The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

LmyIOzH.jpg?1

deep inside me I hope that one of those anonymous followers is a developer, maybe even Geoff himself. So I hope you see this.

Archwing is a very welcome addition to the game, but I feel thousands of us feel disappointed, well to be exact, at least 820 of us who upvoted this thread at the current time. My patience is slowly degrading. Damage 2.0 and melee 2.0 are the things that kept me playing, new player experience in U14 was extremely important. But no new content can make me as happy as the things I mentioned in my threads being implemented.

I also feel like I am going to soon burst with some massive rage for coptering in a massive thread with some gif/picture nonsense that will hopefuly even make it into hot topics poll. Those countless missions with players coptering the entire mission really drive me insane. I just can't look at the game like that, not when players literally copter more distance than run.

Not to mention those simple animation bugs/flaws which I see every mission and just end up with a deep sigh.

Edited by Aure7

LmyIOzH.jpg?1

deep inside me I hope that one of those anonymous followers is a developer, maybe even Geoff himself. So I hope you see this.

Archwing is a very welcome addition to the game, but I feel thousands of us feel disappointed, well to be exact, at least 820 of us who upvoted this thread at the current time. My patience is slowly degrading. Damage 2.0 and melee 2.0 are the things that kept me playing, new player experience in U14 was extremely important. But no new content can make me as happy as the things I mentioned in my threads being implemented.

I also feel like I am going to soon burst with some massive rage for coptering in a massive thread with some gif/picture nonsense that will hopefuly even make it into hot topics poll. Those countless missions with players coptering the entire mission really drive me insane. I just can't look at the game like that, not when players literally copter more distance than run.

Not to mention those simple animation bugs/flaws which I see every mission and just end up with a deep sigh.

Need a hug?

I'm getting tired of them ignoring this.

melee was addressed pretty quickly but this  is  being shunned 

+ They can't just keep adding tiletest without making them parour friendly, then having to redo them because parkour has been changed....

I'm getting tired of them ignoring this.

melee was addressed pretty quickly but this  is  being shunned 

+ They can't just keep adding tiletest without making them parour friendly, then having to redo them because parkour has been changed....

Do you really believe DE will change the current parkour?

Do you really believe DE will change the current parkour?

I didn't believe they would ever make blocking negate 100% of the damage, or that they would add tons of combos for every weapon grip, or that there will be fighting in space soon with U15. From few words Geoff said about this in PM and in few livestreams, it seems he is definitively not very proud of how players are upset with it.

I didn't believe they would ever make blocking negate 100% of the damage, or that they would add tons of combos for every weapon grip, or that there will be fighting in space soon with U15. From few words Geoff said about this in PM and in few livestreams, it seems he is definitively not very proud of how players are upset with it.

Agreed. One thing I do enjoy is how every couple of livestreams Rebecca "teases" Geoff about Parkour and how he deflects the question or how it kind of gets swept up in the stream. The way that he reacts EVERYTIME since that small "demo" with excalibur doing a pirouette and whatnot leads me to believe that it is a real sore spot that he is AWARE of and is doing something about all super sneaky behind the scenes Archwings style....Flight (Want)....swimming (do not want)....this might very well be the update of mobility. It would be a poor oversight to neglect the parkour aspect DE is smarter than that....plus it was voted on in the hot topics probably to get a feel of to what degree it will be changed. I just hope there are no "it is not changed enough" theads that follow 14.5/15.0. I guess we will see.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

it's definitely important to realize that while so many of us agree that this is a huge glaring issue with Warframe, DE didn't start out with a system like Overgrowth did

thus it will be A LOT more work for DE to make our parkour/mobility smoother and more functional, honestly my heart kinda bleeds for them, becuz every new tileset they make before they rework movement/parkour just makes more work for them in the long run... =/ 

Overgrowth was intentionally designed with an organic mathematic method of requiring far fewer frames to be manually animated, the guy behind it just created algorithms to shorten/lengthen/modify the few existing animations he wanted to make, so with like a couple dozen idles/crouches/walkings he can extrapolate all kinds of fluid motion/movements

