Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teoarrk's concepts, lore and ideas thread, part 2 (Latest post - Where Part 9?)

Teoarrk

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

So is it like a gas flamethrower?

I'll be honest I was thinking of the burp gun from Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time.  That being said, a heavier Embolist is something I've wanted for a while. I know the Ignis exists but how long can a weapon really claim sole ownership of a weapon class?

Because if so I can draw one. :P

That would be awesome, but really no pressure on that end :)

Oh God. that's what happened to all those infested security proxies from Corpus Derelicts

I've always seen them as a natural boss for the Mutalist Strain - they can even mix and match them with different parts, fleshy, or not.

I realize I have pretty surface-level takes on a lot of fan concepts, but I'm going to throw another one out there:

this was well-needed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I normally find myself gawping at your handiwork and the numbers look reasonable and the artwork is so well put together that little more comes to mind than 'is good, DE add plz'

There are merits to the current system that I can't deny either - this system will definitely take more of your time. It also will require a dedicated tutorial, or very heavy signposting.  When I first came up with the idea while reading the Warframe comic series I thought of how this system could have been used during Vor's Prize.

...is that a reference to what I think it is.

Spoiler

FIGURES-1-5-Fig-1-Habitus-of-Omoleon-jea

I'll be honest I kinda went with a random name for this one. A little anticlimactic I know :P

Edited by Teoarrk

2 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I know the Ignis exists but how long can a weapon really claim sole ownership of a weapon class?

Flamethrowers aren't something that have that much design space tbh. They use the continuous trigger so rate of fire isn't that much of a factor, they all behave pretty similarly....

This is why the only other flamethrower-like weapons I've made have had radiation damage or a blast radius or both.

4 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I've always seen them as a natural boss for the Mutalist Strain - they can even mix and match them with different parts, fleshy, or not.

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

From the fact that I jumped to this immediately... you know i agreed tbh.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Flamethrowers aren't something that have that much design space tbh. They use the continuous trigger so rate of fire isn't that much of a factor, they all behave pretty similarly....

This is why the only other flamethrower-like weapons I've made have had radiation damage or a blast radius or both.

Well something that they could do is make them behave like the Husk Launcher or the Dragon's Fury - weapons that aren't strictly flame throwers but still operate with fire. That doesn't make them true flamethrowers though so ... you're right :)

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

you know i agreed tbh.

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Edited by Teoarrk

• 5 weeks later...

Part 4 coming today or tomorrow. It is a quest titled 'The Cauldron Bubbles' and be how players acquire @keikogi's Raven Warframe. Looking to be another 20 page plus extravaganza. The quest has a few branching dialogue sections which is the main reason it took so long to put together (alongside rl stuff). Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Part 4 coming today or tomorrow. It is a quest titled 'The Cauldron Bubbles' and be how players acquire @keikogi's Raven Warframe. Looking to be another 20 page plus extravaganza. The quest has a few branching dialogue sections which is the main reason it took so long to put together (alongside rl stuff). Hope you enjoy it.

YEAH BWOY!!!

Looking forward to it.

Also quick question, would you and @keikogi be willing to help me develop a Warframe themed around a LARGE INFLUX OF BEEEEEEEEES?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

YEAH BWOY!!!

Looking forward to it.

Also quick question, would you and @keikogi be willing to help me develop a Warframe themed around a LARGE INFLUX OF BEEEEEEEEES?

Hi Fluffy, that would be a fun exercise. Sure, I'd be up for it.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The only problem is that we cannot use the name Hyron, I already used that for an SMG.

how about the name Aristaeus? That is the Greek god of bee-keeping

Edited by Teoarrk

I think we should first settle on a basic visual style so we can ground the kit 

we can go for the usual pretty girl with acessories on theme with a sliding scaling of how human it is 

41d_ap53ea52RhmOTX5De7g-zm1ihph01xlQBNZG

O1CN01bNV6mQ1lnl8GeW5nc_496604864-31d39c

2a8ba22dc70854b128e46776ca609055.jpg

demqzhh-dce7343b-b1f7-48e9-bc31-9fdf7afd

or gigantic an imposing size

demi-matus-siravii-secretsanta-1280.jpg?

E10PDA9WYAAd2DI?format=png&name=240x240

E10Oi4TXsAAIDQw?format=png&name=240x240

Or truly monstruos 

52edd631b3c1d64c93d8096fc06886f4.jpg

and the second question is the flavour of bee sumons 

is it going to be just this 

tumblr_phcadfY1Tz1rvd3iz_400.gifv

or she will have sumons like this 

ECFmbmaXM9IAALh7C1zy7DPhbZuwD0IAekh2sLKO

lighting_bee_by_yoso999_d8ps7kw-pre.jpg?

• Like 2

For the frame, I'd go for a mix between 3, 4 and 8. Saryn has a sort of twisted gargoyle look to her and I think that the mixture of these 3 will be the most appropriate if you want to go for what has precedent in game for a femme fatale look.

The bulky design of 5 might also work if you want to go for a sort of 'walking beehive' look.

As for how bees are summoned,  you could go completely wacky with it. Bees communicate with dancing, so she could dance to summon bees.

Alternatively, she could be a walking hive and her bees just flush out of her like living water. 

Finally, the bees could be a sort of living void apparition, which would only come into being when using her powers.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

I think i got i rought out line off the kit 

first bees mild cc (inaros 4 but no healing ) 

2, summon special bee 

tap attack bee , hold gatherer bee. Gathering i don´t know what depends on the subthemes can be blood , meat , void nonsense , loot 

3. Royal Decree 

Contestual skill , depending on the target the availible bee will take apropriate action ( hold to self target ) 

Ally - make a shield a around 

Enemy - each bee type wiill make an especial attack 

Corpses/ground d - descrete like effect |( no loot just health , ammo and energy ) 

Object - loot everything around 

4 th not the faintest #*!%ing clue 

also since there no flowers on the batlefield what about vulute bee Vulture bee - Wikipedia or straingh up vampire bee ?

What do you thinfk @(XBOX)Fluffywolf36   and @Teoarrk ??? 

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

Technocyte Schism Part 4: The Cauldron Bubbles

Prerequisites: Chains of Harrow, The Sacrifice, Void Gate Activation during Seeded Fear*

*Seeded Fear will return as a special alert once a month after the initial run of Nightwave: Seeded Fear.

Quest Giver: Teshin

After a long collaboration with @keikogi, I am proud to present:

The Cauldron Bubbles

raven_no_wings_by_masternomad1234_de0747

Art by Masternomad1234 - check out their portfolio, it's great!

Prologue

latest.png

A message will enter your inbox upon completing all the prerequisites:

My pupil, your actions on Mercury have proven once again that you are a worthy tip of our spear. With the destruction of a threat that would have brought low an important ally, we have found ourselves at a crossroads with two new mysteries: a vigilante who walks the same path of glory as our own and a shadow that watches from just out of sight.. With the Accord matching claw with steel at every turn, there is time for only one of these situations to be resolved. Find the truth of this salient matter; whether another hand can be raised in unity against the current threat, or another mark inked to be struck down.

Hesitation makes one vulnerable. When the unexpected happens, do not hesitate. Remember this. 

-Teshin

Attached to the message will be a key item - Bloody Feather - Broad violet feather stained with viscera. The shaft has been cleanly plucked.

Spoiler

Violet Feather stock image. Image of plume, clothing - 30060715

First Steps

Spoiler

Ordis: You received a FLYING P/feather in your inbox? Hmm. I do not have data on ornithological species Operator. Perhaps we should pay Simaris a visit?

Tenno: Una works with a lot of birds, might be good to ask her first.

Ordis: Understood, contacting Una now. Standby for communication.

Una appears on screen

Una: Svalbard Tower, Una speaking. Ah Tenno, how can I help?

Tenno: Feather for you to identify. 

Una: Okay, please send a scan. (long pause) Okay, received. This is strange, where did you find this?

Tenno: I got this feather from the Origin Accord. It was one of the items found in Mine 811.

Una: Say again, where was it found?

Tenno: Mercury.

Una shakes her head. 

Una: This is a loose flight feather from something, but it’s not local. Nothing on Mercury grows large enough to need feathers this big. Some of the Condroc species from Earth might fit the bill, but none of them have violet feathers. It gets worse, carbon dating says that it’s from something over 1000 years old. Are you sure that this isn’t from an Orokin dig site?

Tenno: It could be dye.

Una: Could be, but none of the color washed out around the blood - see here?. That also makes it a fresh feather, not something from a cache at all. Whatever this is, it’s still walking around and it’s not in our database. T.A.I.L.S. wishes you luck Tenno, but theres not much more we can do for you.

Tenno: Okay. Thank you.

Una: Happy conserving. Una out.

Ordis: Hmm, seems like that was a WAST/unfortunate outcome. Let us hope Simaris has more to say. Plotting a course to the nearest relay.

Navigation -> Any relay

Objective marker > Sanctuary

Simaris: What brings you to the Sanctuary Hunter? Here to assist with Synthesis?

