Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Squad Members Getting Kicked When Starting a Railjack Mission

Yamana

When I'm starting a railjack from either the dry dock or the orbiter, there's a high probability (95% of the time) that at least one or all of my squad members go through a host migration and go back to dry dock, go to their own instance, or are stuck in loading screen. It doesn't matter which node I'm running, it still happens, but I was primarily running Veil Proxima missions. If we were relaunching a mission at the end of another mission, we would have no issues, but launching from dry dock or orbiter had this issue. I have a very stable internet connection and historically have not had many issues with this kind of host migration.

The problems began on Thursday after the hotfix. 

I've had the same bug, after 4 of 4 missions, I'm still unable to enter a railjack mission as a client. The ship will warp off, my screen will freeze momentarily, and I'll be booted into my own session. This is with my clanmate across the hall with zero ping.

This is happening to us to. Started with the affinity weekend, thought we'd take advantage of it and run Railjack missions for intrinsics.

100% of the time, when we start a mission, everyone is disconnected into their own missions.

We've tried starting from the dojo, we've tried starting from the orbiter. As soon as the mission loads, host migration occurs.

since DE already got their basics wrong, i think that, the failures are rippling down into actual matchmaking, and that this is DEs fault.

for me, railjack works just fine, but ...
i am fortunate enough to own an enterprise grade router and have the knowledge to pretend to confirm to DEs broken idea of NAT.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/13981-strict-nat/?do=findComment&comment=11578925
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/13982-firewall-problems/?do=findComment&comment=11578773

out of academic curiosity: does that happen to you guys only in railjack? or also on normal missions?
i would like to know if DE uses an other matchmaking system for railjack than for normal missions.

7 hours ago, SunBlade_ger said:

out of academic curiosity: does that happen to you guys only in railjack? or also on normal missions?
i would like to know if DE uses an other matchmaking system for railjack than for normal missions.

It happened to be existing in Open-world missions as all of squad got kicked out when we tried to attempt Exploiter Orb fight.

Dosen't seem to happen with 'normal' missions like defense / survival etc

Had this problem today too with the Exploiter Orb and a couple times with Rail Jack, I was helping out as a crew member as I don't have Rail Jack myself. I myself or another would get kicked into a solo instance. One time I was kicked randomly into a solo party who was docking at dry dock, which was weird. 

14 hours ago, SunBlade_ger said:

since DE already got their basics wrong, i think that, the failures are rippling down into actual matchmaking, and that this is DEs fault.

for me, railjack works just fine, but ...
i am fortunate enough to own an enterprise grade router and have the knowledge to pretend to confirm to DEs broken idea of NAT.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/13981-strict-nat/?do=findComment&comment=11578925
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/13982-firewall-problems/?do=findComment&comment=11578773

Happens in Railjack, Exploiter Orb start of stage 2, starting normal missions.

It's getting worse. And I tried everything I could find on the net... starting to think maybe its time to stop warframe till this is fixed.

We fixed it. Sort of.

We have no issues if we have one guy start a mission - go into Free Flight, for example - then inviting everyone else, then launching a mission.

Attempting to launch a mission from drydock/orbiter disconnects everyone 100% of the time, we tried it again today. No dice.

Free flight, invites go out, then mission. This works.