Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abnormal Mission Results?

TwilitAngel

Question

Had a friend get trade banned for no reason whatsoever because of this "abnormal mission results" thing. I'm guessing it's just another bug DE refuses to fix. Problem is, last time he was playing was with a group of friends, yet he was the only one affected? -facepalm- Anything that can trigger this? He's thinking maybe his Redeemer Prime with a riven dealing too much damage? We don't know what to think of this except it's beyond useless to try and contact support about it.

9 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, TwilitAngel said:

Had a friend get trade banned for no reason whatsoever because of this "abnormal mission results" thing.

Supposedly this is an automated system, prone to afflict players farming missions containing valuable rewards (Kuva, for example), for excessive periods of time.

Also supposedly, such players are prone to exploit game mechanics and behave indistinguishable from scripts for extended amounts of time.

From my ignorant point of view: Don't act like a bot - don't get flagged as a bot.

9 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Supposedly this is an automated system, prone to afflict players farming missions containing valuable rewards (Kuva, for example), for excessive periods of time.

Also supposedly, such players are prone to exploit game mechanics and behave indistinguishable from scripts for extended amounts of time.

From my ignorant point of view: Don't act like a bot - don't get flagged as a bot.

We weren't doing anything different. Just playing normally.

Just now, TwilitAngel said:

We weren't doing anything different. Just playing normally.

You were not standing (somewhat) still for a large portion of the mission, prevented enemies from attacking you at all and used mostly abilities instead of attacking? You didn't hardly do anything for over 2 hours in one and the same mission?

Might be an error in the system then, though DE will be the judge of that.

As far as I know, this trade ban is automatic if you spend a given amount of time (or higher) in a mission, and is supposed to deal with players using exploits. At least this is what others say, maybe the ban is linked to pickup count, but you need to spend quite a few hours in mission to reach the number of resources triggering the ban - this could explain why your friend was banned but the teammates didn't. Do you have an image of the mission complete window?

It's thought to be collecting a large amount of resources. If your friend was running boosters and got "lucky" with smeeta buffs and the other people in the squad didn't this would explain why he was the only one banned. 

What sucks is DE won't tell you what triggers it or lift the ban. Nothing you can do but wait it out. They also know that it is a long standing problem for endurance runners and refuse to address the problem. For these players it comes down to play the game the way they want to play it and they lose their trading privileges.

I've considered trying to see how long I can keep a trade ban active. This way It would no longer be "Abnormal mission results". Like If I only ran endurance runs and nothing else It would no longer be abnormal for the account I play on. Probably not worth trying to set a precedent for "normal mission results". I doubt they are concerned with semantics. Wouldn't change anything anyway.

Anyways here's this

2peDrT5.pngSCWSc5e.png

@Berzerkules I get why they don't want to share what exactly their system marks as "abnormal". It's the same as banned words in chat - if people knew what triggers a ban, they will be able to go around it. Nevertheless, being banned after long survival runs just sucks. You get banned only for trying to create a replacement for the non existent end game.

How did it go though? Was the ban time reset after your other long runs?

il y a 30 minutes, Berzerkules a dit :

They also know that it is a long standing problem for endurance runners and refuse to address the problem.

Isn't one of the reasons why hardmode is being introduced is to prevent automated false positive trade bans such as these?

I think I'll need to ask [DE]Helen on tonight's home time

20 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

@Berzerkules I get why they don't want to share what exactly their system marks as "abnormal". It's the same as banned words in chat - if people knew what triggers a ban, they will be able to go around it. Nevertheless, being banned after long survival runs just sucks. You get banned only for trying to create a replacement for the non existent end game.

How did it go though? Was the ban time reset after your other long runs?

It does not seem to add to or reset the 2 week trade ban if you are a repeat offender within the 2 week ban. I ran Baruuk almost 5 hours After my last response to support. There were other 2-3 hour runs in there but the consensus seems to be 4+ hours and you risk a trade ban.

What sucks is there is an "auditing period". I mandatory 336 hour time frame that you must wait out. Does it takes DE exactly 336 hours to determine whether or not you were cheating? It seems to me that DE could come to a conclusion within that time frame, and either lift the trade ban, or take further stricter actions based on their findings. There is not benefit to waiting out the entirety of the trade ban if DE has already determined that you did nothing wrong. 

2 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

What sucks is there is an "auditing period". I mandatory 336 hour time frame that you must wait out. Does it takes DE exactly 336 hours to determine whether or not you were cheating? It seems to me that DE could come to a conclusion within that time frame, and either lift the trade ban, or take further stricter actions based on their findings. There is not benefit to waiting out the entirety of the trade ban if DE has already determined that you did nothing wrong. 

That really sucks. Seems like support can't even lift bans (I've read chat banned people posting about that - even if they proved they used the "bad" word in a context the word meant something entirely inoffensive, support told them they can't help and the ban needs to be waited out). Maybe this is to prevent support staff members unrightfully lift bans of their friends or even become "corrupt"... Just to be clear, I'm not saying this is true, just speculating, trying to find why they won't ever seem to lift any bans (except for the ones until 2035).

Archived