Tenno: I come seeking knowledge. This is a feather belonging to something 1000 years old that was found on Mercury this week. T.A.I.L.S does no-

Simaris: Ordis has already told me the details of your search, hunter. Though I understand your instincts, the object you’re holding is not from anything natural. What looks like a feather, is actually an expertly crafted Helminth formation. 

Tenno: This feather is from a Warframe?

Simaris: It fits the data I have gathered. Mercury has had many specimens I wish to add to Sanctuary. One incomplete scan from other hunters was the first sign that a new Warframe had appeared. 

Tenno:

(Sun: They were fighting on our side. Maybe they are an ally?

Simaris: An assumption, but in line with observations.)

(Neutral: They left this as a calling card, clearing the way for us.

Simaris: Curious. I have not heard of such behaviour amongst their kind.)

(Moon: We followed the bloody trail they left behind.

Simaris: Another who shares your bloodthirsty pursuits?)

Simaris: There is good news, hunter. This data will be enough to find a location where the target has been recently. Go there and see what clues are to be found.

Mission 1: Investigation - Venus - Montes

Spoiler

Follow the Scanner to the special zone. When there, you will find a Corpus Storage area that shows signs of prolonged habitation. The player will find 5 points of interest:

1.Chiseled notes - Notes written in High Orokin scrawled into a metal panel with a sharp object - Manifest shows 2 unregistered objects. Both have been inspected. One will be taken as evidence. The other will be taken as a gift.

2.Corpus Dataslate - Incoming craft are displayed on this device 

-Luxor #16U Orbit Hour 4, 30 minutes - 45 Terra assault packages, 1 unmarked object.

-Black Rho #54J Orbit Hour 6, 10 minutes - 170 tonnes nutrient paste, 18 units Rho habitators, 1 unmarked package.

-Fortunate Dawn Holdings #85Y Orbit Hour 7, 50 minutes - 18 units security packages.

-Beecloud Hivemind #13J Orbit Hour 8, 15 minutes - 200 Moa ‘Terra’ units, 20 Bursa units.

-Fortunate Dawn #17O Orbit Hour 11, 19 minutes - 7 units security packages.

-Luxor #19P Orbit Hour 19 - 18 Terra assault packages, 4 unmarked objects.

3.Feather - Another feather, like the one you possess - Vibrant, unnatural color makes the feather stand out.

4.Unusual debris - A random assortment of items that don’t belong in a Corpus Outpost, or from Venus.

5.Compromised Panel - A vent panel that looks undamaged from one side, but has been modified to allow vision from the other.

Using this information, the player will be able to determine that it is the same target on account of the feather, that they were at this location before the Luxor craft arrived and left before Luxor #19P was added to the listings, that the target is aware of subterfuge, is capable of speaking both Corpus and High Orokin and is not from Venus. Simaris could give you another set of coordinates based on the new feather added to your collection, but something else could be more important - what evidence are they gathering and why?

Tenno: Something doesn’t add up here. 

Ordis: Why, Operator? The feather could be enough for us to HUNT/continue our search for the canary, as Nora put it.

Tenno: They can write in Corpus and Orokin, Ordis. They also said something about gathering evidence. Who are we following? All we have is this feather and some junk to go on.

Ordis: It is quite the TRAP/mystery. We can check to see if the outpost noticed the missing items in the shipments.

Tenno: Good thinking. Wheres the nearest communication circuit?

Ordis: Marking it on your map.

You need to check local outbound communications over the past few hours. Whatever was in those manifests as unlisted, someone would have noticed. Ordis will help you patch in, but you will have to decode the signal yourself. The screen will look like this:

Spoiler

Gb1IMkUC9ZVmigGg8sjvjMTclaHEEtjRFqqPo7wBYOvwX1ErHVR1dcso_rBwrov4W3GMQQMnqxvPFKGzwM1YyrDMHOhSH4U1N7SuL6K-zPQ2spKma919r4OISacF8sLxM_ybV1Xh

This will be a Corpus message deciphering puzzle. Attune to the signal to crack it.

Figure out the puzzle and you will hear the following outbound communication:

“This is Montes Outpost. I don’t know what you think you’re trying to pull, but if you want to keep this arrangement under the table, you better stop adding items to the manifest that don’t exist. Yes, I checked the shipment myself, twice. No, Anyo does not know about this yet, but my finger is … Whats that? Thats a lot of platinum. Yes, I can hide the - Thats too much. One I can do, but four? Thats going to require bribes and … Yes, I understand. Luxor #19P. Orbit Hour 19. Is that good luck or? Yes, Fouquet. Montes Out.”

Ordis: Fouquet?

Tenno: We can worry about that later. There might still be contraband around. If we can figure out what is going on here, maybe we can find out where the canary is.

Ordis: This could be an ambush.

Tenno: (Pauses) We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

This will require you to check shipping crates for large nondescript containers. 4 will contain Technocyte. It will be important to not be on sensors while inspecting these crates or heavy reinforcements will be called. Destroy the containers to complete the mission.

Tenno: Luxor is smuggling Technocyte here? Why?

Ordis: I do not know, Operator, but I have found Luxor #19P. Get back to the ship. 

Mission 2: Luxor #19P - Investigation - Aboard Luxor Freighter #19P. 

Spoiler

The Tenno sneaks into the hold of the Freighter with ease, easily bypassing the passive security systems that they detect. They do not see any crew, however.

Tenno: things seem too quiet Ordis.

Ordis: There are vital signatures. Hold on, detecting a massive Infested lifeform approaching. 

A large quadrupedal cyborg creature will approach, the fleshy, organic pod at it’s centre flashing with a blue bioluminescence. The Tenno hides behind a nearby storage tank as the creature scans the room using a strobing scanner. A piercing whine fills the room, as a set of speakers key in.

????: I can tell someone’s there. Show yourself, or let me find you, it doesn’t matter.

Sun: Face the foe 

????:There you are. Another Warframe, wanting to stir the pot. Controls released. Oragan, kill.

Oragan boss - A quadruped with multiple weapons - cestras on all legs, Fluctus gun under the main body. This boss has no direct health bar, instead being damaged by attacking the weak points on the legs and on the body. These weak points will be immune to aoe, only taking damage from direct hits. The boss will have a final lunge attack when defeated. If this hit connects, it will kill the player. This attack will be very easy to dodge, however.

Health - 1,000,0000 (split over 8 weak points)

Armor - 100,000 (split over the 8 weak points)

Immunities - Cannot be disarmed, immune to stuns and crowd control.

If you die to this boss up to your revive limit, the mission will be a failure. However, if the boss dies -

????: Intruder in the tail! Oragan has been disabled. Ready a new applicant and get that intruder!

Stealth mission, taking you to an investigation room further into the ship.

Neutral: Stay Hidden

A heavy stream of plasma fire sounds off. An object is destroyed, a breeze of heat washing over the Warframe.

????: Brave, huh? Or stupid. How Unfortunate. 

Another stream of plasma fire destroys something nearby. 

????: *laughter* You think I can’t see you, don’t you, Tenno?

The same strobing scanner illuminates the Warframe. 

Staying in position will start the boss fight, as in 'Face the Foe'. You can attempt to escape however, leading to a stealth mission with the Oragan boss giving chase. Getting spotted will start the boss fight.

Moon: The Shadows Swallow Me

????: You’re getting further away. But I can still sense you wriggling. Pathetic rat. 

Stealth mission, with the Oragan in chase. Getting caught will start the boss fight.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simaris: Traces of the target linger here, Hunter. Use your scanner, find where it leads.

Tenno: On it.

The scanner will take you to a large control room, rife with infested spores which hang heavily in the air. Corpus machinery here has fused with Infested flesh, at places to the point where flesh begins and machine ends are hard to distinguish.  At it’s centre, a Mutalist hive bubbles out it’s life essence, a charcoal black mark bored deep into the infested organism to a fatal degree. Dormant incubators that half look like egg sacks wriggle under the neon green light of a probe turned proboscis.

The key points are:

1.Cauterized wound: A hot weapon has cut a hole in the hive, leaving a wound sealed by burnt flesh. From the shape of the scorch marks, it was fired at point blank range.

2.Strange Orokin device - An Orokin Device of unknown function that is stuck into the base of one of the incubators. The creature within writhes as if it is on fire.

3.Corpus Dataslate - Indicates the items stored in this section of the ship. The strategic culling indicates that the saboteur read the contents and judged appropriately

4.Loose reagents - As before, there is a collection of loose reagents scattered here. These ones are a little more direct than before, being spall and debris from an Orokin installation, as well as something else. Are those tea leaves?

5.Warning - Scraped into one wall in High Orokin is a warning that reads ‘don’t meddle in things that you don’t understand.’

There is a lot going on here, but the only clues that are to be found are that the perpetrator is in possession of sophisticated Orokin technology, worse they know how to use it.

Tenno: Simaris, are you getting this?

Simaris: Excellent work Hunter, the trail to our target grows longer, but we are still warm, my precepts tell me so. Cephalon Ordis will take you to where that debris was collected. We’re close, I am sure of it.

Mission End.

Ordis: Was there any trouble?

