Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Corpus units Hildryn's Overshields-like

Chewarette

I think that's the best way to increase Corpus' resistance, giving some point to Magnetic status and Shield-damage (Impact/Cold...), without screwing the whole game balance once again.

Hildryn's overshields prevents direct damage to her health, and I think it prevents Statuses as a whole (if someone can confirm, I didn't use her much since the tons of Shield Gating reworks and such).

I think that would be great to change all Corpus' Shields Types to this :

- Cannot deal health damage until Shields are completely depleted

- Cannot apply any Status until Shields are completely depleted, with the exception of Magnetic Status, which would for example reduce max shields by 20%, stackable 5 times. 5 stacks of Magnetic would prevent Corpus to regenerate any shields for the duration along with reducing their current shield level to 0.

This would make Corpus more resilient to a lot of damage sources without breaking them completely, imo. You could still Miasma the #*!% out of them, but only the Miasma's base damage will be done on Shields, without applying the Viral status until all Shields are depleted.

Additionally, I think that Shields, as well as Robotic units' health should suffer greatly reduced damage from several elements. Moas taking more than 0 damage from Toxin always felt weird to me. Maybe they should be applied the same type of thing as Railjack's damage types ? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Railjack/Armaments

My only fear is that something like that may break several Warframes which won't be able to apply their status reliably, for example Oberon (Rad through carpet) or Garuda (4's Slash).

What would you think ?

22 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Where will the overshields be coming from?

I used "Overshields" to highlight how they would work. But they will be considered normal Shields all Corpus units already have. Just working differently than the regular shields which are just... another health bar with some damage reduction. Call them Protoshields, Corposhields, Resistoshields, Nefanyoshield or whatever. 😛

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

- Cannot deal health damage until Shields are completely depleted

That's already the case (with the exception of Toxin damage, which is the only thing that makes Toxin useful).

Like, that's the entire point of Shields in the first place. I'm confused.

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

- Cannot apply any Status until Shields are completely depleted, with the exception of Magnetic Status

Don't let us stun Corpus with Electricity / Heat, have some friendly fire funzies with Radiation, slow them down with Cold, etc, nah, remove all that.

How is that an improvement.