Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

weapon dropping mechanics don't feel right?

_Anise_

Its a game, I can't irl feel my weapon and when it is pulled from me, so when an enemy does knock the weapon from my hand I either have one of 2 things happen ...

1/ I moved 400 meters and realize my gun is on the floor somewhere at the other end of the map! (there is nothing to distinguish if this is your gun or a friends or the hostage, to me it just looks like a blue marker) or ...

2/I click nothing happens, "I must be reloading" i click again and still nothing, then the confused realization that I have been standing around for 5 or 6 seconds and my gun is on the floor and I die because I am not killing stuff.

Realizing I am disarmed in middle of explosions that are making my screen shake and flooding with particles frantically run around spamming X (pick up gun) which is now also performing mercy kills on things around me before I finally find and collecting my gun.

In something like an open world survival game that is striving for some realism then sure this mechanic would be right at home but in a fast paced game like warframe this mechanic feels super slow and bad to me.

Anyone else have thoughts on this mechanic?

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Anyone else have thoughts on this mechanic?

*fall from the hand of the usable frame and automatically switch to secondary, as if the ammunition had ended

*the waypoint appears only when the player presses the weapon switch button and does not show this waypoint to other players

Edited by Famecans

43 minutes ago, Famecans said:

*fall from the hand of the usable frame and automatically switch to secondary, as if the ammunition had ended

I sometimes run without a secondary weapon for leveling in that case *click* *click* what's happening ?

43 minutes ago, Famecans said:

*the waypoint appears only when the player presses the weapon switch button and does not show this waypoint to other players

my mistake I guess .. so if I don't have a secondary weapon can this indicator still be displayed? I swear I have seen this icon appear while still having my primary so I guess possible my secondary was accidentally dropped? anyway it reinforces my point in #1 you can run and jump and glide and be half way across the map before pressing to realize your primary weapon is missing.

either way my points stand, this mechanic seems confusing and is too slow a mechanic for warframes fast pace.

Edited by _Anise_

21 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I sometimes run without a secondary weapon for leveling in that case *click* *click* what's happening ?

deceived you, this is the object of the Drahk Master, so it is only fair to be surprised by the challenging situation of running in search of your weapon

27 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

my mistake I guess .. so if I don't have a secondary weapon can this indicator still be displayed? I swear I have seen this icon appear while still having my primary so I guess possible my secondary was accidentally dropped? anyway it reinforces my point in #1 you can run and jump and glide and be half way across the map before pressing to realize your primary weapon is missing.

either way my points stand, this mechanic seems confusing and is too slow a mechanic for warframes fast pace.

he drops the two weapons, if you notice that you only have the melee in your hands it is because something is wrong and you need to look for your weapon, then just press the switch button to show the indicator (we are talking about the suggestion)

currently this enemy steals the primary and secondary and the waypoint appears for the squad to warn you

sorry I got confused, I thought you were saying it was currently this way? I was just on a mission and I saw my squad member drop his weapon, it was marked on my screen with a blue marker, I could hear he was using the arcaplasmor before and could clearly see its model on the floor next to the marker 😃

he left his weapon where it landed ran to the exit no cares were given, but in a squad of 4 there's like no way I know who dropped what gun even if it was my own! #confused

honestly I think the whole disarm mechanic should be replaced by something not quite as jarring maybe gun jam mechanic or maybe they could add yet another grind for a "weapon chain" similar to popular mmo's do to "opt out" of this mechanic

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

The disarm is a nice touch. I'd like it to stay in the game.
For the people who don't notice their gun is gone, I guess a flashing debuff icon on the right side of the screen would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...