(Killed the boss: There was, but it was dealt with

Ordis: Glad you were ABLE TO SATE/ deal with anything standing in the way of the investigation.)

(Avoided the boss: Something. I lost it though.

Ordis: Good, wouldn’t want to attract attention.)

Ordis: Simaris has sent coordinates to me. Odd that we missed this one in the Derelict belt.

Tenno: Something unusual about the location?

Ordis: You’ll see.

Mission 3 - Observation & Interrogation - Amber Branch 'Derelict'

Spoiler

unknown.png

(Art by Chen 'Steve' Tong)

The Massive Derelict dwarfs the Orbiter greatly, a truly massive Orokin structure well past its prime. Reminders of it’s past splendour are clear to see, little fragments here and there as grand as they were in ages past, but these choice reminders are like beauty marks on a corpse. The orthobaster is pock marked with many impacts with passing objects, or where looters had attempted to board the derelict. The golden trimming is brittle and broken like old fingernails, fragments floating off into space, or hanging around the structure like a fine, elegant shroud. The running lights pulse like the thoughts of a dreaming giant. It spoke nothing of the ruination within, or the integrity of the null sentry, but this was where the trail lead.

Ordis: Interesting, the dock is still intact. It seems that a key is required to enter. Attempting ‘handshake’ precept.  Oh? This is not an Old War precept at all! It’s new.

Tenno: What do you mean ‘new’?

Ordis: Updated, very recently. I can attempt to fabricate a matching precept, but it’s not something I’ve had to do before. It might take MONTHS/ a long time to process this data.

Tenno: Maybe theres a backdoor?

Ordis: I’ve scanned the structure, Operator. It looks battered, but the hull is intact. 

Tenno: What about the service vents, or the engines?

Ordis: Hmm. That will be easier, but we don’t know how safe that is. This derelict was not part of this belt 12 orbit days ago; it might still be operational.

Tenno: Well I can’t sit here, waiting for it to move. I need to get on board. Create an Engine key, Ordis.

Ordis: This is a TERRIBLE PLAN/ bad idea Operator, but I see little immediate alternative. Standby at the foundry.

The mission will take part in 3 stages: 

Stage 1 will be the approach and entrance of the derelict. Journey through the engines will be via Archwing, avoiding machinery doing routine maintenance or running at low priority. Think laser torches repairing engine internals and voltage gates periodically turning on and off. Meanwhile, you will also be opening and closing different parts of the engines to make your way through.

Stage 2 will be entering the Derelict proper. It’s not going to look like you would expect, the interior being reminiscent of how it would look during it’s prime, as much a display of arts and culture as an operational vessel. But it will be too quiet. The lawns look freshly watered, the rose bushes freshly trimmed, not to say of how well polished the stonework was.

Tenno: Ordis, are there any lifeforms on board?

Ordis: Static

Tenno: Ordis? Ugh, I’m on my own.

Enter Stage 3

????: Not alone.

A Warframe is training a weapon on the Tenno’s. One, along with other features, covered in black and violet feathers.

????: Who are you? How did you get aboard? 

The Warframe itself is speaking? How?

????: Master-Servant Transference bolt. Now answer my question. 

(Tenno: Sun aligned: Honesty Route - I’m a Tenno,  here on behalf of the Origin Accord. You have been hard to find. Why help us and then hide?

????: Crossed purposes.

Tenno: Crossed purposes?

????: You were there to do a hero’s job, I’m guessing, with such an important group title like that. I was there on an errand.

Tenno: What errand was so important that you needed to kill so many ghouls?

????: Careful, you’re asking too many questions. But I’m glad that you appreciated my work. Those creatures were brutish things, but a good distraction. So were you, come to think of it.

Tenno: So you weren’t there to hel-

????: What? To help clean out the prison so it could be used again? No and neither should you. That place should be bombed back to the stone age. No, it should be removed from memory. Zariman child, you made a mistake. 

Tenno: Zariman child? What are you?

????: I’m not sure I need to explain myself, nor what I am. The Grineer were maintaining their balance by torturing their own, using technology they didn’t understand to do so. Their misguided experiments could have cost many more lives, had they figured out how to harness the power they unknowingly possessed before their mistakes caught up to them. What does that make you. Tenno?

Sun: A Friend - Someone that wants the balance restored.

????: But can you deliver?

Tenno: Yes..

????: If that is where you place yourself, then why did you find yourself playing liberator to a prison guard turncoat? What, he gets to be redeemed because he talked? 

(Sun: It was the right thing to do.

????: It was convenient for your higher ups. The further up the chain of command Steel Meridian recruits come from, the greater the morale boost to the grunts. 

Tenno: Even if thats true, didn’t he deserve it? He raised the alarm, saving Caloris Colony from destruction. He defected for the sake of saving lives.

????: What a heroic act. I’m sure he would serve just right on the front lines against the Sentients.

Sun: Then what would do?

????: Do your job, fulfil the balance. Don’t be side tracked by petty morality and mind the company you keep.

Tenno: Whats that supposed to mean?

????: So you don’t know. Well, ignorance is bliss.

Neutral-Perplexed: You’re a Warframe?

????: Does it matter that much what I am? Yes. 

Tenno: How? 

????: It doesn’t matter. What does is that your handling of the situation at Mine 811 leaves much to be desired.

Neutral Reserved : We did what we needed to do to save Caloris.

????: I’m sure thats what your leaders tell you.

Tenno: I chose to act.

????: Then you’re more foolish than you look.

Neutral  What’s your problem?

????: You. All of you Tenno, thinking they know whats best for theSystem. You never stop to question orders. The Lotus used you like a puppet.

Tenno: Things are different now. I chose to fight there in the mines, just like I’m here now.

????: Then why did you come on behalf of the Accord instead of yourself?

Moon - Someone that will ruin you if you stand against me.

????: Oh, how scary. I’ve seen what your kind does and frankly, you don’t scare me.

Tenno: I’m warning you.

????: And this weapon is void attuned. Are you sure you want to try me?

Tenno: You don’t scare me.

????: Well, maybe what your Syndicate allies consider a job well done should.

Moon You’re one to judge, you-

????: You don’t know anything about me. Congratulations, you found where I live. But here’s a secret, it moves.

Tenno: If it’d been up to you to save Caloris, the colony would have fallen.

????: Good, the administrator knew what was going on down there for years and did nothing. Good thing he had the Tenno there to assist, right?

Moon: Listen here you infested-

????: Yeah, I’m sure thats nice to say. What about your friend, huh? Do you think it’s nice to hear that? Whats wrong with you?

Tenno: *grumbles*

????:  Yeah thats what I thought.

)

(Tenno: Neutral aligned- Guarded Route: Not before you lower your weapon.

????: You walk into my home, fully armed and demand I lower my guard?

Tenno: I’m asking you to stop pointing that weapon at my Warframe.

????: I suppose this one is special to you? Tell me Tenno, how many other bodies are in your closet that you dust off when it meets your fancy?

Tenno: What?

????: You know what I mean.

Sun Prideful: All of them are my friends..

????: Sure they are. Tell me, what do you call this one?

Tenno: They are named -

????: So their puppet name, then.

Sun: They play a role, just as I do. 

????: So you throw them into the meat grinder, while you say well out of harms way.

Tenno: They’re not … We need to fight enemies on all sides. This is what they are designed for.

????: Designed to fight endless wars, that you start?

Sun: The Grineer and Corpus attacked us! Every last fight has been to stop them from wiping us out.

????: You had another option: hide. You have an Orbiter Class Carrier out there. Just take that thing and stay as far away from their sectors as possible.

Tenno: They’re digging out Warframes and killing them in their sleep. I had to fight to stop my Warframe from being sold on the black market for parts. You think that I can hide?

????: Then we find ourselves in partial agreement.  

Neutral: The battlefield influences my decisions..

????: I’m sure. But you use one or two a lot. It must be a stalemate out there, then.

Tenno: They have been the best adapted to the situation.

????: I’m sure. A good tool.

Neutral: Why does this matter?

????: Because I need to understand what influences your decisions. How you treat your allies.

Tenno: Do you hold all yours at gunpoint?

????: Only warmongers.

Neutral: War found us, not the other way around. 

????: You chose to continue it. Every single step you made towards peace was coupled with another bloody fight over what? Treasure?

Tenno: The Grineer and Corpus have been stockpiling Warframe parts, weapons, technology. Would you stand by while they try to revive the Orokin Empire?

????: You think they could even begin to while an Orokin Emperor is out there? The technology is dead weight in their hands.

Tenno: But the Infested - 

????: Only Black Seed has a true understanding of what they’re doing with the Infested. Even then, it’s crude work.

Moon: I am a shepherd of the broken.

????: Okay then shepherd, why do you send your sheep into gunfire?

Tenno: Because they demand it. They want to fight.

????: They all do? How do you know?

Moon: War swallows their past, consigning their memories to the Void.

????: There are better ways to help them and yourself. The Old War has been over for centuries.

Tenno: It’s too late for that and we both know it. You might be safe hiding in the Void, but they’ll come for you, too.

????: So slaughtering Grineer and Corpus is practice for you?

