The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why red crits?

bim1337

Question

10 answers to this question

There is currently a bug that gives projectile weapons 100% extra crit chance, so your Bramma is actually working as if it had a crit chance of 122.5%. Then I assume you're using Vigilante mods somewhere, so some of those orange crits are becoming red crits.

• Like 1

Are you using any Vigilante Set mods on your Bramma or Sentinel weapon ? If so, your orange crits have X% ( based on number of set mods equipped on your equipment ) chance to become red crit.

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shal said:

There is currently a bug that gives projectile weapons 100% extra crit chance, so your Bramma is actually working as if it had a crit chance of 122.5%. Then I assume you're using Vigilante mods somewhere, so some of those orange crits are becoming red crits.

Yes, I am using vigilante mods, so orange crits are expected. But not red.

Where did you hear about this bug? Has it been reported?

Edited by bim1337

Vigilante Set Explains the Orange Crits but The Red Crits are a Mystery :O !!

3 hours ago, Shal said:

Nice !!

4 hours ago, bim1337 said:

Where did you hear about this bug? Has it been reported?

Yes, I figured it out through my own testing and have reported it. It's easy to check if you want to, just use an unmodded Dread. Despite having 50% crit chance, it'll crit 100% of the time due to the invisible bonus.

Also Arcane Avenger 45% crit chance also Kavat with Cat's Eye 60% crit chance, with the vigilante set 30%, totaling 135% crit chance onto of the Bramma 35% x Point Strike 150% crit chance.

(35 x 2.5) + 45 + 60 + 30 = 222.5% crit chance with all the crit chances active.

Also Argon Scope works also but doesn't show on your weapon stats screen. It only triggers when it hit the enemies in the head.

Also the damage could be due to the Viral stacks or Corrosive stacks on the enemies. 10 stacks each will be applying max damage as long as you don't use an ability to rid of the remaining armor on enemies.

Edited by kwlingo

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Also Arcane Avenger 45% crit chance also Kavat with Cat's Eye 60% crit chance, with the vigilante set 30%, totaling 135% crit chance onto of the Bramma 35% x Point Strike 150% crit chance.

(35 x 2.5) + 45 + 60 + 30 = 222.5% crit chance with all the crit chances active.

Also Argon Scope works also but doesn't show on your weapon stats screen. It only triggers when it hit the enemies in the head.

Also the damage could be due to the Viral stacks or Corrosive stacks on the enemies. 10 stacks each will be applying max damage as long as you don't use an ability to rid of the remaining armor on enemies.

You can clearly see in the screenshot that OP has no buffs. No Cat's Eye, no Arcane Avenger, no Argon Scope.

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

This explains it, stealth damage ahahah you got us good!

No, it's not stealth damage. You cannot get stealth damage in the Simulacrum anymore under normal conditions, and I tested it on far more weapons than just the Dread. Any projectile-based primary or secondary is critting as if it had a +100% crit chance bonus. That means an unmodded Catchmoon with 35% crit chance is critting 70% of the time, Acrid is critting 10% of the time, Cyanex 16%, etc. The bug does not affect hitscan weapons, they're behaving normally.

I simply offered Dread as the easiest way to see for yourself. It's easy to see 100% crit chance, instead of firing several hundred shots and recording the number of crits so you can figure out what the real crit chance is, like I did.

And before you say it was something else, no, all tests were on an unmodded frame with unmodded weapons, no companion, and no buffs of any sort. It's a bug that was introduced in the latest patch.

Edited by Shal

Shal was right. It was a bug:  

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes:

• Fixed a major issue with Projectiles having more Critical Chance than intended. This issue was introduced with the Warframe Mainline that launched Friday.