The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive: Pursuit Mode and Gunner Mode Suggestion

LilacCross

This idea was inspired by the Batman Arkham Knight Batmobile's Pursuit Mode and Tank Mode. Allow Archwing Gun to be equipped when you are on your K-Drive. While on the K-Drive, pressing the Item Wheel button summons your Archwing Gun. Tricks/Meneuvers that use the ADS and Shoot button are disabled so that you can use those button to Shoot and ADS. Summoning the Archwing Gun while on a K-Drive will switch us to "Gunner mode". Gunner Mode will fill in the niche that K-Drive needs inorder to compete with SkyWing in open world and could open up a lot of ideas for content.

Example: The 3rd Orb Mother fight. The battle could take place on, Land, Air, and Water. Tenno on the land could fight mobs and disable shield gen. Those on K-Drive Gunner Mode can surf the water and aim for weakpoints/other objectives. SkyWing players can fly around hitting different area of the Orb Mother and dropping mines to disable/hinder it.

• Like 4

Honestly, I think it's time DE gave up on the silly "Tony Hawk's Pro Warframe" aspect of K-Drives. I'm with the OP - let us shoot our guns from them, maybe even our Archguns. Let us drive them on ground missions. Don't throw us off the board on impact. K-Drives are never going to compete with Archwings in open-world maps, but they could still be useful and they can still compete with Archwings on maps where Archwings can't be used. Using my K-Drive on those large open-air tiles on Venus or even to zoom around Jupiter would be nice.

Oh, and finally - either get rid of K-Drive progression (build them at Rank 30) or at the very least let us gain XP for them by simply riding them - no tricks required.

Because I know there are still people who like the idea of snowboard tricks, though, maybe leave the old system in and add it as a toggle option per K-Drive in the Arsenal. Either that, or give them a "Stance" slot which removes the tricks, adds weapon use and adds some capacity. That way, people who want Trick K-Drives can just not equip a stance. Or hell - go all out and create "Combat" stance and "Trick" stances for them.

I like the idea, just a button that toggles between tactical and fun.  We don't need stances or anything complicated, just a toggle.  

Fun is exactly what we have.

Tactical allows weapons and disables tricks.  

Melee on hoverboard could have advantages over archwing.