Moon: They wanted to feast on the ruins of the Orokin, slavery and death fuelling their conquest.

????: Both horrifying crimes, but how are you any better?

Tenno: Isn’t that obvious?

????: Only by fractions, but yes.

)

(Moon: Aggressive - Hostile Route - Are you going to shoot me, or is that for show?

????: Up to you.

Tenno: I followed you to see if we could stand united against a common enemy and this is - 

????: You invaded my home and you expect me to work with you?

Tenno: Picture this: the entire Origin Accord is on alert and then an unknown appears. They do not communicate, but leave traces that they exist. 

????: So like any child, you follow, with your fully armed weapon of war. 

Sun: Couldn’t leave it to chance. There is an Orokin Emperor out there and this is an Orokin ship.

????: Was. The Emperor’s ships are much larger than this.

Tenno: How do you know?

????: Because one was orbiting Mercury, 3 days ago.

Sun: Then why fight the Grineer? 

????: Because an Emperor could easily stop everything that I’ve accomplished if they know where I am.

Tenno: They have such power?

????: They closed the entire Solar Rail this week and you want me to explain?

Sun: We might have a better chance if we fight together, can’t we?

????: It must be liberating being this self assured.

Tenno: Why? If you continue to hide, it’s only a matter of time before they figure out where you are.

????: I’d take that risk rather than face certain death.

Neutral: This is standard procedure for a Derelict. Most are manned by Corrupted or Infested. 

????:  Well it’s proven otherwise. If you do come in peace, then disarm yourself.

Tenno: I think I’m comfortable with my weapons where they are as long as you have that thing pointed at me.

????: Then let's count to 3. 1, 2, 3. (both parties disarm.) That’s better. 

Tenno: The Saffron Emperor is one setback behind now.

????: Or biding his time.

Neutral: What do you mean by that?

????: He has the power to stop the Solar Rails. If he wanted to, he could pick apart your forces piece by piece. 

Tenno: But he hasn’t. 

????: Yet.

Neutral: Then take advantage of this hesitation, while there is time to keep the balance.

????: I can’t take that chance.

Tenno: Why?

????: I need proof that you’re worth the risk.

Moon: Yeah? Why shouldn’t I?

????: Of all - this is my house, Zariman child. Not a dojo, not a Grineer chemical plant. Your Cephalon tried to pick the lock and when that didn’t work you scurried in. You’re lucky I didn’t shoot you on sight. I almost did.

Tenno: Are you trying to intimidate me?

????: Yes. Stand down.

Tenno: (The Tenno drops the weapons of their Warframe.) Happy now?

????: Ecstatic. Now, did your Accord know that the Emperor was monitoring Mercury during the skirmishes there?

Moon: Then you’re at risk too. 

????: Whats one Warframe compared to the rest? I’m in no trouble. You on the other hand.

Tenno: So what? You’ve done your part and thats it?

????: I’ve wanted to see that place fall for years. I’ve done what I wanted.

Tenno: And the Emperor?

????: He’s waiting for something. I don’t think you understand.

Moon: Then help us send him to Void.

????: Didn’t you already try that a long time ago?

Tenno: He won’t survive this time.

????: Sure thing kid.

)

????: Lets stop there. 

Sun Majority: You say that you want to help the System? Find these arcane codices. They’re not going to be easy to close to and harder to bring here. I had another try to claim them for me, but that went nowhere. Prove otherwise. It might be the best thing you’ve done since you’ve awoken, Zariman.

Neutral Majority: So balance is the most important tool to you? Then balance your demand for answers for mine with materials. Arcane codices for information.

Moon Majority: You’ve come in here and demanded to be taken seriously, yet acted nothing but a child. I suppose you can’t hide what you truly are, Zariman. Prove me wrong and find these codices for me. Or maybe you are all talk.

????: I’ve sent the coordinates to your ship Cephalon. You can go now.

Tenno: How will I find you again?

????: Don’t worry about that. Codices first.

Tenno: Whats your name at least?

Raven: Raven. Bye.

The Dock of the structure opens, allowing a landing craft to dock.

Mission End.

Stepping off from the dock of the Derelict, Ordis is concerned.

Ordis: Operator, what happened in there?

Tenno: I don’t know Ordis. A Warframe spoke to me.

Ordis: A Warframe? How?

Tenno: I don’t know. She wanted me to gather some Arcane Codices. Did you receive a few sets of coordinates?

Ordis: I wondered who had sent them to me. 

Tenno: Theres something else. 

Ordis: Yes?

Tenno: Does the name Raven mean anything to you?

Ordis: YES/ can’t say I have, Operator.

Tenno: Yes or no?

Ordis: I apologise Operator, that was a glitch.

Tenno: Okay. Lets get to the first set of coordinates then Ordis.

Ordis: You have no questions to their motive of obtaining these Codices?

Tenno: I have too many questions, but this task is the only way I'll get answers.

Ordis: We could always always ask Simaris again? Maybe he knows-

Tenno: Maybe. Maybe Arghave knows something, too. Anything new from Teshin?

Ordis: Nothing concerning us, Operator.

Tenno: Okay then, let's get some answers.

The player can go to Simaris and Arghave after this mission on a relay and ask ‘Raven?’

Arghave: Raven? Used to be a bird on Earth, why do you ask?

Tenno: Came across a Warframe goes by that name, thought you might know something.

Arghave: I thought you would be the first to know - you sure it’s not one of your friends?

Tenno: Nothing else? Maybe this can help. *presents the feather*

Arghave: *Takes it, turning the thing around in his hands a couple of times.” Beautiful color, but no. I’ve not met this Raven of yours. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Simaris: The Sanctuary holds 300 different records on Raven species. Did you have one in mind?

Tenno: Theres a Warframe by that name.

Simaris: Our target?

Tenno: Yes. Do you have any other information on them?

Simaris: I can tell you where they came from.

Tenno: Yes?

Simaris: If your findings are in line with the data of Sanctuary, Lua, 1000 years ago at least. 

Tenno: Anything else?

Simaris: No. Until more is found, that is the extent that Sanctuary can assist. 

MIssion 4 - Freeport Plutus Magnus - Stealth

Spoiler

Ordis: The Coordinates point to a location on this Freeport, Operator. A note says the current owner of the codices is a - Oh my.

Tenno: What?

Ordis: A GIANT PIECE OF/ one of the major shareholders of OKLU Technical.

Tenno: So it won’t be easy, then.

Ordis: It will be anything but easy. Dropping you down as close as I can. KILL THEM ALL/ good luck.

This mission will be a test of your ability as an infiltrator, keeping out of sight and bypassing security systems without leaving a trace. If you are not able to get to the Codex before raising the alarms, the mission will result in failure. If you do, then expect a very bumpy ride getting out of there. The best strategy is to avoid engagement where possible.

After the mission, the player will get the following lore snippet alongside the end mission screen:

Spoiler

I’ve done a terrible thing. I’m to be executed, they tell me. Wouldn’t think that I would be given the privilege of a visit here. I want to scream, to tear this place apart. But that would be childish. I want this final, lasting memory of me to reveal a better man than that. Listen, Cave of Whispers, to my story.

No one enters Academy Induman with the fire of war in their hearts. For me, my passion was alchemy. I’m not afraid to admit that now. I chose something more safe: Void Research. It’s funny now looking back on it. My double life went well though, my proficiency taking me places far away from my humble beginnings. Albrecht would have been proud of my contribution to his legacy; making improvements to Void-realspace couplings, creating containment chambers for Void objects. 

But I must have screwed up somewhere. I was taken in front of the Seven. I thought that was it, I’d laughed at the wrong joke, or I wasn’t good enough for the uniform, or something like that. But it was the opposite; I was given a new position and new responsibilities. There was also something about a raise in my pay, but no time if any to spend it. I was going to be working on Lua, for the Warframe project. 

Why would a Void Archaemedian have a place working with Warframes? It was simple. The Orokin wanted to consider the next phase of Warframe use, the phase where they no longer need the Zariman children and have supreme martial power in the Origin System fully in the hands of those that they could trust and control: themselves. 

My attendants were wildly clever in their own ways, but their path upwards were crushed by competition and bureaucracy. They were to assist me in the Warframe side of things, while I was to handle the strings: a Transference Bolt that could be used by someone that wasn’t half something else. The powers that be made one mistake, with tragic consequences; I would never have given my patient so much care, had I not known that she, like me had dabbled in the alchemic arts. 

She had been on the run for weeks, using a loose network of contacts to bypass major control points and sleeping rough under the boughs of trees. Had it not been for a passing patrol at just the right moment, it would have been a different damned soul on my slab. She looked wild  and athletic, meeting the tale of her recovery, but with a comeliness that would have been enough for the lower rungs, but never beautiful for the Orokin. She opened her eyes just once and they shone like amber stars. I wished that she had never listened to Javi, that somehow, somewhere that she and I had met under different circumstances. I contemplated if this was love, as I fed her body poison.

