 6 hacks. Cast again on target during it's duration, and any existing Ratel summon will, "pikmin," the case over closer. Would synergize really well with Mirage, as enemies will hack it, blow up, and spawn a ratel against themselves.

I like this idea! Still won't replace the cabinets in my heart, tho. Long live the MOA cabinets!

1 hour ago, Nasuth said:

I like this idea! Still won't replace the cabinets in my heart, tho. Long live the MOA cabinets!

Totally agree.

Were he to get that, cast Overdriver on the locker to boost the strength of all Ally robotics (including Moa & Sentinel) within X meters. Repair drone Ratels could heal allies, with a bonus to robotic & non-human objectives.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nasuth said:

Long live the MOA cabinets!

rather than removing them, it would be nice to see the idea expanded upon: have multiple cabinet types, with harder hacks resulting in a more powerful MOA ally: maybe come across a machine that deploy Bursas, and for the cost of several Ciphers (or a Hack that can't be Ciphered) , spawn a friendly Bursa. could also have ones for Ratels and Ospreys, and the Grineer should have an equivalent for Latchers and Rollers. (maybe a harder one for Machine Gun Rollers).

it could be made as an optional objective: hack a terminal and defend it to gain extra rewards and a little extra something to help with the main mission objective.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

rather than removing them, it would be nice to see the idea expanded upon: have multiple cabinet types, with harder hacks resulting in a more powerful MOA ally: maybe come across a machine that deploy Bursas, and for the cost of several Ciphers (or a Hack that can't be Ciphered) , spawn a friendly Bursa. could also have ones for Ratels and Ospreys, and the Grineer should have an equivalent for Latchers and Rollers. (maybe a harder one for Machine Gun Rollers).

it could be made as an optional objective: hack a terminal and defend it to gain extra rewards and a little extra something to help with the main mission objective.

All great ideas!

...that we'll probably never see because DE much like most of the community have forgotten that this is a thing you can do. 😟

2 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

i still miss putting waypoints on alarm consoles. everybody always was confused in squad chat when they saw "Panic Button"

lol yep another thing lost to progress 😛

Wait, I can't mark panic buttons anymore? 😞 I was just debating showing some friends I convinced to give a try and little things like Panic Button is part of the charm of the game. 😞

Though my original post was a bit critical, I would love to see more machine hackable interactions as well.

• Like 2