Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught Demands Cheesing

As the title says, it is basically impossible to reach let alone beat round 8 (where reward C is first awarded) without a super spammy Saryn build alongside other team members having ludicrous nuking builds each like Nova and Volt 4. The timer needs to be made vastly more forgiving and/or enemy spawn counts need to be increased to much higher levels as I often find myself without any enemies to kill as the Efficiency rapidly counts down. 

This game mode shouldn't require a blind cheese to beat at the most basic level, let alone to even go TWO rotations of AABC which I can't even envision. It isn't some sort of raid boss. If it is it shouldn't have such crappy drop tables with common radiant relics in it. Remove all common relics and leave only rares if there MUST be relics but a reward system like Arbitrations at the end of each would be much preferred. 

• Like 3

This game mode is a joke.. that spell "spam" limitation... but i can't agree with you.. i havn't tried with all the warframe, but i did easily the 8rounds with "gara, gauss, volt (not a 4th build :D), valkyr, mirage, wisp, wukong, nova" and i maybe forgot others.. i've stopped doing eso few months ago..

But i would like a rework on ESO for sure !

It's literally the kills-per-second game mode, so I don't think it's unreasonable that cheese would be important to reach high levels. That said, I've soloed to zone 8 as a melee-only Valkyr on several occasions, so I don't think that's a critical problem.

My main complaint in ESO is dead time. For a game mode built around constant enemy engagement, it can be pretty irritating to have to spend time standing around in an empty map for a few seconds because your build clears too efficiently. Other than that, I actually quite like ESO, since I'm the kind of player who likes going ham 24/7 and gets irritated with how low enemy spawn rates are in survival, which would otherwise be my favorite game mode.

• Like 2

There are so many combinations in game that would be utterly impossible to reach zone 8 with. This game mode is not designed around the game, but rather an arbitrary watermark for the more/most lethal combinations. Same with Survival, too many combinations are far too sluggish to do what the game expects to be standard.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

They just need to cut the drain in half. My Chroma with Catchmoon only manages reaches Zone 6.

drain decay shouldnt start till after full rotation on top of cutting the drain in half. a new spawning mechanic is needed. more of the larger rooms need to be removed. i would not mind them adding different mutators per rotation.

Edit: this mode needs to be more inclusive about frame choice. would also reduce rotations to per zone instead of per 2 zones.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

On 2020-04-30 at 7:44 AM, freeformline said:

It's literally the kills-per-second game mode, so I don't think it's unreasonable that cheese would be important to reach high levels. That said, I've soloed to zone 8 as a melee-only Valkyr on several occasions, so I don't think that's a critical problem.

I'm gonna need you to link a full play through of that 8 zone melee only Valkyr uncut for me to believe you. 

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Catch Lightning said:

I'm gonna need you to link a full play through of that 8 zone melee only Valkyr uncut for me to believe you. 

Then you're not going to believe me, I guess. I'll admit that it happened in a couple of weeks with unusually favorable tile rotations, but I still think you're overestimating the difficulty of getting to zone 8.

If it helps you at all, I was using Valkyr Prime with a high-strength Warcry build, Galatine Prime built with Blood Rush and Primed Reach, and Naramon focus so I didn't need Drifting Contact/Body Count to keep my combo up. I don't remember if I had any good arcanes at that point, but if I was doing it now, I'd be using Arcane Guardian and Arcane Fury. The first two or three waves had other people, but they dropped out like cowards and I just kept going ham like I always do until efficiency ran out around Zone 8 or 9.