Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua Rescue missions in Sorties

Melee-Frame

Could they consider locking out Lua Rescue missions from sorties? The forced countdown kind of sucks when only one room can be checked at a time for the hostage. I actually lost a fully built forma I got out of a music room this run cause of it and now I'm sad. 😞

I know it sometimes gets rather confusing, but just in case, a tip that may help:

When one person is hacking, another one should stay by the portal. Once the right portal opens we can hear the hostage speaking. Enter it right then, before the destination gets changed.

---

On a matter of opinion, however, I must say I'd like it to stay. And I'd even bring Lua Spy and other such "complex" nodes (Jordas assassination, please) that are never featured in sorties. Sortie is supposed to be somewhat of a challenge, after all, and it's with these little challenges here and there that I often find creative ways to get past obstacles and make myself a better player.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Melee-Frame said:

only one room can be checked at a time for the hostage

No need to enter, if the hostage doesn't speak up, hack the next panel.

You can pretty easily do the mission solo, this will not least make it impossible for someone to "hack away" the correct portal 😛

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

No need to enter, if the hostage doesn't speak up, hack the next panel.

You can pretty easily do the mission solo, this will not least make it impossible for someone to "hack away" the correct portal 😛

Woah! I did not know this. I'll keep that in mind next time. In the 4 or so Lua Rescue runs I've done in total I've must have been unlucky to not notice this, considering I went 4/5 2 of those times haha.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed your post Hikuro. I'll keep both of your advice in mind.

Edited by Melee-Frame
  • Like 2

Il y a 8 heures, (PS4)Hikuro-93 a dit :

I'd even bring Lua Spy and other such "complex" nodes (Jordas assassination, please) that are never featured in sorties. 

Oh god no, Lua Spy is the most convoluted garbage to have been invented for a "Spy" mission, I freakin' hate it. Jupiter Spy is bad enough in pub-games, so I would hate to imagine what Lua Spy would be like. 

Jordas Assassination though? Literally anyone with a level 30 archgun and corrosive build can solo that in 3 minutes or less, making it almost as useless as when you have The Sergeant as a Sortie Boss.

Edited by Els236

3 hours ago, Els236 said:

Oh god no, Lua Spy is the most convoluted garbage to have been invented for a "Spy" mission, I freakin' hate it. Jupiter Spy is bad enough in pub-games, so I would hate to imagine what Lua Spy would be like. 

agreed.

3 hours ago, Els236 said:

Jordas Assassination though? Literally anyone with a level 30 archgun and corrosive build can solo that in 3 minutes or less, making it almost as useless as when you have The Sergeant as a Sortie Boss.

you forgot that sorties adds levels and modifier's?

Il y a 1 heure, 5p33dy_01 a dit :

you forgot that sorties adds levels and modifier's?

That is true, HOWEVER, the J3 Golem is only slightly more difficult than The Sergeant in standard-play, once you have your archgun levelled and in a Sortie a couple of weeks back, The Sergeant was the end boss, was level 120 and I think it was an "Enemy Enhanced Elemental Damage" modifier. This did not stop someone from 2-hitting him with a sniper built for Magnetic+Viral.

Therefore, I would probably guess that the J3 Golem would not be much more difficult, except the fact he'd likely take 3x longer to kill due to armour-scaling. I mean, the J3 Golem as-is barely does anything at all in the fight, except just fly around, so you'd just be flying around wailing on him till he died.

Not to mention that the J3 Golem has been severely broken for anyone trying to run it in a squad for a while now, causing CTDs for clients and a "Mission Failed" for the host, meaning you'd have to solo it.

If that bug isn't fixed, what a fun Sortie boss it will be! Flying around shooting him for 20 minutes until he dies.

Edited by Els236
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

That is true, HOWEVER, the J3 Golem is only slightly more difficult than The Sergeant in standard-play, once you have your archgun levelled and in a Sortie a couple of weeks back, The Sergeant was the end boss, was level 120 and I think it was an "Enemy Enhanced Elemental Damage" modifier. This did not stop someone from 2-hitting him with a sniper built for Magnetic+Viral.

Therefore, I would probably guess that the J3 Golem would not be much more difficult, except the fact he'd likely take 3x longer to kill due to armour-scaling. I mean, the J3 Golem as-is barely does anything at all in the fight, except just fly around, so you'd just be flying around wailing on him till he died.

Not to mention that the J3 Golem has been severely broken for anyone trying to run it in a squad for a while now, causing CTDs for clients and a "Mission Failed" for the host, meaning you'd have to solo it.

If that bug isn't fixed, what a fun Sortie boss it will be! Flying around shooting him for 20 minutes until he dies.

people can 1 shot eidolon and profit-taker limbs (only prevention of maybe 1 shotting the whole thing, is gating), or last hours in arbitration... that is the "end game" content we have.

yes the content is severely easy compared to the weapons we have.

imo, this game design is for people to enjoy playing for a month or two and then grind for the rest of their life. because after that time, you are so strong that you can do pretty much anything.

there is not much difference between playing a mode for 20min where you 1 shot everything or spending 20min killing 1 boss, other than the quantity or type of rewards.
i can promise you that if they put more drops on bosses but made them harder to kill, people would enjoy them more (as long as you're not stupid with RNG).
if the reward is worth the 20min, people will spend the 20min...

but this is going off topic....
---------------------------------------------------------------
as for the topic, i think it only needs an increase in the timer, maybe make it 2min...
in solo i didnt have enough time to hack every console and go into the portal, i didnt stop to kill anything, i just hacked and went in and straight out.
i had like 6sec left to hack the last console, which ended up being not enough time.

yes i know people saying you can hack the console and if you dont hear anything then go to the next, but that shouldnt be a thing, you should be required to go in (i know people wont like this change).

Il y a 6 heures, Melee-Frame a dit :

The air support charge adds time to the Rescue timer? That's interesting.

The Liset Air Support Charge hacks all the consoles, therefore saving you the time it would take to hack said consoles.

• Like 1