Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account migration to PC from PS4

(PSN)DOOM_OF_CHAOS

I just wanted to share my thoughts if Digital extremes sees this.

I'm a bit disappointed that the developer has not allowed a transition between console to PC with warframe.

I'm kinda a fan of the franchise, but starting this game on PS4, I already put so much time and platinum into all of the characters on that platform.

I recently converted over to PC, and since I enjoy it far more than console. I decided to get rid of my Xbox, and PS4.

I do not have any plans on starting over with warframe due to the fact that it cost both a ridiculous amount of time, and money just to get to where I was before.

If Digital extremes thinks they are going to make this game a money pit by refusing to update their technology to allow console to PC migration, they are wrong for doing that. I will never put time and money into this game starting from scratch, and a lot more console players are switching over to PC now.

If Digital extremes does not act on allowing PC players to migrate their accounts from console, I'm afraid they will be on the verge of being a dead stick in the water.

I really hate to see that happen to this franchise, if Digital extremes doesn't get their heads out of their asses, a significant decline in your player base is going to happen sooner or later.

Enable console to PC migration soon.

Edited by (PS4)DOOM_OF_CHAOS

Cross save is a minority need but they are trying to do it anyway. No game will fail because of its absence alone and trying to say it will to boost its importance is hilarious. But It will hopefully come within another year.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 2

It's not their decision, it's up to MS and Sony, and neither of them will allow to lose users. Also you don't speak for everyone, there's plenty of console players who are just fine with playing on their platforms so your empty threats aren't putting you in a good light either nor do they help your case. Next time think before you write something like that.

As mentioned above, cross-save is something that will eventually come and we will be able to use our save data on all platforms.

I don't need crosssaving. I understand why we can't have it. Different updates etc.

I need to make a copy of my console account and have it on PC. I don't care for console exclusive items. I need the one time copy. I'm not gonna spend hundreds of hours to be where I was.

11 hours ago, (XB1)MrFenicxs said:

I don't need crosssaving. I understand why we can't have it. Different updates etc.

I need to make a copy of my console account and have it on PC. I don't care for console exclusive items. I need the one time copy. I'm not gonna spend hundreds of hours to be where I was.

Migration as you describe will never happen again.

The closest thing that could happen is cross progression which is not the same as cross play or account migration.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Don't lose hope yet, there's a tiny chance that once DE stops supporting the Xbox One and PS4 version you can transfer to the PC, but it's also much more likely that Sony/Microsoft will demand that their old customers migrate to their new consoles or lose their progress.

2 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Don't lose hope yet, there's a tiny chance that once DE stops supporting the Xbox One and PS4 version you can transfer to the PC, but it's also much more likely that Sony/Microsoft will demand that their old customers migrate to their new consoles or lose their progress.

As far as i know. Ps5 will be fully integrated to roll warframe and use your ps4 account from the get go.

You'll just have to install the game on your ps5. Because sony said ps5 is fully backwards compatable.

We'll see though.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

1 hour ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

As far as i know. Ps5 will be fully integrated tovroll warframe and use your ps4 account from the get go.

You'll just have to install the game on your ps5. Because sony said ps5 is fully backwards compatable.

We'll see though.

I'm assuming (still don't get your hopes up), that if you never play on PS5, you will eventually get to transfer your account to the PC when they then stop supporting the PS4 build.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Xeon_Vaz said:

Really wish I could move my account to PC right now. Why didn't they make account migrations like a yearly thing?

Because Sony, and Microsoft do not want to lose out on juicy juicy money. Even if they fix the technical side which they are working on. Still have to get the okay from the platforms they are using.

If you think the EULA is a garbled mess of hard to read gibberish try reading a contract between businesses.