Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upgrade market purchases

We all know that de has the view of having double of a singular item you have one you can use and one you can’t. Example being say you buy a skin sometime earlier in the game and later find out it has a bundle with bundle only items, you’d have to buy the bundle at full price and have 2 of the same skin.

What if DE could add an upgrade button to the items that have bundles after purchase? You would end up paying the difference between what you have already bought and the remainder left over. Of course for the bigger bundles with multiple skins that you might just want one or two skins now but the rest later and you’ve spent more than the bundle would have cost initially you can get the remainder of the bundle but your still out the extra you already paid for. As for the multipliers those would be left out (which is already a thing, since I’ve ended up buying the last item of a bundle I didn’t have and it went from unowned bundle to the owner category) but this idea could let those that want some of the exclusive items but not willing to pay the full price again get them and de would be getting the same or more from such an option while not penalizing the community for a short sited purchase.

Thoughts?

• Like 7

Taking the Plat question out for the moment. Is the PlayStation version of the UI not showing the following?

BUNdle1.jpg

Or

Bundle2.jpg

Any time we on PC click an item in the ingame market for sale it prompts to image 1 and if it is any bundle it tells you, and you are able to preview it ahead of time. I am genuinly curious as I have never seen the Console setups.

Now as for your Plat proposal I say it is fine as it is currently in the game, if there arises a need to have such adjustments made then they will make that choice, but I don't see it happening since it is part of how their F2P business model is setup. Warframe needs to make money, and players need to read and be informed shoppers. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

PS4 does show that

Ah thank you, I wasn't entirely sure. Now that I think about it, Console gets coupons for market, while PC gets coupons for Plat purchase. Ill have to research any other differences. 

2 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Taking the Plat question out for the moment. Is the PlayStation version of the UI not showing the following?

BUNdle1.jpg

Or

Bundle2.jpg

Any time we on PC click an item in the ingame market for sale it prompts to image 1 and if it is any bundle it tells you, and you are able to preview it ahead of time. I am genuinly curious as I have never seen the Console setups.

Now as for your Plat proposal I say it is fine as it is currently in the game, if there arises a need to have such adjustments made then they will make that choice, but I don't see it happening since it is part of how their F2P business model is setup. Warframe needs to make money, and players need to read and be informed shoppers. 

Look at my man using the best frame with the best skin.

• Like 1

Yes the ui does show that but I’m going from the perspective of newer players or older players that did this when they were new players. 

Ex. 1st two months into Warframe with a limited budget at the time and you look into what you need to do to get say Saryn and think ‘I don’t want to wait that long to play a frame that looks cool with amazing abilities’ and you go to the market, look at Saryn and see the bundle thinking ‘wow I want that’ but not having enough platinum (and not having the time or desire to farm for it) you go with the less expensive at the time option of just Saryn. An upgrade to bundle option would allow players that did such a scenario to get the bundle at the original cost of the bundle minus the price of Saryn in the Saryn Bundle. This would encourage players to spend more platinum without feeling like a rip off for a decision based off personal circumstances, like it is now where if you buy the frame you have to buy the bundle at full price later for the exclusive items.

On 2020-05-29 at 5:19 PM, Magus_Tahir said:

Ah thank you, I wasn't entirely sure. Now that I think about it, Console gets coupons for market, while PC gets coupons for Plat purchase. Ill have to research any other differences. 

The only other main difference is console gets all tennogen for plat instead of real money. hence why we don't generally get the 75% off plat purchases. and the coupons for discounts don't work on tennogen.

• Like 1