Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora sub-ability selector backwards?

_Anise_

Just wondering..

Ivara has an ability with sub abilities, you tap her 1 to cycle different kinds of arrows and then hold 1 to shoot the selected arrow.

similar Wisp has a sub ability where you tap 1 to cycle her buff flowers and hold one to cast them.

Khora for some reason has it he opposte way around tap will cast and holding it will cycle, seems counter intuitive considering 2 frames already have it the other way around,

Why is this ?

yeah I kind of agree, but then wouldn't tap to drop a wisp flower and tap to shoot an arrow also be more intuitive?

why not consistency across abilities with sub-abilities ?

Edited by _Anise_

I think it depends on the context of the ability you want to use and how often you want to switch/actually get the ability going.

With Khora, holding to change + tapping makes more sense. Sure, Venari isn't the best AI but just being able to press 1 on the enemy I want Venari to start attacking (i.e. Auditor in Index) and then need her to attack something else is good. PLus it would be frustrating if you press 3 by accident and change Venari from Heal mode to Attack mode. Most of the time, you want Khora on one mode with Venari and only need her to occasionally make Venari change targets, but that needs to be quick. 

With Ivara, tapping to change and holding to shoot makes more sense. Might seem weird at first, but you have more time thanks to Ivara's invisibility first and you don't want to accidentally shoot off the arrow you don't want. You have more time. You also have more reasons to need to change skills on the fly, from Dashwire to Sleep ASAP. 

With Wisp, tapping to change and holding to put down a Mote makes more sense. You want to be able to change the Mote you want ASAP and you don't want to accidentally override an earlier mote you may have put down incase you're in something like a defense/interception mission, for example. 

With Titania, you want to tap to be able to quickly change the tribute you want and then hold when you want to actually cast Tribute to gain the buffs. It'd REALLY suck if you accidentally use Tribute instead of changing it around since changing it around doesn't take that much time if done by accident. 

Ultimately it all comes down to if you need the ability RIGHT NOW. With Ivara, Wisp and Titania, it's better to be able to swap between their abilities as quickly as possible. With Khora, it's more like a Mode Change than an Ability Change. 

It may seem like it's not 'consistent', but the way Khora's 3 works IS very different to the way Ivara, Wisp and Titania's works. Thus it needs to be different. 

Edited by KaijuKraid
  • Like 1

I guess that makes sense, though if you are one of those people that switches frames a lot between say Ivara and Khora it can be easy to get confused and end up misfiring an ability, also does specifiying a target help more than just letting the cat do its thing ? I really only started looking at Khora recently.

random thought, it would be nice to be able to assign "ability cycle" to have a single key that goes across all frames

Edited by _Anise_