The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black energy color please!

(PSN)ENEEGOH

Choose your warframe, choose your warframe's energy color is black. i hoped it works power of frames with darkest light. but there is nothing some lights.

On the three primary colors of lights, there are not black light but some enemies using darkest black light color (Lua's infestation, Stalker, Rell, and so on.)

I want to use my Warframe's power with dark, black energy color that like such enemies.

8 hours ago, (PS4)ENEEGOH said:

Choose your warframe, choose your warframe's energy color is black. i hoped it works power of frames with darkest light. but there is nothing some lights.

On the three primary colors of lights, there are not black light but some enemies using darkest black light color (Lua's infestation, Stalker, Rell, and so on.)

I want to use my Warframe's power with dark, black energy color that like such enemies.

They need to leave black alone, it's the only thing that makes using some frames, and weapons, bearable for some of us. If you want a different color to perform as a separate shade of black that would be fine. I'd personally like an option to have all team mates power color default to black just so people are not blinded needlessly.

If English is not your native tongue, could you post also in your native language? Sometimes it's easier to read something in a foreign language, then something translated poorly. 

Not going to lie, that's what I thought black was going to act like until I had it. I do wish they changed it and added a transparent color into the basic palette for free instead. I can understand not wanting black to change though. Still, on some frames I really want that edgy black energy color.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I'd like to have primed/prisma/wraith/vandal color palettes  where you can override the material effect by using color on it whether it should become shiny, metallic, mat, etc. 

I'll take that a step further. I would really enjoy some Material ie texture pallets. That we could use to change the different color channels on frames and weapons with.

Alright, I see there’s some confusion here.

In colour there’s two completely separate parts; the ‘hue’ and the ‘opacity’, and this is how you creat contrast and colour.

In lighting these functions are merged unless you specifically add in an opacity effect as a separate function. So the more colour you add, the more opacity you have until you build up the RGB spectrum to create pure white that is completely opaque.

Because effects on energy are tied to the lighting system, black will always be transparent.

The effects you see on enemies like Rell and the Stalker are tied to opaque effects, that would be opaque regardless of what colour they were. They could be duck-egg blue and still you wouldn’t be able to see through them.

Can you imagine the problems that would happen if you could not see through effects from abilities and weapons no matter what colour they were?

Energy effects on us and our weapons are designed to use non-opaque effects for the specific reason that it allows us, the players, to tone them down and make them invisible.

So... no. That’s a no from the basic function of ‘I want to see what the heck I’m doing’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Alright, I see there’s some confusion here.

In colour there’s two completely separate parts; the ‘hue’ and the ‘opacity’, and this is how you creat contrast and colour.

In lighting these functions are merged unless you specifically add in an opacity effect as a separate function. So the more colour you add, the more opacity you have until you build up the RGB spectrum to create pure white that is completely opaque.

Because effects on energy are tied to the lighting system, black will always be transparent.

The effects you see on enemies like Rell and the Stalker are tied to opaque effects, that would be opaque regardless of what colour they were. They could be duck-egg blue and still you wouldn’t be able to see through them.

Can you imagine the problems that would happen if you could not see through effects from abilities and weapons no matter what colour they were?

Energy effects on us and our weapons are designed to use non-opaque effects for the specific reason that it allows us, the players, to tone them down and make them invisible.

So... no. That’s a no from the basic function of ‘I want to see what the heck I’m doing’.

we could just have an opacity slider, sometimes i want my volt to have that sick black/red lightning that cole macgrath has in infamous 1 when you go pure evil.

1 hour ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

we could just have an opacity slider, sometimes i want my volt to have that sick black/red lightning that cole macgrath has in infamous 1 when you go pure evil.

We could, buuuuut... Guess what I'm betting?

I'm betting that until DESteve's new lighting system (that he's been tweeting about for months) is finished, there's no chance of that happening, and even after that I bet that the spaghetti code of the Evolution Engine won't make it any easier then compared to now.