Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

for better matchmakinng, make it 1 hard mode

-Bv-Psykiik

my concern is about newbies with MK1 weapons who just want to clear nods and unlock planets, when they go public there are a high chance a high MR player will join and help them to clear the mission in no time, but adding not one but two types of mod of the same mission will spread the player base across star chart and mess the matchmaking because now every one will go to hard mod and ultra hard mod, as MR28 why would i go to normal earth defense or mars spy when i can go hard or ultra hard for better rewards, 

few days i wanted to gift a MR 4 few lith relics because he have none and i couldn't give him much because he only have 12k credit , when i asked him how he farm credit he said he just spam earth and Venus missions, but it takes time because he don't have the gear and the skill to bullet jump and speed run the mission thus he relay on public squad to make it faster, now add 2 types of mission to that nod and the poor guy will have a hard time to get any squad 

imo make it 1 hard is enough, base lvl +100 or 150, no one will go to base lvl +50 because we already have sorti mission 1 and 2 at that lvl 

On 2020-05-09 at 8:53 AM, -Bv-Psykiik said:

my concern is about newbies with MK1 weapons who just want to clear nods and unlock planets, when they go public there are a high chance a high MR player will join and help them to clear the mission in no time, but adding not one but two types of mod of the same mission will spread the player base across star chart and mess the matchmaking because now every one will go to hard mod and ultra hard mod, as MR28 why would i go to normal earth defense or mars spy when i can go hard or ultra hard for better rewards, 

few days i wanted to gift a MR 4 few lith relics because he have none and i couldn't give him much because he only have 12k credit , when i asked him how he farm credit he said he just spam earth and Venus missions, but it takes time because he don't have the gear and the skill to bullet jump and speed run the mission thus he relay on public squad to make it faster, now add 2 types of mission to that nod and the poor guy will have a hard time to get any squad 

imo make it 1 hard is enough, base lvl +100 or 150, no one will go to base lvl +50 because we already have sorti mission 1 and 2 at that lvl 

newbies will be directed to a new chat channel coming soon.

when it is released, feel free to ask if anyone would like help farming.

as for a hard mode, the solution is never just increase enemies level.

i explain further here
click here

Edited by 5p33dy_01

I disagree, quite strongly, I'm afraid. For one thing, there's only one Sortie per day. If I'm not in the mood for those particular missions, what should I do? And if they do happen to tickle my fancy, I still won't be playing them over and over all day. So what then?

Fight level 30-something enemies? Those enemies get one-shotted by my Hind. Not my Kuva Hind, my actual Hind -- the weakest rifle in the game. You don't even need to use Warframe abilities, just run around shooting things. And level 30-something missions are to me an essentially threat-free environment, even in the squishiest 'frames. It's too trivial to be enjoyable.

But taking those squishy 'frames straight into Sortie 3 or a Kuva Flood? I got bugsplatted so fast it wasn't even funny. There was no scope to learn or improve from that experience.

So for me, Lich Territory was the best thing that happened in Warframe in a long time; having a nice variety of missions at those in-between levels allowed me to both develop my skills using squishy 'frames against manageably-dangerous enemies, and also to use a lot of weapons I enjoy but which aren't powerful enough for level 100 -- at least not in missions like Mobile Defence where TtK is important. Only downside was, it's Grineer, Grineer, Grineer...

For me, base level +50 is where a lot of the fun is going to be at. If the only options were base level or base level +100, that would render a huge chunk of my Arsenal useless. 'Cos I like my Paracyst, but killing level 100 heavies with it is kind of a chore. Quite a few weapons drop off ~level 70, no good unless you're in a mood to get really sweaty.

my concern is about newbies with MK1 weapons who just want to clear nodes and unlock planets, when they go public there are a high chance a high MR player will join and help them to clear the mission in no time

I don't forsee a problem on that score; for one thing, having a more geared-up player jump in and annihilate all the enemies in an eyeblink can be as much a turn-off for newer players as a help. Some might be happy that they progressed without having to do much, but others would've liked a bit more actual combat in their shooter game.

he don't have the gear and the skill to bullet jump and speed run the mission thus he relay on public squad to make it faster, now add 2 types of mission to that node and the poor guy will have a hard time to get any squad 

I'm slightly dubious of the notion that players who have completed the entire Star Chart (a prerequisite for accessing "Hard Mode") are regularly pubbing base-level missions on Earth and Venus anyway... unless they have been asked to help by some low-level player in the squad.

But if instead he gets a squad of players close to his own level of progression, I don't view that as problematic; I worked my way up the Star Chart in solo, first with my mk-1 Braton, then my Strun, then my Kohm... When the enemies started to get a bit chewy, I put another rank on my mods. I rarely failed a mission for lack of firepower.

I think the poor helpless noobs actually manage just fine without more progressed players roflstomping everything for them.

Also, your suggestion just means that players who feel they have outgrown the base-level Star Chart will have only one place to go, instead of two. They still wouldn't be playing the base-level missions.

On 2020-05-11 at 9:26 AM, 5p33dy_01 said:

as for a hard mode, the solution is never just increase enemies level.

I agree that "Hard Mode" is rather a misnomer, but... a higher-level Star Chart isn't the dev's answer to "how do we increase difficulty"; it's happening because players specifically requested Star Chart missions to be available at higher levels. And i'm glad that we're finally getting it. 😃