I was unfit to continue, I knew as such. I could have come up with many different excuses for explaining my refusal to continue the project, but I also knew which wavelength and intensity The Seven’s rebuttal would have been under. I chose instead to withdraw to my lab, continuing the research from afar. The transformation had left the patient’s mind intact and her body monstrous enough for any of those distressing thoughts to be removed. I was lectured by my assistants on how the regular transference bolt worked and what shortcomings needed to be overcome for the project to be successful. It would be a difficult road ahead, not the least that the gap we would have to bridge was not filled by known science. 

Mission 5 - Orokin Tower, Phobos Void Proxima - Raid

Spoiler

Ordis: These coordinates point towards Pragya Tower.

Tenno: Does the name mean anything?

Ordis: Wisdom.

Tenno: I mean anything beyond that. Security, inventory, that kind of thing.

Ordis: I have the key for the tower saved in memory, but I do not remember ever visiting. 

Tenno: So be prepared for anything?

Ordis: Aren’t you, MY LITTLE BLOODLETTER/ Operator?

Tenno: Yes.

This mission will be a test of your ability to pass through the obstacle courses on Derelicts / Towers, a much longer test being presented here, including a memory puzzle like Lua Spy towards the end. 

After the mission, the player will get the following lore snippet alongside the end mission screen:

Spoiler

The next day, we woke up to see rough calculations scrawled into the glass with a sharp edge. The file had never mentioned what the patient had been before her time as a fugitive, not the least that she had also been a woman of science. She had been listening. Not all that she had written would work; there were errors here and there, but they were small. Communication would be established through a back and forth of written messages on glass against spoken word. In a matter of months, a theorem for a universal Transference Bolt was made. Unfortunately, for the project to progress, inspections would have to be made. 

Luckily for us, the inspector was more interested in ticking off a deed on his schedule than assessing what he saw. The writing on the glass? Making notes while inside the isolation chamber, never mind the fact that the handwriting on the glass pane and the memnibus didn’t match. He eyed the patient for a long time, before asking ‘I wonder what they think about?’ His business with us ended shortly after, giddy nervousness taking over my attendants and I as we celebrated getting away with what we assumed at the time to be a crime.

In the following months, we tested our experimental Transference Bolts on various animals that would prove the concept. Without a willing operator, it fell to me to be the pilot. Activating the device for the first time was a shock, but with time and experience I became used to the sensation of being in control of a body that was not my own. My attendants meanwhile had been given a request to begin power testing with the Warframe, to determine what use it would have in the war.  That would be the next mistake. 

Alchemy has many principles, Javi producing his seminal work on but one of them. The Warframe before us demonstrated another. With a random diaspora of items within the isolation chamber, she was able to produce startling results. My attendants saw it as Void sorcery, but I knew truly what it was. I also knew that if I presented a Warframe with this skill set to the Seven, all of us would be committed to Void. Direct intervention would be necessary. I waited until the middle of the night and donned my isolation suit, transference bolt in hand. I had not tested the device on the patient yet, but for both our sakes it was necessary. 

Nothing I did was to code. Firstly, the Warframe was not restrained while I entered the isolation chamber. During my initial briefing, I was told tales of those that dared do the same and their gory ends. Secondly, I was unaware of where the Warframe was while entering the isolation chamber. A subject leaving the chamber would have been disastrous. Thirdly, I was not supposed to show empathy while working on a Warframe. I suppose that rule had been broken for months, from the first moment that we needed her mind.

In the darkness, it was with difficulty to see more than a humanoid shape, the details and rough edges monstrous. But I was met with an amicable wave and an attempt at asking why I was here through gestures. She took the news lightly, given the circumstances and not once showed the nature that had been suggested. The Transference Bolt was met with more resistance, although the reassurance that she would be sedated during implantation was enough to allay some of her fear, up until I said that I would be able to hear her thoughts. 

Mission 6 - Vesta, ‘Vestige’- Negotiation

Spoiler

Ordis: The coordinates point towards a structure within this asteroid, Operator. 

Tenno: Any clues to what I’m looking for?

Ordis: ‘Paranoid and for good reason.’ Maybe this arcane codex was stolen?

Tenno: Could be. 

i-JyBUnFAp7FgFjJuMbQgaZzzXaFJt31fGiIU0fmTtZi4rkAAdCvaN_n1-6Wj_fzweAuA_YULOW7MkLWt2GuNv-8XgJ9cADcd9HMFvkhj68MNkK7UmezaKXOWU9P4A2JxpUguU0_

(Knowhere, from the movie: Guardians of the Galaxy)

Vestige is a settlement in a hollowed out section of Vesta, the main dock carved into a crater on its surface. A faded Orokin Ring surrounds this feature, the original metal replaced at various points by other crudely crafted and dull pieces of something else. A city lies beyond, the oldest structures buried deep into the rocks, with everything newer built atop a loose collection of platforms that piles from a point far below and reach to the top of the hollow. A fire kindles this place; one that is felt in every citizen that the Tenno passes and is seen in the charade cast by every window: life have never been easy for these people and their loyalties only go as far as they bargain their worth. It is easy to see where they see the Tenno

Sun aligned: by how they give the Tenno room to pass.

Neutral aligned: by how they stop and look at them from afar.

Moon aligned: by how they give them a wide berth.

Indeed, it is obvious that Warframes maintained a certain respect. So when the Tenno knocked the heavily secured front door of the target building and saw the look of surprise in the eyes that peered out at them through the security slit, but the door did not open in greeting, the Tenno knew for a fact that the coordinates were correct.

????: What do you want tin face? I have nothing and I’ve done nothing.

The Tenno leaves their Warframe.

????: What the #*!%?

(Sun:Reason: I know what you have. 

????: Yeah, I told you, nothing.

Tenno: I know you’re lying.

????: Who sent you? You been duped.

Reason: Think about it. You took something from someone - 

????: Vestige is the pits, kid. You think that narrows it down?

Tenno: You’d remember this one. Probably why you bought such a heavy door.

????: Did you hear what I just said?

Reveal: Raven wants her prize. 

????: Yeah? Well she’s not here. I owe that to her, not you.

Tenno: She knows where you live. She gave coordinates straight to your front door. The only thing stopping her from coming down here is me. Do you want to keep pretending?

The Tenno hears a scrambling behind the door. It opens, an object pushed out along the ground just enough to not get caught in the door.

????: Take that and get out of here.

Reason: I get it, you think you earned it. 

????: What? Earned what?

Tenno: The Arcane Codex that you were hired to find.

????: You’ve been fed a lie. Go bother someone else.

Tenno - > attempt to Negotiate or Press.

Negotiate: Someone that will pay you a lot of credits. Maybe even get you out of here.

????: You’re working with Corpus brass? You Tenno are slipping ...

Tenno: No, not Corpus.

????: Who else has enough credits for one of these? 

Coerce: Someone that is paying you more than me. You want to turn down a million credits?

????: A million? What do they want for a million?

Tenno: Got a rare Arcane Codex? 

????: Yeah. Wheres this money?

Tenno: Sent.

The Tenno hears a scrambling behind the door. It opens, an object pushed out along the ground just enough to not get caught in the door.

????: There.

Demand: I need to know that you have what I’m after first.

????: Thats not how this works. 

Tenno: It is if you want to get paid. 

????: I’m not going to just give it to you. No, I know what you Tenno can do. 

Tenno-> attempt to Reason or Press.

Press: Raven sent me. I know you stole something from her.

????: Huh?

Tenno: That codex you stole has a tracker in it. 

????: You’re bluffing. You have no idea what it is.

Browbeat: I’d expect a moron to understand when the game is up. Give up the Codex and this ends.

????: I wouldn’t start something in here. You want to go loud and no one will be on your side.

Tenno: You think your neighbours care about you?

????: Try it. I dare you.

Another person makes themself known by the slight click of a trigger.

???? 2: Hey Borkat, is this tin-suiter bothering you?

Borkat: No, they were just leaving

Major alignment Sun: Yes, but with the Codex.

Borkat: You got money? 

Tenno: 1 million credits.

Borkat: 2 and we’ll call it a deal.

Tenno: (if you have this much) 1 and a half.

Borkat: Done deal. Get lost.

Moon: [Shoot ???? 2]

This will start a small exterminate. Kill all the Origin Drifters that attack you. When you kill these attackers, this dialogue will start. If you don’t, mission failure.

Borkat: You monster! How could you? 

Tenno: They shot first.

Borkat: Take your damn Codex! 

Borkat: Piss off.

Press more: You know full well what the Raven wants.

????: So what? She never paid me and now she sends you here. You aren’t dealing with good people.

Tenno: You paid for this big heavy door though. Whats that? Chiltot? I don’t see anyone else using that round here.

????: This isn’t one heist’s success, kid. 

Tenno: Sure it isn’t. I know you have the codex in there. Hand it over.

Borkat: No, they were just leaving

This will start a small exterminate. Kill all the Origin Drifters that attack you. When you kill these attackers, this dialogue will start. If you don’t, mission failure.

)

(Neutral:Bargain: I’m the pilot of the Warframe. You have something that I want. Lets negotiate.

????: I told you I have nothing.

Tenno: Then I have no use for these Ducats.

????: How many Ducats? Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Tenno: I have 1000 ducats for an Arcane Codex. 

