October 16Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

Classical weapons not fitting art style only means that your art style needs to be more consistent.

I don't think that warframe needs gender-options, but if there's a lack of new ideas, why not?

Other than that, awesome! Glad to hear you respond to actual feedback!

The same process that allows players to glean that information allows them to hack the other game files and cheat.

While I don't think the codex idea as presented will solve the underlying issue, I do understand why they encrypted the files.

I should have been more specific.

I meant why can't they release drop and reward data at all.

I cannot think of any legitimate security concern with telling the community

"Master thief can drop fromthe following: Hyena, Grineer Scorpions (above level 20)"

Content vs Gameplay

A recent conservation with Steve reflected on the situation a lot of our long term players find themselves in “our players are becoming bored. We can give you all the mods in the world to find, but without a reason to have these mods they become lackluster.”

This isn’t a surprise to many players on the forums because it has been a popular topic for awhile. There is a need for a more detailed story line and a purpose for 500+ hours of game play. Some great story line threads have been posted and it’s amazing to see what players come up with based on their Warframe experiences.

Glad to see the long term players getting acknowledged along with the concerns of pointlessly leveling mods with nothing to do.

Although Story is nice to let us know whats' going on, we still need actual new content to play and new things to do to keep things interesting. I know you guys are working on new game modes so that should be exciting.

Maybe add some scripted "story" missions in with increased teamplay objectives and cutscenes. That would be amazing. 

The return to Gender Swap.

With the talk of a new female Warframe joining our family, the conversation about male/female versions of Warframes is re-emerging from the community.  Scott and Steve both agree that if we ever decide to do male/female frames, the opposite gender would have a completely different skill set but with the same theme. For example, a male version of Ember would still have a Fire theme, but with 4 unique powers.

Last Chance Weapons

With the Boar, Gorgon, Ether Daggers and Machete all advertised as “Last Chance” a concern has been brought up in the Community as to what this “retirement” means. These items are not permanently gone; they could be brought back at any time, “out of retirement” so to speak.

Sheldon: “We’re trying to set up for more “new-user weapons” and some of the weapons (like the Boar) just don’t fit the art style. There is always a chance of them coming back.”

Mutagen Update

Sheldon: “We’ve read your feedback on how to balance Mutagen. From what we’re seeing, there hasn’t been a flux in Mutagen crafting since it was put in the Derelicts. This could be due to The Orokin Vaults being introduced, but we will be keeping an eye on it and will consider tweaking it when necessary.”

Gender swap

If that is their stance, then their stance is a completely pointless one. Their stubborn opinion doesn't solve the issue that genderswapping is supposed to fix anyway. Either make it TRUE genderswapping, or simply don't bother at all with "alternatives". Absolutely pointless.

Last chance weapons

As been pointed out in other threads, that still doesn't make it any less of a bad decision. I don't even have energy to bother explaining why, you can easily find it yourselves in the Weapons feedback section

Mutagen...

... needs to drop in the Solar System, and Vaults could be added to the Void too or something. Why? Because the Derelicts are unplayable due to the constant crashing. Shame, as I really want to be able to get the Corrupted mods and to continue my bio-research. But I simply can't. Turning off Direct X11 = Evolution Engine failed. Enable DX11, but turning off tesselation = Major crashing occurs anyway. Always midmission too, making everything simply a waste of time...

well, gender swapping is about the lore already stated, as the "warframes are suit" comes to mind.

also you should be able to customize you, for example "mag" or any other warframe as in saints row customization mode, or only big male tenno can use rhino or skinny tenno can use nekros, not to mention only loli tennos can use nova, seems flawed IMO, and stubborn not to add more posibilities...

Content vs Gameplay

A recent conservation with Steve reflected on the situation a lot of our long term players find themselves in “our players are becoming bored. We can give you all the mods in the world to find, but without a reason to have these mods they become lackluster.”

This isn’t a surprise to many players on the forums because it has been a popular topic for awhile. There is a need for a more detailed story line and a purpose for 500+ hours of game play. Some great story line threads have been posted and it’s amazing to see what players come up with based on their Warframe experiences.

------------

That's all that has to be said on probably the most important thing for Warframe's survival? Pretty depressing stuff.

"I know you're leg's broken sir but I noticed you're sniffling a lot. Here are some antibiotics, hopefully they'll clear up the sniffles."

Some kind of actual meaty information regarding a solid story and End Game would be appreciated. Even a "Such and such have been spit-balling this sort of idea around. It's by no means concrete but these are the kinds of ideas we are exploring."

I don't want to say it's "blatantly obvious" that things like story and end game are on the backburner but it really feels that way. Of course it does make a bit of sense that true "end-game" isn't being approached yet with Armor 2.0 on the horizon. It would be a little silly to lay down concrete plans and solid scaffolding for complex encounters and systems before a core system change like Armor 2.0 goes live.

I've got faith in you DE, it's wavering a little but it's still there.

drop tables encript its a bad move IMO.

Its impossible for players give a correct feedback to DE, if we don´t know where and with what % X drop drops. We are on Beta or not?

Next time you change a drop location, like with the Mutagen only in derelict, broke the drop table, like with Forma void reward, people will come here and go to wiki and don´t see nothing about it, they continue farming thinking its a RNG, and few days after they know about changes or drops bugs, and feel they wasted a lot of time, you will know how is a furious community.

"I know you're leg's broken sir but I noticed you're sniffling a lot. Here are some antibiotics, hopefully they'll clear up the sniffles."

