Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissures should get their own dedicated game mode

PopGligor

Since U19, DE has added plenty of new modes to the game, which sooner or later end up feeling completely vestigial. Fissures were added to diversify the maps we visit. Kuva floods serve the same point, but unlike Kuva floods, fissures are just a mess. They are, in my opinion, not a good mode.

There are many aspects to the problem - the timed nature of the fissure, combined with the game mode can only discourage you from running fissures. The only fissures that are worth running are exterminate, capture and rescue. So if there's none of those up, I feel like I might as well not pop a relic of that quality at all. 

Just look at the modes we've got recently - sanctuary onslaught is fun! The new granum void is especially FUN. I think ideally fissures can work much like the granum void - where the fissure opens and we enter it, kill enemies and pop our relics open. 

Right now the mode is just chaotic, enemies spawning randomly, too much flickering going on and it really feels outdated. And this is one of the main modes of the game, definitely one of the most played due to the rewards. At the time it came out, it solved a problem that only existed in DE's heads. Yes, we were only going to the void, but we were having fun. Now you have 2 modes mashed together, incentives that can only punish you, and a mode that really just isn't fun. 

I want relics to be fun. I want them to be a mode I look forward to doing. The granum void has novelty to it, and probably that's why I find it fun, but... ESO is still fun, even after like a year or two since it was released.

I disagree. I think fissures are fun especially when you play like defense, survival, disruption which it makes kind of dynamic and challenging in some ways. Also you can talk with your teammates and I usually have a lot of fun when doing any of those endless missions. 

For SO / ESO and the Granum Void that's the boring part. Usually when I do SO / ESO I afk through it. Playing EV is like the most active role when in group since you have to play to keep the energy up. As for Rhino I just buff for 65s and alt-tab to like FB or 9gag. As far as Granum Void goes.. that's even more boring when you can just Mesa the whole thing. It brings zero excitement to the game. The only fun thing about SO / ESO is the talking with other people. When no one talks, it's boring as hell and I just like sleep through it. 

12 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

Right now the mode is just chaotic, enemies spawning randomly, too much flickering going on and it really feels outdated. And this is one of the main modes of the game, definitely one of the most played due to the rewards. At the time it came out, it solved a problem that only existed in DE's heads. Yes, we were only going to the void, but we were having fun. Now you have 2 modes mashed together, incentives that can only punish you, and a mode that really just isn't fun. 

Want I want to say to this is that a enemy random spawn is kind of bad. At the early waves you have to control the speed of killing enemies so you don't accidentally don't kill too fast resulting to fail to open a fissure. Or what happens quite a lot is that all fissures spawn around 1 member on the other side of a map while the 3 other members don't have any enemies around them. So some tweaking should be done but I think this mod is otherwise all well done. 

Fun is subjective. I like fissures as they are now and I see no fun in SO / ESO or granola void where your only objective is to kill stuff fast. The only problem with fissures that I see is the lack of corrupted enemy spawns in some missions.

2 hours ago, Majkuss said:

I disagree. I think fissures are fun especially when you play like defense, survival, disruption which it makes kind of dynamic and challenging in some ways. Also you can talk with your teammates and I usually have a lot of fun when doing any of those endless missions. 

For SO / ESO and the Granum Void that's the boring part. Usually when I do SO / ESO I afk through it. Playing EV is like the most active role when in group since you have to play to keep the energy up. As for Rhino I just buff for 65s and alt-tab to like FB or 9gag. As far as Granum Void goes.. that's even more boring when you can just Mesa the whole thing. It brings zero excitement to the game. The only fun thing about SO / ESO is the talking with other people. When no one talks, it's boring as hell and I just like sleep through it. 

Want I want to say to this is that a enemy random spawn is kind of bad. At the early waves you have to control the speed of killing enemies so you don't accidentally don't kill too fast resulting to fail to open a fissure. Or what happens quite a lot is that all fissures spawn around 1 member on the other side of a map while the 3 other members don't have any enemies around them. So some tweaking should be done but I think this mod is otherwise all well done. 

Survival fissures are my favorite type to *play* but due to the reward being every 5 minutes as opposed to every ~2 minutes for rescue or capture, I really don't like doing them to burn relics. This is the main issue I have - the different game modes simply cannot serve the same reward. Because then it becomes all about how much reward you can get per minute. And even if survival fissures are fun, they are 250% less efficient way of farming relics. 

eeeh, Void Tears having one thing that you do would make them more boring than they are now, and also lock out the potentai veteran efficiency opportunities that Void Tears offer sometimes (depending on Faction & Gamemode).

like always, it's just that the 'standard Gamemodes' are pretty drab and uninteresting to do.

10 hours ago, PopGligor said:

Survival fissures are my favorite type to *play* but due to the reward being every 5 minutes as opposed to every ~2 minutes for rescue or capture, I really don't like doing them to burn relics.
And even if survival fissures are fun, they are 250% less efficient way of farming relics. 

the benefit of Endless Void Tears is the Multipliers and upgraded Void Keys that you get for playing them.

i fully understand looking at the sheet and rolling your eyes because you need to play Tier __ and there aren't any appealing Gamemodes for that Tier at that time - but that's more to blame on that the minimum number of Void Tears per Tier isn't really very high (the minimum is 1 or technically even 0).
i've even largely agreed that Gamemode splits should be forced for Void Tears too, such as always 2 non Endless and 2 Endless for every Tier.

Edited by taiiat

I think the old way of locking access to different void game modes was better - you had keys. More or less, players dictated what they had access to. Now, the game tells you which fissures you can do. This is my MAIN complaint. When I want to do exterminate fissures, there's a huge difference between the game saying I can't and I have to rely on RNG to be able to, and the game telling me "Just get some keys and do them". In the latter, the agency is mine, I don't have to pray the game lets me play it the way I want.

The game mode can be endless, or there can be multiple void fissure modes that are locked behind keys. Just like how current granum void is locked behind different tier coins. It's so weird to see DE go back to the old void design, because deep down they know it was perfect and they only changed it to solve an issue that wasn't even a problem. DE fell for a developer meme, where devs think it's their job to dictate how you consume their game. Blizzard did the same with the latest WoW expansion and it might go down as the worst expansion in the game's history.

The main benefit of the old void keys is that you could select what you wanted to do. You could target specific keys if you wanted to do these modes. And now you can't. If I want to farm Axi exterminates and there aren't any up, I may have to wait HOURS until I can do what I want. But there's no way of knowing. And this is the worst part. 

The system can be changed a bit to allow for player choice. Instead of having random fissures, why not have entire planets face void storms. When a planet has a void storm on it, ever mission node has a fissure on it, and players can select what they want. Then the level of the fissure is based upon the relic you select. That way we can still have prime farming around the entire solar system, but we can also at any time select any more we want. And it'll be perfect.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-16 at 7:15 AM, PopGligor said:

The system can be changed a bit to allow for player choice. Instead of having random fissures, why not have entire planets face void storms. When a planet has a void storm on it, ever mission node has a fissure on it, and players can select what they want. Then the level of the fissure is based upon the relic you select. That way we can still have prime farming around the entire solar system, but we can also at any time select any more we want. And it'll be perfect.

i would love to see this kind of change. same should be done to arbitration.