Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Burst Damage Weapons

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I think high burst damage weapons such as snipers and the opticor shouldn’t have to much ammo on spawn, maybe like 2-3 shots & then require players to pick up a new ammo resource that is timed, to replenish high burst damage weapons. Idk completely about this idea, just let me know what you think. This idea is based off how some weapons in destiny like shotguns/snipers don’t give you to much ammo on spawn. Like I said I’m not completely sold but I think it would reign in the meta weapons, but without taking away their potency. Also you might as well buff shotguns in conclave and make them part of these high burst damage weapons category

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I think high burst damage weapons such as snipers and the opticor shouldn’t have to much ammo on spawn, maybe like 2-3 shots & then require players to pick up a new ammo resource that is timed, to replenish high burst damage weapons. Idk completely about this idea, just let me know what you think.

No personal offence, but I think it's really bad. 

• We have no PvP
  • The power fantasy and pace is much faster
  • When I watched Destiny 1 raids all they did was spam their equivalent of ammo pads when they ran out, and it's what we'd end up doing too.
  • And largely burst damage weapons are for bossing. A vast majority of the community uses something like the Ignis Wraith over the Rubico while mobbing.
  • Even with weapons like the Lenz or Kuva Seer where that is a balancing factor, all you have to do is slap an ammo mutation in the exilus slot, problem solved. But to the extent of 2-3 rounds is quite frankly bullS#&$.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

• We have no PvP
  • The power fantasy and pace is much faster
  • When I watched Destiny 1 raids all they did was spam their equivalent of ammo pads when they ran out, and it's what we'd end up doing too.
  • And largely burst damage weapons are for bossing. A vast majority of the community uses something like the Ignis Wraith over the Rubico while mobbing.
  • Even with weapons like the Lenz or Kuva Seer where that is a balancing factor, all you have to do is slap an ammo mutation in the exilus slot, problem solved. But to the extent of 2-3 rounds is quite frankly bullS#&$.

Oh I’m talking about conclave man .

High burst damage is usually balanced out by lower sustained fire time, meaning that a higher percentage of shots hit are required to kill. There are other factors, which create variance between different categories, but you can see a general consistency with similar weapons.For example, of all primary spool-up weapons, Gorgon has the highest burst DPS, but also the lowest sustained fire time, while Supra Vandal has the highest sustained fire time, with the lowest burst DPS.

I personally think it's a great method of balancing. There isn't an option that's clearly better than the other.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I think high burst damage weapons such as snipers and the opticor shouldn’t have to much ammo on spawn, maybe like 2-3 shots

Snipers already have a cap of 20 to 24 ammo which i think is good enough; the real issue with snipers is, imo, their high damage output on top of their quick fire rate, so i would be fine with a damage reduction to them and the addition of a mod that increases their damage back to the current levels but in exchange reduces their fire rate and slows down their reloads (basically make your shots count or be punished by downtimes).

Shotguns are usually more balanced with pellets spreading and damage falloff, but several hotfixes ago a bug was introduced and somehow the damage of  some weapons became their PvE damage after falloff, which is still much higher than PvP damage (and yes, the most affected weapons are shotguns and snipers). Since the bug hasn't been fixed on PC, i guess it's safe to assume it made its way to the console build.

3 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

• We have no PvP

Dude, you're literally posting this in the PvP subforum, so i'd advice to check where a post is located before overreacting. Btw, there is no access to ammo mutation mods in pvp.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I think high burst damage weapons such as snipers and the opticor shouldn’t have to much ammo on spawn, maybe like 2-3 shots & then require players to pick up a new ammo resource that is timed, to replenish high burst damage weapons. Idk completely about this idea, just let me know what you think. This idea is based off how some weapons in destiny like shotguns/snipers don’t give you to much ammo on spawn. Like I said I’m not completely sold but I think it would reign in the meta weapons, but without taking away their potency. Also you might as well buff shotguns in conclave and make them part of these high burst damage weapons category

just to note that this thread is a couple months out of date and maybe you should pop into conclave on the current update to see the current issues and meta.

i dont see how the opticor and snipetron are even on the same level in your eyes. the snipetron has a way faster firerate and as of this update isnt even the most used sniper. that title goes to the rubico

second thing is that the zenith is a weapon that falls into that category as well since people jsut use the alt fire.

but the biggest thing that actually made me want to reply is this

PS_Messages_20200518_002825.jpg?width=1204&height=677

this buffed enough for you mate? 800 total damage. that good enough?

5 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Oh I’m talking about conclave man

Whoops, I just looked at the title. Rarely do I look at the section. And reading the post didn't really make it clear this was about conclave.

Edited by KitMeHarder

On 2020-05-17 at 7:29 PM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

just to note that this thread is a couple months out of date

but the biggest thing that actually made me want to reply is this

PS_Messages_20200518_002825.jpg?width=1204&height=677

this buffed enough for you mate? 800 total damage. that good enough?

Yeah I assumed they didn’t change the meta, haven’t played in awhile . & uhh wow , is it the most popular gun right now ?