Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are friendship doors still in the game?

Raezor_7091

let me tell you about my latest experience with these doors:

I was playing in Adaro searching for a Bramma Larvling to upgrade my bow when this guy with a Seer showed up. Obviously I didn't kill him and proceeded to open the door nearby to finish the mission but somehow when I opened the infamous friendship door the game executed that larvling as well, creating a Lich with a gun I did not want (the time I had to spend bitterly getting rid of the guy aside).

I've seen posts addressing these doors as far back as in 2014 like this one that discuss the negativity around having these doors gameplay-wise and failed to find anything official about why they are not removed yet and what is the point of their existence. I was expecting DE to remove them with the Corpus fleet remaster (just like the breakable windows were removed) but nothing has happened yet.

After 6 years of people asking DE to remove these damn door there seems to be to change in sight so I guess I need to just deal with it. Can anyone at least point out any positive sides to still having them in game?

12 minutes ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

friendship doors

They are called friendship door, but often they make me play solo. Because otherwise a player will spawn in, far away, right when I am about to open the door, making me wait for a minute.

• Like 1

A much better, more comprehensive solution to your individual instance would be to give us a clearer option when executing a Larvling. Something like the Kill/Convert Lich screen, if nothing else, would do the trick. They could make it require us to press and hold for 3-5 seconds instead of just activating on a single tap, or they could make it into a Capture-esque animation but let us interrupt it with a dodge roll or something to cancel it and prevent the Lich from spawning.

Lots of things they could do, and it would solve accidental lich production from many other cases too (like people hacking terminals, opening lockers, mistaking the Larvling for a regular parazon finisher enemy etc).

That said, I'm largely against the use of Friendship doors except in Rescue missions and possibly other similar circumstances. With Rescues always being behind Friendship doors, it forces at least 50% of a squad to be present for the beginning of the rescue phase, particularly on missions with automatically triggered timers. For regular Friendship doors, I'd even settle for having some kind of hacking option to bypass them, or letting us activate them with our WF on one side and our Starchild on the other, or something. Or hey, mining laser minigame to cut through the lock? Like, that would actually be potentially awesome.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xarteros said:

Lots of things they could do, and it would solve accidental lich production from many other cases too (like people hacking terminals, opening lockers, mistaking the Larvling for a regular parazon finisher enemy etc).

The entire Lich system needs tweaks. another problem with liches that forces me to solo the game is others being able to parazon my Lich and consequently leveling it up. why the hell is that? Now the easest (and fastest) way to play that game mode is to just farm for murmur solo until you know all the mods then go public to kill the guy