The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Inability To Valence Fuse Reactors and Shield Arrays

With the advent of fusion for Railjack parts, I've been doing a lot of farming in the Veil. I've successfully maxed out my Vidar Mk3 engines and have moved on to shield arrays and my Vidar reactor. I've come to realise that even though I try to valence fuse a better or worse Mk3 reactor or shield array into its corresponding piece, I cannot. I can fuse a Mk1 into it however. An example is when I try to fuse Lavan shield arrays. 

My base shield array:

Lavan Shield Array Mk3

+723 Shield Capacity 

-0.7s Shield Regeneration Delay 

+1.2% Shield Regeneration per second 

Two shield arrays that I cannot fuse into it: 

Lavan Shield Array Mk3 (Better than base)

+990 Shield Capacity 

-0.97s Shield Regeneration Delay 

+1.1% Shield Regeneration per second

Lavan Shield Array Mk3 (Worse than base)

+512 Shield Capacity 

-0.58s Shield Regeneration Delay 

+1.9% Shield Regeneration per second 

What I can fuse into it: 

Lavan Shield Array Mk1 

+258 Shield Capacity 

What it results in:

Lavan Shield Array Mk3 

+737 Shield Capacity 

-0.7s Shield Regeneration Delay 

+1.2% Shield Regeneration 

All it let's me do is change the unique ability when fusing the Mk3 arrays. 

At first, I thought maybe it was that I had capped on some of the stats, but that's not the case as one shield array is 990 shield capacity and -.97s on the delay. Another has a higher rate as well. Then I thought maybe I couldn't fuse lower stats into higher stats, but this too was disproven by the fact that I fused a Vidar engine Mk3 into another Vidar engine Mk3 with better stats (and that fusion resulted in better stats). I have no idea why I can fuse Mk1 into Mk3 but not Mk3 into Mk3. 

Another example is with my Vidar reactors

My base Vidar reactor:

Vidar Reactor Mk3

+99 Avionics Capacity 

+56 Flux Capacity 

The reactor I was able to (and did) fuse into it:

Vidar Reactor Mk1

+36 Avionics Capacity 

The result of that fusion:

Vidar Reactor Mk3

+100 Avionics Capacity 

+56 Flux Capacity 

The reactor I was unable to (and still cannot) fuse into it for stat increase: 

Vidar Reactor Mk3 

+99 Avionics Capacity 

+81 Flux Capacity 

Once again, when fusing the Mk3 into Mk3, no stats are increased as intended. All that occurs is the choice to change the unique passive. Both my theories were proven wrong and now I'm not sure why this is happening beyond it just being a bug. 

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this!!!

Edit: Found a reactor I CAN fuse into my Vidar reactor. 

Vidar Reactor Mk3 

+91 Avionics Capacity 

+52 Flux Capacity 

New theory: ALL stats of the consumed part have to be lower? If this is the case, it needs to be fixed because it's extremely difficult to get 3 stats all lower (especially with the variation that exists on shield arrays). (Invalid as well).

I have no clue. 

Edit #2: After farming several more Lavan Shield arrays, I've found one that can be fused into the base I have. 

Lavan Shield Array Mk3 

+497 Shield Capacity 

-0.72s Shield Regeneration Delay 

+1.5% Shield Regeneration per second. 

The result is:

Lavan Shield Array Mk3 

+795 Shield Capacity 

-0.79s Shield Regeneration Delay 

+1.7% Shield Regeneration per second 

New theory: Perhaps the array being consumed has to have stats that are remotely close to the base's in at least 2 of its 3 categories? 

Edited by (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1
Update

9 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

New theory: ALL stats have to be lower? If this is the case, it needs to be fixed because it's extremely difficult to get 3 stats all lower (especially with the variation that exists on shield arrays).

Not sure why you're having this issue, but I can tell you that theory is wrong cause I was able to fuse shields and reactors before with random stats (meaning some were higher, some were lower) and had no problems. Hopefully someone else can help you

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)Shyuu- said:

Not sure why you're having this issue, but I can tell you that theory is wrong cause I was able to fuse shields and reactors before with random stats (meaning some were higher, some were lower) and had no problems. Hopefully someone else can help you

Thank you. Good to know. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You need to choose the ability you want the item to have, then it continues on to let you choose what to improve. Got stuck on this myself a week or so back.

It's been the opposite for all the others i did, such as the Vidar engines. It was always the stat improvement first then ability choice. I'll give it a try. 

• 3 weeks later...

-You can only fuse same brands. 

-You can only fuse lower MK parts into higher MK parts.   You can not squish a MK3 into a MK1.  

-When fusing you pick which bonus ability you want from the two pieces FIRST.  THEN you see the stats and cost page.

-------------------------------

I could not find a god damn vidar reactor 3 to save my life.  So I started beefing up a MK1 version lol.  Figured I would just squish the MK3 into IT when I got one.  When I eventually got one,  that didnt work lol.  But it wasnt for nothing because my beefed up mk1 gave a big bump to the mk3.  

and now.... I dont even use Vidar reactor =P.  Lavan ❤️