The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients, Limbo and Rift Plane

Urjuhh

Question

Can someone explain me, why in later "rounds" in Scarlet Spear the Sentients start ignore Rift ? Got Cataclysm running, Stasis applied... and the damn battaconcuwhatsitsface can just move/enter/exit/shoot/hit and kill, like no abilities are running...

Cant imagine this is a bug, because its way too consistent... But then again, i dont find any info on the buggers adapting to abilities, just damage.

So, is this a bug, an undocumented feature or just plain chapter from the history of "Fun Universiy" ? 

8 answers to this question

it was a change as many people were using limbo to "trivialize" the ground event. DE decided to add a NERF to limbo (yes it is a nerf) so that sentients adapt to the void rift and make it immune in later waves (i think that part is a bug tbh), as i thought that it was meant to at least make it so that stasis only lasted a couple seconds at later waves. I want to say it was about 3 weeks ago give or take a week.

Edited by Kalvorax

It’s just like what sentients do with damage; they slowly build up a resistance to stasis. If left alive they’ll start to sporadically move while inside it, more and more until completely ignoring it. It takes a bit for this to happen though, so it shouldn’t be an issue at all as long as you’re actually playing, they should just be dying before they have time to adapt to it fully.

Well, since i play solo, theres nothing trivial about using Limbo. Adapting to abilities was/is not mentioned in wiki - but as was said, its a recent addition... 

Devs really hate solo players, yes ? 

• Like 1

The reply from Kalvorax is not quite correct.

The Limbo change is as follows:

Limbo’s Stasis duration now has diminishing returns on Sentients and Amalgams when the power is used repeatedly. This choice was made for 2 main reasons:

• 1) Limbo’s Stasis usage makes the gameplay of the Scarlet Spear far too trivial.
  • 2) Sentients by design have Adaptation - and the diminishing returns on recasting adheres to the adaptive nature of the enemy. 
  • This is not intended to change the way Stasis interacts with other enemy factions.

Effectively what this means is that provided you upload or download the kill codes using 4 oplinks you will not notice any meaningful difference. If for example, you are doing space murex and have "waiting on kill codes", the limbo player will be recasting stasis several times. This will require limbo players to not cast and go afk but actually kill some enemies.

To put this in context, the sentient lasers in scarlet spear missions already go through a frost bubble. Even though Snow Globe is defined as:

"Frost deep freezes any vapor and moisture in the area, creating a protective sphere with brief invulnerability to boost its strength".

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Urjuhh said:

Well, since i play solo, theres nothing trivial about using Limbo. Adapting to abilities was/is not mentioned in wiki - but as was said, its a recent addition... 

Devs really hate solo players, yes ? 

Actually, they gained resistance to abilities for a long time. Even to Limbo's, if you used Banish they'd be so for less and less time each times. Stasis was, for unknown reasons, immune to this. Now it isn't.

Aaaaah yes... The "Fun Killer" Faction... 

Is there a way to just simply "Isolate" Limbo and the things he needs to Baby Sit so that he doesn't have to use Stasis on Sentients ?  

What was nerfed Exactly ? because if its just Stasis then you can banish The Enemies but not yourself and the Defense Objective, and then you don't need stasis, just Rift Surge to ensure enemies NEVER leave the rift. If, however, The Rift plane as a whole got nerfed then well, you're screwed. nothing you can do about that, well I mean there probably is but Sentients are considered "Fun Killers" for a reason.... 

14 hours ago, Urjuhh said:

Can someone explain me, why in later "rounds" in Scarlet Spear the Sentients start ignore Rift ? Got Cataclysm running, Stasis applied... and the damn battaconcuwhatsitsface can just move/enter/exit/shoot/hit and kill, like no abilities are running...

Cant imagine this is a bug, because its way too consistent... But then again, i dont find any info on the buggers adapting to abilities, just damage.

So, is this a bug, an undocumented feature or just plain chapter from the history of "Fun Universiy" ? 

DE changed how limbos rift+statis affects them, they become adapted to the rift statis combo.
this change was made as many players were just having the limbo go in an being the only thing protecting the oplinks in the murrexs,
making the mission just sit around an do nothing