Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea discussion

STUVash

il y a une heure, Annnoth a dit :

Sadly it gets reset when you use consoles so I can't easily resupply at the forges and warp back.

You mean, you run out of time ? Because I can interact with the forge just fine 🤔

Edited by STUVash

3 minutes ago, STUVash said:

You mean, you run out of time ? Because I can interact with the forge just fine 🤔

No, it resets your tracked movement. So if you go from the pilots to the forge with the ability active, use forge, then press 4, it'll revert you back 1 second to the forge console.

Edited by Annnoth

il y a 8 minutes, Annnoth a dit :

No, it resets your tracked movement. So if you go from the pilots to the forge with the ability active, use forge, then press 4, it'll revert you back 1 second to the forge console.

You mean like this ? To me it looks fine (?)
You may have a specific issue going on, because it's working perfectly fine on my end.

Révélation

ProteaRewind.gif

Edited by STUVash

I agree with OP mostly, Protea is fun and interesting to play. I still feel like she's got a bit too much anti-synergy though:

Shield satellites are a cool way of managing shield gate to stay alive, but if you play in a team you won't always get your own shield satellites. Thus she anti-synergizes with team play. Mesa had the same problem with shooting gallery, they changed it so that one instance of shooting gallery remained active on Mesa for the entire duration. I have no idea why they didn't do this for Protea too.

Temporal Anchor anti-synergizes with any mission type that requires moving from point A to point B. Since 90% of Warframe includes progressing through a map instead of remaining stationary, this ability anti-synergizes with the majority of the game. No idea how to fix this without removing the backwards-travel.

Blaze artillery and dispenser are fine I think. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, STUVash said:

You mean like this ? To me it looks fine (?)
You may have a specific issue going on, because it's working perfectly fine on my end.

Reveal hidden contents

ProteaRewind.gif

Most likely a host/client issue then. Ive almost never had it work and im usually not the host.

Good to know it does work though. At least i can get some use out of it lol.

Edited by Annnoth

il y a 7 minutes, Sevek7 a dit :

No idea how to fix this without removing the backwards-travel.

You can Transference Out during the rewind and Transference In again when the Rewind is over to avoid travelling all the way back.
This is kinda funny to look at your frame Rewind on its own too sometimes :tongue:

Edited by STUVash

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

Because 95% percent of the time her 3 and 4 are used only for energy management. It's a major flaw in frame design in my opinion, and it's one of the same major problems Garuda has with her 2 and 3 combo.

That's why I used the phrase "boiled down".

They are both highly tanky frames with conical damage that obeys line-of-sight. All other aspects matter significantly less with the game as it is now.

Maybe not without enemies, but without killing Hildryn off the top of my head does waaay better,

That was in the context of I feel it prevented her from having another good ability. Because in the context of Protea herself, any energy issues she has could be remedied with just Fleeting (because even with 2 energy management abilities I still have to use Streamline). Meaning I could put one mod on her and all she'd be is Blaze Artillery, and half of Grenade Fan.

Garuda's 2 is a powerful AOE heal.  Only thing it doesn't do is affect defence objectives, and I understand why, (It'd be broken as hell).  Not to mention it makes a useful hard CC against most targets.   To describe it as just part of her energy generation kit really doesn't do it justice.

Likewise, describing Protea's 4 as just part of her energy gen kit doesn't do it justice.  Its a great mobility tool that lets you easily reset after going on branch paths(E.G. Argon hunting).  Lets you go into an area with lots of mobs, lay down some turrets and damage and then do more damage coming out.  Even works as a good kiting tool(which will be needed come hardmode.)

That said, I would look at Guild Wars 2's Spectral Walk skill for a modification of her 4.  Give us a way to cancel the recall.  Either that the reactivation cancels the recall(and the blast), or letting the timer run out cancels the recall+blast.

1 hour ago, STUVash said:

You can Transference Out during the rewind and Transference In again when the Rewind is over to avoid travelling all the way back.
This is kinda funny to look at your frame Rewind on its own too sometimes :tongue:

Hah! That's really great. I just tested it, you're right that this workaround might actually work quite well. 

I also tested using operator before the rewind even begins, since this would make it even more useful, unfortunately if you are in operator before the rewind begins you get pulled back into the warframe. So we have to use operator fast once the rewind begins. It's not ideal, but it's certainly better than having to do the whole mission twice because you keep getting pulled back. Thanks!

• Like 1

il y a 55 minutes, Sevek7 a dit :

Hah! That's really great. I just tested it, you're right that this workaround might actually work quite well. 

I also tested using operator before the rewind even begins, since this would make it even more useful, unfortunately if you are in operator before the rewind begins you get pulled back into the warframe. So we have to use operator fast once the rewind begins. It's not ideal, but it's certainly better than having to do the whole mission twice because you keep getting pulled back. Thanks!

Make sure to take a look at Temporal Anchor section in my first post, in case you missed other tips, and please share yours too if they're not in the list I got.
I'll add them with your name on it. Much love ❤️

Edited by STUVash

I saw multiple people talking about needing more energy which is easily provided with Energy Orbs from Dispensary; even more when you have an Arcane Energize.
However one of my favourite build on her doesn't have Arcane Energize, for what I do with it I don't need that much Energy.

How about you, are you comfortable playing Protea with no Arcane Energize ?