Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battalyst Laser Attack Needs A Nerf

(XBOX)SanctusRuin

4 hours ago, Krenlik said:

Backing up out of range, of hiding behind something blocking line of sight works.   

yes, if you had enough time to block LoS that would be an option.

i don't think that changes my statement that the attack isn't synced well and trying to avoid the Lasers is highly unrealistic to try when just touching the Laser can be fatal (high Damage Continuous vs low-medium Damage Continuous, in which you'd expect an attack like that to not instantly Kill you but make the room a hazardous obstacle temporarily).

53 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Maybe instead of nerfing them they could make them last for less time than the average time needed for a location to recover from nuclear fallout?

Agreed.

The attack's clearly designed for back when Batalysts were minibosses, not common fodder. I don't mind the powerhouse faction having a super-powered attack on their fodder, but it needs to be designed with a more chaotic experience in mind - clearer visuals for identification and making it more reasonable to consistently avoid.

(Also, I get that Sentients can avoid and adapt to abilities, but it's a bit weird that this ability is completely unhindered by CC abilities like stasis. If it was turned on before the stasis kicks in it still keeps going and even can run out the clock as usual. That's just inconsistent)

• Like 1

I wish they didn't fix Battalysts bypassing Vitrify and Snow Globe.

Sure, I can feasibly avoid the Disco Dance of Doom, but it does 4 quadrillion times the damage of anything else at its level, thanks to scraping multiple lasers each probably ticking constant damage of which any single tick is already on the high end of what other Sentient attacks are outputting.

Even at level 25, a single Battalyst can carve out the defensive wall if you let it spin a rotation or two. By the higher levels, it might as well be a Nullifier bubble for what it does to them.

I'm perfectly okay with being oneshotted by Battalyst: just give me something that can oneshot it (ranged, no Paracheese) and while you are at it, telegraph the attack better so that's at least noticeable amidst the chaos of the battle.

4 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I wish they didn't fix Battalysts bypassing Vitrify and Snow Globe.

Sure, I can feasibly avoid the Disco Dance of Doom, but it does 4 quadrillion times the damage of anything else at its level, thanks to scraping multiple lasers each probably ticking constant damage of which any single tick is already on the high end of what other Sentient attacks are outputting.

Even at level 25, a single Battalyst can carve out the defensive wall if you let it spin a rotation or two. By the higher levels, it might as well be a Nullifier bubble for what it does to them.

This isn't a joke, right? Like, you're actually being serious?

Just now, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

This isn't a joke, right? Like, you're actually being serious?

Depends on how you're asking. Not sure if you're being sarcastic that I'm being critical or genuinely asking if it's that bad.

Wishing they didn't fix the bypass? Not really, for defending anything big enough that it'd also be hit by the lasers that wouldn't help much.

My description of the effectiveness? Well, 'four quadrillion times the damage' is obviously hyperbole, but I have seen a single Battalyst breaking a Vitrify panel in one of these assaults even at level 25, and by the later levels, even having Vitrify leech tens of thousands of extra health by passing over units doesn't slow down the destruction afterwards much.

From what I've seen since, in terms of the Scarlet Spear experience, making the Battalyst laser-spin obey the blockage actually turned out to be more like a nerf; because the oplinks are too small to be hit much, and I can move away, having them shoot through was less dangerous than them breaking the obstacles and letting everything else in as well.

• Like 1