Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Force Start in groups..... this is just a big fat nope!

-HG-Lair360

I have a limited amount of patience for somebody who needs to spend minutes on end sorting our their foundry, etc... do that on your own time, not when you're a squad.  If I see somebody actively changing gear, then I'll wait until they're done because they're usually doing it for reasons that benefit the squad.  Otherwise, you have about 5 seconds to vote because I value my own time more than I value yours.

The worst part is these players usually make 0 attempt to tell people in the squad that they need a minute or two... what OP is describing is far from the norm, people almost never say they need time - they just disappear and do whatever they want.  That's specifically WHY people are accustomed to force starting, we already know from experience that most people aren't so courteous - because if they were, people would usually be courteous back and wait it out.  

The communication aspect is what is missing in 99% of cases.  Of course there will always be the one guy that will force start anyway, but most people would wait if only the were asked instead of being expected.

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

I have a limited amount of patience for somebody who needs to spend minutes on end sorting our their foundry, etc... do that on your own time, not when you're a squad.  If I see somebody actively changing gear, then I'll wait until they're done because they're usually doing it for reasons that benefit the squad.  Otherwise, you have about 5 seconds to vote because I value my own time more than I value yours.

The worst part is these players usually make 0 attempt to tell people in the squad that they need a minute or two... what OP is describing is far from the norm, people almost never say they need time - they just disappear and do whatever they want.  That's specifically WHY people are accustomed to force starting, we already know from experience that most people aren't so courteous - because if they were, people would usually be courteous back and wait it out.  

The communication aspect is what is missing in 99% of cases.  Of course there will always be the one guy that will force start anyway, but most people would wait if only the were asked instead of being expected.

that sums it up quite nicely.

• Like 1

As I said before in previous posts.

There should be an option to have "enable auto start group". This will put those (who wants it) into an autostart group with the same logic / mindset.

For now, all we can do is this:

When in recruit chat, type these so WE KNOW...

LF / H + FS [Relic Hunt] [Murmur] and so on....
- this means  Looking For / Hosting + Force Start  [Relic Hunt] [Murmur] and so on....

Edited by -HG-Lair360

7 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Right, and I don't think you'll find a single voice on the thread who disagrees that some people are discourteous who don't say anything and fail to start, leaving the group waiting. And nobody's advocating for doing that. 

But there are several people on the thread who have clearly said that they dgaf about others and will force start regardless of the situation, or advising that they'd like a moment to change loadouts.

The difference is that we don't know if the person holding us back is doing it intentionally. We do know the intent of these force-starters (not all who do it, because we all know it can happen by accident, just these) and that intent is a major difference. 

It's the difference between being annoying and being toxic. And the moment people try to use a justification like, "there's no rule that says that I can't", you know that what they're really saying is that they have no other valid justification for their actions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -HG-Lair360 said:

As I said before in previous posts.

There should be an option to have "enable auto start group". This will put those (who wants it) into an autostart group with the same logic / mindset.

For now, all we can do is this:

When in recruit chat, type these so WE KNOW...

LF / H + FS [Relic Hunt] [Murmur] and so on....
- this means  Looking For / Hosting + Force Start  [Relic Hunt] [Murmur] and so on....

Looks like you're try to sell something. 

4 minutes ago, -HG-Lair360 said:

I suggest and advise player to add 'FS'  Force Start when LF or H.

And I'm reminding you that that 'FS' is generally used as short for For Sale. Having two identical abbreviations, for totally different terms, which are contextual only based on which chat tab you're in, probably isn't the best choice.