DE did NOT design Warframe like this, thusly every single one of our animations is custom scripted, and that's why everything looks so clunky, because each and every frame/enemy/weapon/etc has its own suite of animations that are all designed in a vacuum and don't always make sense in the environment (ie frames using abilities in mid-air all look like they are standing on the ground, because that is the only animation those powers were ever given, and Warframe does not have any kind of organic system to make animations respond naturally to their ingame environment)

parkour 2.0 wasnt really an issue with Warframe until DE decided to bring wallrunning into the game and bite off more than they could chew, the game had a MUCH smaller scope back in closed beta, but DE has been growing the scope of the game for over a year now, but with that increased scope, every glaring flaw is that much more obvious and painful to look at now (these things would be excusable on a game that was just a few missions on a corpus ship, but not with what we have now)

it's definitely important to realize that while so many of us agree that this is a huge glaring issue with Warframe, DE didn't start out with a system like Overgrowth did

thus it will be A LOT more work for DE to make our parkour/mobility smoother and more functional, honestly my heart kinda bleeds for them, becuz every new tileset they make before they rework movement/parkour just makes more work for them in the long run... =/ 

Overgrowth was intentionally designed with an organic mathematic method of requiring far fewer frames to be manually animated, the guy behind it just created algorithms to shorten/lengthen/modify the few existing animations he wanted to make, so with like a couple dozen idles/crouches/walkings he can extrapolate all kinds of fluid motion/movements

DE did NOT design Warframe like this, thusly every single one of our animations is custom scripted, and that's why everything looks so clunky, because each and every frame/enemy/weapon/etc has its own suite of animations that are all designed in a vacuum and don't always make sense in the environment (ie frames using abilities in mid-air all look like they are standing on the ground, because that is the only animation those powers were ever given, and Warframe does not have any kind of organic system to make animations respond naturally to their ingame environment)

parkour 2.0 wasnt really an issue with Warframe until DE decided to bring wallrunning into the game and bite off more than they could chew, the game had a MUCH smaller scope back in closed beta, but DE has been growing the scope of the game for over a year now, but with that increased scope, every glaring flaw is that much more obvious and painful to look at now (these things would be excusable on a game that was just a few missions on a corpus ship, but not with what we have now)

This is a very good point. I wonder if DE will be able to pull off something like Overgrowth's movement though, it would take a lot of work on their part but in the end it would make it that much easier for them as well. They wouldn't need to create as many animations either.

This is a very good point. I wonder if DE will be able to pull off something like Overgrowth's movement though, it would take a lot of work on their part but in the end it would make it that much easier for them as well. They wouldn't need to create as many animations either.

That is a very good point. But how will they incorporate the melee animations if such a system were to be implemented?

Not to mention that our current wall-running sections require the use of a "sticky" wall-run.

Indeed, it would require a lot of effort on their part just to make movement 2.0 work with our current tilesets.

That is a very good point. But how will they incorporate the melee animations if such a system were to be implemented?

Not to mention that our current wall-running sections require the use of a "sticky" wall-run.

Indeed, it would require a lot of effort on their part just to make movement 2.0 work with our current tilesets.

But at the end it would totally worth it.

Have we STILL not gotten a response from a Dev or a CM? Steve, c'mon bro, you're supposed to be the peoples champ here!

These ideas are true, and very prudent to the gameplay, I love them all my friend!

Wait, are they even back from Germany?

Wait, are they even back from Germany?

Should be getting back sometime this week, most likely. Unless the Lotus REALLY wants to let off some steam and party it up in Germany. Then yea, we'll see her in-game Drunkard and babbling nonsense on why Void is stupid, Corpus are cheap, Grineer look ugly, and the infested remind her of the vomit she just had in the ladies bathroom because she had too much Vodka.

Psst, zorencoptering, it lets you parkour everywhere at any time.  I suspect this is why DE finally accepted zorencopter and added it to nearly all weapons.  I'm glad they did.  I find it fun to zoom ahnd zip around, and it's necessary if you're going to melee.  Have to close the distance somehow.  To bad it got a momentum nerf recently.