????: You can find a Arcane Codex for that much. If you want something specific you’re going to have to add a 0 on the end.

Haggle 2000.

????: I could get that much from that much from one of Maroo’s crew. No.

Tenno: I thought you didn’t have the Codex.

????: S#&$. 5000.

Tenno: 2500.

????: You’re wasting my time. 3000.

Tenno: Fine.

????: Now get out of here, kid.

Accuse:I think you have it yourself. How else would you know where multiple arcane codices are and whats on them?

????: You don’t get it.

Tenno: Whats to not understand here? You don’t look like you get out much.

????: #*!% you. Fine, I have it.

How much?: How much for the Codex?

????: I told you didn’t I?

Tenno: You wasted my time. 1000.

????: You have some nerve.

Tenno: You stole it in the first place.

????: Take it and get out of here.

Why lie: Why are you hiding it? 

????: I wanted to keep it, as a reminder.

Tenno: Of what?

????: What that *@##$ wanted for free.

Tenno: You won’t be able to keep it.

????: Then pay me.

Tenno: 1000.

????: Don’t come back.

Downplay: Theres nothing in that Codex worth that much.

????: Sure there isn’t. Thats why you came all the way down here for it. I’m not that dumb, kid.

Aggressive: What are you even going to do with it? You need the full codex to see anything on it. 

????: Then it sounds like you really need it.

Tenno: I wouldn’t expect anything less from the likes of you.

????: What are ‘we’ like huh?

Tenno: Thieving, greedy.

????: Yeah? Tell you what. 10000 or #*!% off.

[Pay 10000] - or fail the mission.

The Tenno hears a scrambling behind the door. It opens, an object pushed out along the ground, the Tenno grabs it quickly before the door crashes into it..

????: Jog on.

Haggle: Fine, but I’m not paying 10000 for it.

????: You try to pull a fast one on me then say you don’t want to pay full price? You’ve got some nerve.

Tenno: 5000.

????: I can see you making this difficult…. Fine.

????: Clear off.

)

(Moon:Threaten: I can do a lot more than that.

????: Oh yeah? Do it somewhere else, freak.

Tenno: I just popped out of thin air and you want to insult me?

????: Whatever, what do you want?

Tenno: You know what I want.

????: Oh yeah and whats that?

Tenno: I don’t have time for this.

????: Then why come down here? You came down here for nothing, kid.

[Unlock the door with a Void Blast]

The door slowly rolls open on it’s hinges. The contact is revealed, along with a hoard of items in the room beyond.

????: What? How did you do that?

Tenno: Just kid stuff. 

????: What did you do to my door? #*!%ing hell.

Tenno:  I picked the lock. No need to act like a baby.

????: Fine. What do you want?

You wasted my time: The time you wasted.

The Tenno transfers back into their Warframe, advancing to the contact. They cower away from your advance, slipping and falling as they try to get away.

????: What are you doing?

The screen fades to black. 

The codex has been taken, as has the contact’s life.

The Codex, now: Give me the Codex.

????: Fine. It’s been nothing but trouble. Take the damn thing.

[Transfer back into your Warframe and begin priming your weapons.]

????: What are you doing?

The Tenno transfers back out.

Tenno: Just making sure that I’m ready for what happens next.

????: Whats that supposed to mean?

Give me the Codex: I’m giving you 5 seconds to hand over the codex.

????: Yeah right.

Tenno: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

The Tenno transfers back into the Warframe, taking on a threatening pose.

????: Okay. Here.

[Force the door open]

????: Hey idiot. This is a Corpus Door. Now Fob off.

Borkat: No, they were just leaving.

[Rip the door off it’s hinges]

The Tenno focusses on the door, using their void sight to see where the door connected to the rest of the building. 

????: Hey, what are you doing?

The Tenno transfers back into their Warframe and with a sharp pull, tears the door from the wall. 

????: What the #*!%!

The Warframe drops the door to one side, the Tenno transferring back out.

Tenno: Give me the Codex.

????: #*!% it, here.

[Spare him]

You take the Codex.

[Kill him]

You take the Codex and something else..

)

The Warframe walks back to the dock, feeling eyes on the prize they had taken.

(If killed one or more residents) and the blood on their hands.

Mission End

Ordis: Operator, you got the Codex! This is an excellent result!

Tenno: Lets not come back here soon, Ordis.

Ordis: Understood.

Tenno: Wheres the next Codex?

Ordis: A Grineer facility on Sedna, I believe.

Spoiler

Total Immersion of body and mind, is what the Zariman children are masters of. Maybe that's how they do it, fighting for lords that despise them. For all I knew, that reason could have been why she refused so vehemently. I resigned the matter till another time, but insisted on the first, being the most important to fix. Despite being very out of practice, I showed how her alchemical knowledge could be combined with some void manipulation, some obtuse sleight of hand helping hide the rituals. Only a very sharp eye would pay attention to the intricacies of the gesticulation over the results. She adapted to the changes quickly, but refinement took us long into the night. 

I suppose that was the action that set me on the path to why I am even here, telling this story now. I don’t know where she is, I promise. For all I know, she’s here, listening to me now. If you are Tesera, I’m sorry. My hands were tied long before I met you, Damned, had things been different, it would have been me on your table, under your watchful gaze. 

I woke up in the isolation chamber. A random visit by another Archimedian had caught me asleep against a refinement tank, the Warframe lounging nearby. “Hey!” They shouted, out of panic. “Hey, are you alright?” They cried. “I can get you out of there. Where are your attendants?” I woke up at that, seeing the fear in their eyes, which darted between me and the nonchalant patient as he put on an isolation suit. She was sitting with her legs crossed, usual for my observations; she meditated during the morning, but for this newcomer, a stance ready to pounce at a moments notice. Her head moved to track mine as I got to my feet, an unsettling movement for a face without eyes. The door to the room was flung open, this new face darting in, grabbing me by the arm and pulling me out.

“Are you injured? Did that thing break the suit anywhere?” He asked. I only felt the crick in my neck from lying on the unusual steps and the grogginess of sleeping for less than an hour. I responded that nothing had happened, pointing to the calculations on the glass. I lied that I had been preparing the Warframe from transference bolt insertion and that I had dozed off  midway through. The Warframe had slipped its bonds. I absorbed the incredulous expression of my colleague by station, knowing by his reckoning I was the luckiest idiot alive. 

He left after chewing me out, eyeing the Warframe that I knew was standing behind me. The incident was reported. I became something of a topic of gossip for a time - The Archimedian that slept in front of a lion, or some other less generous names being tossed about. It was insane, I admit it. Nothing about our correspondence made the nature of the Warframe without a barrier between us as safe. But here was proof. Further progress in any matter was delayed by visits for ‘the safe Warframe’ by curious Orokin lords and ladies who wanted to look at the curiosity and puzzle as to what had made a beast behave so.

Finally, after months of delay, a single statement scratched through all the others in the glass: I AM READY. It was obvious as to what, but the fact that her consent had been given so boldly made me wonder exactly what she was hiding all this time. Perhaps she was hiding fugitives, or family. It made little sense either way, it would not be admissible evidence. The actual reason was dismissed as an afterthought. 

The Transference Bolt was inserted without incidence or complaint. I turned on the operator precept and had to abort immediately. It was a resounding success, complete immersion was achieved. There was only one problem. Three little words entered my head from hers. I’ll let you figure it out. I couldn’t, I wouldn’t continue. That same fear that had overcome me almost a year ago now came back. I didn’t know what to do. If I consigned her to grave, we would have to start from the beginning. She had taken very well to the Helminth, beyond the expectations of any of us and another patient would present a new set of challenges. I couldn’t scramble her mind, all the intricacies that we had worked out depended on her focus and besides, if she were able to prove her brilliance during her demonstration to The Seven, perhaps she could have a continued life beyond a weapon of war. 

Mission 7: Akusis Facility, Sedna - Ruin

Spoiler

Tenno: Tell me more about this location, Ordis.

Ordis: Lets see. Akusis Facility, built by Anyo Corp. Hmm interesting. 

Tenno: What is it?

Ordis: According to this cipher, the Arcane Codex is the central key of the mainframe!

Tenno: Great, so I’m sneaking in through the vents. 

Ordis: I would consider a different strategy, Operator. This facility exists to profit off of suffering. Take the Codex, then BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND.

This will be a sabotage mission, with a twist. You will need to bypass some security checkpoints without being detected. After this, enter the main mainframe complex and power down the reactor. Take the Arcane Codex, then trigger the reactor to meltdown. Kill any Corpus elites in the area. 

Ordis: That should be enough. Come back to the ship.

Mission End.

Spoiler

In hindsight, the dismissal of both options I should have taken already showed that I was compromised. I certainly broke the third rule from earlier. But I never chose this position. I want to know what composition those who churn out Warframe after Warframe have, using all kinds of torture to get the perfect soldier for the war. They would not have blinked before giving either order and slept soundly that night. But I was not of that composition. My situation gave me a third option: I chose to maintain a professional distance, disengaging whenever a deviation from the science was proposed by her. 

