Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, the valkyr augment is almost perfect! Just remove the energy drain :)

Doraz_

1 hour ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

well then its a good thing i run both primed flow and max efficiency isnt it?

so yes, it does work that easily if you build for it.

Best Valkyr build for pushing survival, uses blind rage and no efficiency. You use Warcry once for... as long as you are in the mission. Why would you need energy at all? 

For assassinations, if you plan to use hysteria, just narrow minded and hunter's ammunition. Maybe streamline. Never primed flow, energize and/or fleeting expertise. Complete waste of mod space. Just take a hit or two to refill energy. Problem solved. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

well then its a good thing i run both primed flow and max efficiency isnt it?

so yes, it does work that easily if you build for it.

The problem is that you spend 4 mods (2 energy efficiency, 1 flow, 1 for duration) and 1 Arcane Energy slot to gain only a temporary advantage against level 200 enemies, because your energy will still go to zero. And you need Strength, because without it, it's just a bad conventional weapon. And I think you spend another 3 for Umbra et and another 1 for greater strength, where you get something like 168-200% strength under all conditions. So where do you put this augment? And here, either you give up survivability to make the build stronger, or you give up Hysteria, because in fact it doesn't offer you anything special that you would need. Replace energy efficiency mods with quick thinking and rage, take a melee with healing, and here you have a constantly working Hysteria, which is equal to the tank against the 500 level. I mean, you give up Hysteria to constantly play as in Hysteria. This is a fun fact.

1 hour ago, zhellon said:

The problem is that you spend 4 mods (2 energy efficiency, 1 flow, 1 for duration) and 1 Arcane Energy slot to gain only a temporary advantage against level 200 enemies, because your energy will still go to zero. And you need Strength, because without it, it's just a bad conventional weapon. And I think you spend another 3 for Umbra et and another 1 for greater strength, where you get something like 168-200% strength under all conditions. So where do you put this augment? And here, either you give up survivability to make the build stronger, or you give up Hysteria, because in fact it doesn't offer you anything special that you would need. Replace energy efficiency mods with quick thinking and rage, take a melee with healing, and here you have a constantly working Hysteria, which is equal to the tank against the 500 level. I mean, you give up Hysteria to constantly play as in Hysteria. This is a fun fact.

the thing is, most players dont have a reason to fight enemies up to level 200 unless they are intentionally doing an endurance run.  as such, any build that is designed to scale that high isnt exactly necessary on anything of the lower range.  and the only time a non endurance run will have anyone fighting enemies of that level in a short time frame is endless style arbitration missions.

the amount of time one would have to spend in any form of standards endless mission to get enemies up to that level is impractical for any level of farming.  

8 hours ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

the thing is, most players dont have a reason to fight enemies up to level 200 unless they are intentionally doing an endurance run. as such, any build that is designed to scale that high isnt exactly necessary on anything of the lower range. and the only time a non endurance run will have anyone fighting enemies of that level in a short time frame is endless style arbitration missions.

the amount of time one would have to spend in any form of standards endless mission to get enemies up to that level is impractical for any level of farming.

Then what's the point of using Hysteria? Because Valkyr turns beautifully in the air when you double jump?

8 hours ago, zhellon said:

Then what's the point of using Hysteria? Because Valkyr turns beautifully in the air when you double jump?

The only effective use of hysteria nowadays, is the invulnerability. Everything else can be done by other means much better. Ya, the claws do decent damage and heal you, but the is not why you use the skill at a high level. 

Personally, I do not have issue with hysteria as is. What I have issue with is creating useless augment, like this one. This is second useless augment for this skill, and fourth useless augment for Valkyr overall. This is terrible...

DE if you read this, please, the person who creates augment mods have to play the frame they make the augment for. Conceptually, the augment is good, the execution however renders it useless. Most augments lately (and in general) have been obsolete. This is waste of both developers time and player's engagement with the game. It is a net loss all across. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:
The only effective use of hysteria nowadays, is the invulnerability. Everything else can be done by other means much better. Ya, the claws do decent damage and heal you, but the is not why you use the skill at a high level.

Well, I as a Vazarin player do not understand, because invulnerability is always with me.

15 hours ago, zhellon said:

the same logic could be applied to anyone who builds weapons to handle enemies of lvl 200+ (without the jump comment lol)

there really isnt a reason too build anything to handle those level ranges, so its not a bad thing if someone doesnt do as such.  hysteria isnt a bad power, nor are her talons, its just a lot of the "meta slaves"  (no other real term i can use for ppl like that) think that if its not able to quickly kill lvl 200+ enemies, than its a trash weapon

7 hours ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

the same logic could be applied to anyone who builds weapons to handle enemies of lvl 200+ (without the jump comment lol)

there really isnt a reason too build anything to handle those level ranges, so its not a bad thing if someone doesnt do as such. hysteria isnt a bad power, nor are her talons, its just a lot of the "meta slaves" (no other real term i can use for ppl like that) think that if its not able to quickly kill lvl 200+ enemies, than its a trash weapon

Hysteria can kill level 200 enemies easily. The problem is not in killing, but in energy. This conversation started from this point in time. And I can repeat this again: that if I take a large EHP with quick thinking, equip any claws with the ability to heal, how will this differ from Hysteria? Appearance? Because in fact, any frame with a good HP and armor can play Hysteria style. That's what I find funny. 

12 hours ago, zhellon said:

Hysteria can kill level 200 enemies easily. The problem is not in killing, but in energy. This conversation started from this point in time. And I can repeat this again: that if I take a large EHP with quick thinking, equip any claws with the ability to heal, how will this differ from Hysteria? Appearance? Because in fact, any frame with a good HP and armor can play Hysteria style. That's what I find funny. 

Thankfully the augment no longer causes persistent energy drain to hysteria. Rejoice!

• Like 1