Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL Request for Minelayer: Overdriver

Ethice

I'm a, general, fan of the Vauban rework, finding use with most of the kit. My biggest issue is with how the Overdriver ability applies. I've resorted to only buffing myself with it because regardless of how close I may get the mine to land near an ally it's a coin toss on whether or not it'll apply to their sentinel / companion or them and I've had instances where a couple of players were grouped up only to have the first two mines thrown to them apply to their sentinels before them forcing me to use twice as much energy and grind progression to halt while I wasted time trying to get the buff onto everyone.

My request is to make the buff AoE. I think it's fine that it applies to sentinels / companions, though I've never wanted to buff them intentionally, but the random chance it wont affect my, preferred, target; the player, is cumbersome

2 hours ago, Ethice said:

My request is to make the buff AoE.

Sure why not, make it an AoE buff dispenser like Wisp's Motes, especially if it still keeps its duration limit that wouldn't be too much, IMO.
(Not least, now there's also Protea who can toss out a full Squad's worth of buff 'nades, seems only fair Booben's buff doesn't stay single-target.)

BTW, on the topic of Minelayer, any improvements / fixes for Tether Coil on the horizon?

Last I checked, it still very often just keeps enemies pinned to the floor even if the tether point is somewhere above,
and the tether lines remaining visually active after enemies have died, while kinda neat to look at, I would assume is not intentional 😛

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Sure why not, make it an AoE buff dispenser like Wisp's Motes, especially if it still keeps its duration limit that wouldn't be too much, IMO.
(Not least, now there's also Protea who can toss out a full Squad's worth of buff 'nades, seems only fair Booben's buff doesn't stay single-target.)

BTW, on the topic of Minelayer, any improvements / fixes for Tether Coil on the horizon?

Last I checked, it still very often just keeps enemies pinned to the floor even if the tether point is somewhere above,
and the tether lines remaining visually active after enemies have died, while kinda neat to look at, I would assume is not intentional 😛

The pinning issue should be solvable by increasing the pull strength of the coils. I get around it, somewhat, by mainly throwing tethers onto the ceiling or overhangs which pulls them below where the tether is hanging from. I don't use it to much, honestly, and the last time it got a lot of use from me was during Scarlet Spear ground ops.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

I think this should get the Protea Grenade Fan treatment. Throw three at a time, so it's easier to apply to everybody.

Protea throws 4 buff 'nades now, even 😛

BTW, similar deal for Booben's 1, charging the ability doesn't cost any extra Energy,
so just make it always give you 4 and remove the hold function .. or actually, keep it, just for the juggling funzies lol.

Mind, I still think a multi-use buff dispenser thing might be best for Overdriver.
You could even take a page out of Octavia's book and let Tesla Nervos pick up Overdriver(s), to add mobility.

Yes, make it a damage buff dispenser. Drop the Overdriver, have it float up and glow, any allies going into range get zapped with energy juice to do more damage. Let it apply it up to 4 allies per Overdriver.

Also, there's no reason for it to apply to static objectives since those don't do anything.

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I say Remove Minelayer Overdriver

Yeah, just get rid of something rather than try to improve it.

let Booben's Passive scale with Strength

So, nerf it for everyone that uses below-100% Strength.

Its not like Team Mates need the buff anyways.

Squad mates don't need any buff, that doesn't mean removing support options is a good idea.

35 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Yeah, just get rid of something rather than try to improve it.

Hey sometimes its necessary and this is one of those times.

36 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

So, nerf it for everyone that uses below-100% Strength

Pretty much...

Obviously it doesnt affect me because Umbral Booben means i only lose 5% Strength while still maintaining the exact same range as everyone else. I dont actually have any legit low strength builds just because Booben needs strength so much. May aswel embrace it... if you can.... Its going to be difficult to fit in the Umbral Set without Umbral Polarities.

38 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Squad mates don't need any buff, that doesn't mean removing support options is a good idea.

It does if the buff is mediocre in this case. Booben just cant compete with the likes of Harrow, Rhino, Wisp and even Volt in terms of Support. 

I love Booben but Overdriver must die.

12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Obviously it doesnt affect me because Umbral Booben means i only lose 5% Strength

Hey, psst, that means it does affect you. Negatively.

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

same range as everyone else

So you're requesting a change that you are already aware will hurt many builds.

Seriously, what.

14 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

the buff is mediocre

Why is making it better not even an option in your mind?

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Hey, psst, that means it does affect you. Negatively

Hardly... 😛

So you're requesting a change that you are already aware will hurt many builds.

Seriously, what.

No those builds will still work... Mine will just work better 😛

Why is making it better not even an option in your mind?

Because as far as Buffs go its just so Boring 😞

Vector Pads are better buffs than Overdriver. If you're going to give Booben the ability to boost his Team Mate's Damage then i think its best to find some other way to do it...

maybe he can share his Passive. That would be more fun.

Archived