I was dancing with failure and I knew it. How was I supposed to maintain a professional distance when I was spending as much time within her mind as I was thinking about how to handle a situation that was becoming unsustainable. She was funny, creative and broken. Guilt from my part in her history slowly dragged me in. I listened, intently. Only for the purposes of perfecting the tools, I told myself, but even I knew I was kidding myself. I dismissed my assistants, continuing the project alone. 

I remember one session shortly after, before we gave her a name, her Warframe name, that made what happened seem inevitable. Her mind clouded with a dream. She had come from Ganymede, the strange blue green grass clouds floating lazily overhead. She was as she had been when she was on the right side of the law and I was about 6 years younger and more muscular than I had ever been. We were holding hands. One of the clouds passed overhead, covering her side of the bench in shadow. Her hand became clawed and black, but still I held onto it. Dax appeared, separating us forcefully.The pain of that moment resonated in her mind,until we both transformed into birds, flying into the sky. 

A bird theme seemed inevitable given how often they appeared in these daydreams. Given the nature of the abilities that she had been able to create and her favourite holiday, Naberus, we decided on Raven. I suppose it was only fitting that the incident at Uclin’s Court brought an end to their Naberus parties. 

I trained her further in Void Theory, teaching her the core principles. She was no longer using the safe principles of the Academy Inscrutabilis, but rather adapting her own. Her request for her own test subject, a rat, was easy to find. I watched as she enchanted an inconspicuous object first with alchemy, then a strange set of stances that appeared to be dancing. She flung the object at the rat and I watched in horror as the rat grew into something monstrous, then vapourised into a fine mist. 

I didn’t know what to make of it. The implications such a power brought on could get us killed. Worse, if it was revealed that alchemy could do such a thing, or that Void Theory had a hand in it, another field would enter the dead end mutation graveyard of The Great Plan and much of the technology the Orokin way of life relied on would come under scrutiny with it. Anyone, even the Entrati Patriarch would be discredited as charlatans, or worse. Overthinking, on my part at the time, but the me that was in that room thought it was obvious that for both our sakes that she hid such an ability from the Executors. She responded by pointing a finger crudely to her temple. I activated the Transference Bolt. “Since you will be my pilot, nothing bad will happen, ever again.” She thought. I had to shut it down, with some sense. I could have been lighter on her, but I had to tell the truth. I grimaced, saying “After the demonstration, it’s likely we’ll never see each other again. You’ll be sent off to Tau and I'll remain here.”  The effect was immediate. I was shut out of her mind, out of the loop. 

Mission 8 -Black Rho #78A - Black Seed Corpse Ship #18A - Assault

Spoiler

Ordis: The coordinates point toward this sector, Operator. 

Tenno: What are you looking for, Ordis?

Ordis: A ship. Corpus freighter class … I’m picking up a signature, but it’s … This must be it. The note reads slight external Technocyte Infestation. Time has run its course. Deploying Archwing Module.

This will be a 3 part assault mission. Part 1 will be trying to get into the ship with the Archwing. Similar to the Balor Fomorian mission, a selection of Tethers will impede your progress, however these ones, known as Lyso Anemone and Toxi Anemones will create clouds within themselves that will create pools of Toxin and Corrosive vapour. 

Mutalist Gox and an entirely new Mutalist Arrotox - Think a Corpus Ranger armed with a heavier Phage- will compliment the Infested roster,

Part 2 will take you into the bowels of the ship, disabling multiple defence nodes and killing multiple Hive guardian creations. The final part will be to take the Arcane Codex and disable the Triuna field holding back the Infested creatures from the bridge module, then getting out of there while you still can.

Mission End.

Spoiler

The next few days were difficult. Designing her exoskeleton for the demonstration was the last thing we did together, then silence. A Dax attendant arrived one day, asking what she was specialised in, the next day she was wheeled out with a Zariman child. I had thought that the peace would have allowed me to relax, but I found myself restless. I had completed the Transference Project months ago, but only because of her help. My memnibus had only gotten a complete blueprint because of her contribution and in response, I had shown cruelty. I figured that a momentary slip back into the pilot’s seat would be enough to clear things up. What I didn’t expect to see the barbarous surgeons, flensing her skin without a sedative, nor the sadistic microsurgeons implanting feather roots into the still raw wounds. I wasn’t going to be able to clear this up.  

The Raven that left and the Raven that came back were completely different. One had been a metal imitation of a human being, with a mind that was anything but. The other was a monster, that paced back and forth, shooting daggers with her violet eyes that said all that transference would have in a single glare. Her transformation made her what they wanted, I had thought: the soldier that would go to Tau and never look back. But there was one last hurdle, the one thing that both Raven’s liked; a Naberus party. 

Kieran Uclin, rest his soul, was an adventurous type. He was one of the first financiers of the Void Tower exposure experiments and spent a year aboard one to see if the technology worked.  He had travelled past the Outer Terminus in a Vectorwing to see if the Tau Rail allowed craft to travel on it. When he came through the doors of the lab saying that he wanted to borrow the ‘safe Warframe’ as a prop for Naberus, I didn’t blink twice. 

We know what happened next. 83 dead, 7 of them from the Uclin Family. A rogue Warframe on the loose. I didn’t do it, I swear to you. I didn’t cause it either. The Warframe did it on her own. How was I to know that she had extracted the Lab code from my mind and would ambush me between the hours of 17:00 and 19:00, That she had access to her weaponry and would be fully armed when entering the Naberus party? That the power she had been instructed not to use raised the death toll and left one creature Dax could not kill to run around the court grounds for 11 hours?

I’ve destroyed my memnibus, good luck figuring out your project without her or me. The Dax that searched me also didn’t do a good job, but how could they have figured out what 3 shards of Tiametrine, a root of Livanash and 2 treated feathers of a Oxiamtri would be useful for? Tesera, my Raven. I don’t know when you will find me, only that when you do that you will accept me, just as I did you.

We will fly out of the reach of the Orokin, together.

Ordis: Operator, you’ve gotten all the parts of Arcane Codex, the data within can now be deciphered. Is the Operator pleased?

Tenno: I’m not sure, Ordis. 

Ordis: What do you mean? You collected an Arcane Codex, surely that must mean -

Tenno: It’s this story. It’s Raven’s story. She’s not having us run an errand, she’s trying to remember how she made that weapon. 

Ordis: What do you mean? Oh. The Naberus Massacre. Doesn’t that mean she’s on our side? Surely that is what that story entails.

Tenno: No Ordis. It means she is on her side. She wasn’t even presented to The Seven. She is a rogue Warframe, an Exilus.

Ordis: We don’t know the author - maybe this was a legend?

Tenno: I don’t think that Raven sent us to collect a lore tome, Ordis. 

Ordis: So what should we do, Operator?

Tenno: Give her the Codices. She wants to fight the same enemies as us.

Ordis: Okay, Operator THIS IS A TRAP/be careful.

Mission 9 - Amber Branch

Spoiler

The dock of the derelict opens up as the landing craft approaches, a single figure standing as the waiting party. Raven. 

Raven: Did you get the Codices? 

Tenno: Yes. What are you planning to do with them?

Raven: It depends on whats in them. Did you look?

Tenno: No.

Raven: You had a think while you were away, doing my errand. Fine. Walk with me. I’ll show you what I want to do the Codices you’ve gathered.

Raven leads the Tenno deep into the structure, past the gardens and onward through the living area of the ship. Here, the personal effects of other people lie. One resembled a jewelworkers shop, many tiny pieces of metal spread out over a single table that dominated the room, surrounding a prone metal figure. Another was barren on one side, the other torn up, save for the spot where an oversized metal gavel leans head first against a wall. A wrought iron forge lies in another, along with an anvil of ancient design. A few more rooms peel off in a direction that Raven does not take the Tenno down. There is one glaring omission however; no one else is in sight. Finally. The journey ends after they leave the living quarters, the causeway of the side ending at this final, massive room. Raven and the Tenno stand on a platform, elevated above a truly stunning sight. Thousands of isolation  pods lie below, a Warframe lying in each. They all stand around a single arcane structure, the construction not merely being Orokin, but a mixture of Void technologies and something else. It lies as dormant as the Warframes around it.

Tenno: What is this? What are you doing to them?

Raven: The Zariman children were a gift to the Orokin. After they created the Warframes, each child was able to fight in the war, the bodies of soldiers, Dax, defectors, rebels and volunteers becoming the tip of the Orokin’s spear. In reality, most of them were sent out there to die. The Orokin cared very little about human life and even less about those like me.

Tenno: So what? You’re turning them back into humans?

Raven: No, but I’m returning their Oro to them.

Tenno: Why?

Raven: Because if their Oro is returned, then every Warframe could fight at all times. Think about it: there could be a Warframe brokering peace out there at every node of the Solar Rails.

Tenno: Restoring their Oro? How?

Raven: I don’t expect you to know or care, but that device is the difference between a few hundred Tenno and a few thousand - unlimited even.

Tenno: Tenno? Or whatever you created at the Uclin Court?