/thread

Seriously, we can argue about communication and feedback and transparancy till we are blue in the face.

But it is all for naught if DE just keeps only noticing the "sniffles" and shoving antibiotics down our throats, while ignoring that the game is bleeding out cause the shards of broken bone in the communities leg have hit the femoral artery

/thread

Seriously, we can argue about communication and feedback and transparancy till we are blue in the face.

But it is all for naught if DE just keeps only noticing the "sniffles" and shoving antibiotics down our throats, while ignoring that the game is bleeding out cause the shards of broken bone in the communities leg have hit the femoral artery

...Then I'm sure you realize how different sniffles are compared to a broken, possibly shattered leg with severe bleeding.

One requires antibiotics, or hell, just a glass of Orange Juice and some ibuprofen.

The other requires surgery.

Surgery takes time.

I should have been more specific.

I meant why can't they release drop and reward data at all.

I cannot think of any legitimate security concern with telling the community

"Master thief can drop fromthe following: Hyena, Grineer Scorpions (above level 20)"

That sounds like what the codex is meant to solve. However, like I said, I don't think the codex will actually solve the issue because once you've got a mod/part/whatever, you usually won't need another one of that mod/part/whatever except for fusion or trade purposes.

As ever, the only one who agrees with me is myself

The return to Gender Swap.

With the talk of a new female Warframe joining our family, the conversation about male/female versions of Warframes is re-emerging from the community.  Scott and Steve both agree that if we ever decide to do male/female frames, the opposite gender would have a completely different skill set but with the same theme. For example, a male version of Ember would still have a Fire theme, but with 4 unique powers.

That's not just a simple "male/female" version of a warframe, it's a COMPLETELY different warframe. I don't mind having two warframes with similar themes (such as fire or what have you) at all, I'm a 100% for it, but please don't label it as a "gender swap". Because is just isn't.

I'm really sorry but this thread has nothing. Padded responses with no real substantial information, nothing that injects optimism anywhere. "We know" kind of responses aren't very reassuring. 

Firstly, what's the deal with drop tables? Security reasons? What kind of security reason could there POSSIBLY be? Get someone to look at numbers & locations (however they're written) get them to write up a chart etc. to explain where they drop. NOBODY wants or is asking for a "Codex". If it doesn't tell us where an item drops BEFORE we acquire it, then it's essentially useless... I can remember where I was when I got most of the worthwhile mods in my inventory. Commons drop ALL THE TIME and they're simply placeholders for rares. Why do I need a catalog pointing out what I've all ready done? Most mods you only need to get once, then you just get fusion or dump useless mods into it. What good does a bunch of duplicate mods do us? None. We want to know where stuff is we don't own. I can't stress this enough. Codex is useless, give us info we want in the way we want it.

Please do NOT waste all the time and resources making a feature that nobody is asking for. We want info on items we don't own. ITEMS WE DON'T OWN. Please don't give us a "codex" that doesn't contain information we want. 

You guys do these hot topics what, once a week and all we get is a sort of "we know and we're 'looking into it'" time and time again. I'm sorry but why even bother if that's all any of the devs have to say?

Also to Volt players, be glad they didn't give the "Ember treatment" to Volt. Maybe Volt's not in a good place, but Ember can't reliably play in the same level content she could before the armor nerf. At least with the armor she had a decent gun game. Now she doesn't even have that. Good luck playing a caster warframe without any damage beyond 50.

Devs STILL talking about "what to do" with her, so we're STILL waiting. DE is thinking on a solution while our hard earned warframe (or bought with real money) sits in limbo or we're forced to play low-level content just to use her and not be utterly destroyed.

You guys should be glad they haven't touched Volt yet.

Edited by DavidSPD

Drop Tables

The shovel is in the ground to get an in-game Codex that stores and presents information on where players have obtained pickups.  This task is no small feat,   and currently we can’t estimate an exact completion date    but we will show you the progress along the way in the Developer’s Workshop posts and Livestreams.

So we are blind until forever ?

Edited by Histori

As stated, I'm not sure the codex system logging drops would actually help the issue: in most cases, once you have a given drop, there's little need to search for a duplicate. This is doubly true once you're no longer looking for the core mods and such needed to progress. For a sizeable number of long-term players, I'd lay decent odds that there's nothing we actually need whatsoever to progress.

It's also unfortunate, but as I've said in other threads, there has been a demonstrable need for someone to watch the watchmen here; e.g. in the case of the void - since its introduction, it's had drop rate issues in every subsequent update. In his apology post following U10, Sheldon acknowledged it looked "Nefarious". As of the last information we did have, atleast one part needed to complete an item doesn't even exist in the void drop table at this point.

These errors were found only because people were able to look at the tables. Regardless of whether it's malicious or not, look at Sheldon's statement on the issue at the start of U10, and now look where we are with the tables being obfuscated - it doesn't help with that perception of shadiness.

man is this community grumpy or what

so much entitlement

I'll wait and see before I blow up in DE's faces. It probably isn't any easier for them to fix up issues when the community is constantly belittling their efforts and cynically jibing them with sarcasm and dry 'wit'.

And White Knights that always wait for that 'inevitable fix" with no criticism contribute less. They want us to tell them what we dislike. So we do. The manner that we do it conveys our level of displeasure. 

If we could all be content and patient how much do you think would get done and how fast do you think fixes would come out? There is a system in place even if you dismiss it as entitlement.

Edited by DavidSPD