Raven: How could you - So you did read something of the Codices - their imprint. Fine. The Author of the Codices you possess wanted to recreate the same creature I created at that Orokin’s vainglorious feast, only refine it with a better control matrix. She died before I could get to her - an unfortunate thing. But, she did manage to write her theory beforehand. That is what you now possess.

Tenno: Will they work with the Accord?

Raven: They will be their own people, their own Warframes. Some of them might. Maybe that will make more join your side, I don’t know. But it will be their choice.

Tenno: Why are you actually doing this?

Raven: Do you want to question my decisions?

Tenno: How is what you’re doing now any better than not joining the Accord?

Raven: I never said that I wouldn’t. I told you to focus on your allies. Thanks to them, we lost access to a complete genetic key when Ballas slipped away with his Pilum of Command.

Tenno: His what?

Raven: His arm.

Tenno: But that meant - I couldn’t get close to his body before he was taken.

Raven: You were there?

Tenno: I was the one that stabbed him, with the Warframe Umbra.

Raven: I overestimated you. Do you realise what you’ve done? Everything that is and will happen at the hands of the Saffron Emperor … You need to cut off his arm. I order you to. If we can access the Emperors subroutines, we can stop this War against the Saffron Emperor, even stop the Sentients too. 

Tenno: I didn’t see you at the Dax Mausoleum helping. 

Raven: I don’t have a combat ready Cephalon to help me. I don’t have an Orbit class carrier. I don’t have access to military line Solar Rail precepts. Do I need to go on? It was all you. I don’t expect you to know everything, but you could have done so much. Instead, now we have this.

Tenno: Here’s your da-

Raven: Okay. Okay. Okay. Combat is messy. You can’t complete every objective each time because nothing goes as planned. You didn’t even know the truth of the situation until I told you. So now, I am asking you to trust me so that nothing further is lost.

The Tenno hands the Arcane Codices to Raven.

Tenno: When will these warframes be operational?

Raven: Who knows? Weeks? Months? But I won’t do it alone.

A drone floats towards the platform from the living quarters. 

????: I will assist, just as I always have. Ah, the Zariman Child. Thank you for assisting with the procurement of the codices. Now the true work can begin. 

Raven: Crona, this is a Tenno.

Crona: I see. Greetings Tenno.

Tenno: A Cephalon?

Crona: Seven Bless you. I am an Archimedian. 

Tenno: (pausing in disbelief) We can protect The Amber Branch, safeguard your work. 

Raven: Tenno, I won’t put this lightly. Many of the others suffered at the hands of the Tenno. It’s likely you have forgotten it, what part you played in the breaking process. If it comes down to war, they will not be on your side.

Tenno: And you?

Raven: I do not know. Know only that your reward has been sent to your ship’s Cephalon. Consider it a gift for your troubles. May you have good fortune out on the Rails.

Quest End.

Epilogue

The Codices you gathered have pardoned your actions on Mercury, Tenno. This does not mean that our goals are intertwined, far from it, but it shows that you have merit. Perhaps in time, this situation will resolve itself; either old grievances buried, or you will come in time to consider becoming one of us, truly. There are others who have already made that choice, ones who have seen the needless death of your path for what it truly is. You and those who walk by your side. Fight with purpose, not for the sake of fighting.

Time will give you time to think.

Do not lose your way.

-Raven

Reward:

Raven Blueprint and parts. A rundown of what the Warframe is capable of can be found here .

100,000x credits

6000 Kuva

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: This is the single longest document in the thread, sitting at 41 pages. Who knew writing branching dialogue added a few pages? 

I will be taking a break for a couple weeks. 

Hope that you enjoy the quest. 

Til then.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

On 2021-12-02 at 12:48 PM, Teoarrk said:

Note: This is the single longest document in the thread, sitting at 41 pages. Who knew writing branching dialogue added a few pages? 

Literally, everybody.  There is a reason DE mostly abandoned this feature it triples the work for the writting team and it mostly create meaninless choices because since this is mutiplier game at the end of the day all players must live on the same world so the game can´t give you widly diferent results on the end of a quest. 

the only way I see it being possible to truly feel like your reputation made a diference was if we had more civilian hubs and your reputation was mostly reflected into coments of the civilian population and their overall behavior towards the player. 

Also man your feature necromancy knows no bonds, even night wave stuff. Granted using it for ambience on a story quest should be easy enought and these investigation schenes where the only time I payed close atention to a tile set so it can be naeat 

I really liked the adition off optional boss fights that can be enterely skipped with proper use off stealth. On a game about "space ninjas " it´s genunely surprising that there only a mission type where not getting spoted is the best way to deal with the situation at hand. Also there a fair few sleath segments on the quest line

At last it´s rather lovely that there is a mission that can be solved by just taliking . There are quest segments that are just talking but those are just expo dumps , there is no conflict on the conversation. This one is rather diferent. 

Good call back to old quest where you did get the entire warframe by the end of it. 

I really like this 

a bit of a side note mission the titles for mission 1 and 7 have diferent formating from the rest, looks like you forgot to put them in bold letters

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, keikogi said:

a bit of a side note mission the titles for mission 1 and 7 have diferent formating from the rest, looks like you forgot to put them in bold letters

It's strange. No matter how much I fiddle around with them they come out looking anaemic. In the original Doc they're all the same heading size and font. 

26 minutes ago, keikogi said:

At last it´s rather lovely that there is a mission that can be solved by just taliking . There are quest segments that are just talking but those are just expo dumps , there is no conflict on the conversation. This one is rather diferent. 

Good call back to old quest where you did get the entire warframe by the end of it. 

I really like this 

Glad that it paid off, happy to please :)

27 minutes ago, keikogi said:

the only way I see it being possible to truly feel like your reputation made a diference was if we had more civilian hubs and your reputation was mostly reflected into coments of the civilian population and their overall behavior towards the player. 

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I wanted either different hubs or different npcs to talk with you depending on alignment in current Open Worlds. That would probably also mean I need to review Hahn Abi, but I figure when I finish this current series and get back to Mars then I can consider what to do next for that area. Baba Abi may be the mayor of that city, but that doesn't mean he has to be the only quest giver/conversational NPC.

42 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I really liked the adition off optional boss fights that can be enterely skipped with proper use off stealth. On a game about "space ninjas " it´s genunely surprising that there only a mission type where not getting spoted is the best way to deal with the situation at hand. Also there a fair few sleath segments on the quest line

I worked with what I wanted in game so that was more or less how I took it.

44 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Also man your feature necromancy knows no bonds, even night wave stuff. Granted using it for ambience on a story quest should be easy enought and these investigation schenes where the only time I payed close atention to a tile set so it can be naeat 

I really liked the investigation feature of Nightwave 3. If you look back to my Pet Quest it also had an investigation scene. In a game where knowing an area is the difference between finding a Kuria or not, encouraging players to really look should be something that comes up more often.

47 minutes ago, keikogi said:

At last it´s rather lovely that there is a mission that can be solved by just taliking . There are quest segments that are just talking but those are just expo dumps , there is no conflict on the conversation. This one is rather different. 

I'll be honest I was watching some videos on choices from Mass Effect 2 while writing the quest and found out just how much was hidden there that I didn't see as a Paragon player. I wanted to tap into that a bit, especially with Raven. 

50 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Literally, everybody.  There is a reason DE mostly abandoned this feature it triples the work for the writting team and it mostly create meaninless choices because since this is mutiplier game at the end of the day all players must live on the same world so the game can´t give you widly diferent results on the end of a quest. 

True. I was thinking about adding another branching conversation at the end, but I had been writing out the quest for about 3 weeks and I wanted to call it there. I even considered having an option to give the arcane codices to different npcs instead of Raven and really open up the ending. In the end I am still happy with how it turned out.

• Like 1

Now onto ongoing bee quest -

On 2021-12-02 at 2:00 PM, keikogi said:

first bees mild cc (inaros 4 but no healing ) 

This is a good opening ability. If it affects enemies in a 35 degree arc up to a range of 15 metres, that will make it a good combo with a ranged weapon.

tap attack bee , hold gatherer bee. Gathering i don´t know what depends on the subthemes can be blood , meat , void nonsense , loot 

Maybe the attack form could be a progressively increasing dot like Saryn's Spores. For Gathering bees, it could increase her loot vacuum range to affinity range. I know that I am a big fan of gimmicks, but keeping it simple might make it easier to get into.

Contestual skill , depending on the target the availible bee will take apropriate action ( hold to self target ) 

Ally - make a shield a around 

Enemy - each bee type wiill make an especial attack 

Corpses/ground d - descrete like effect |( no loot just health , ammo and energy ) 

Object - loot everything around 

A toolbelt ability could be nice. 

I would turn the 4 faces you have into 3 though.

• Protect - Grants allies within 30 metres a shield that grants them additional health and immunity from statuses for 12 seconds or until the shield depletes.
  • Assault - All enemies within 18 metres take 300 Toxin damage and have a 25% chance to become open to Parazon Finishers.
  • Harvest - There is a 35% chance for all dropped loot within 30m to be duplicated. Destructible objects and lockers will be destroyed/opened.

Ultimate 

Living Swarm -  Anaphylax's physical body separates into individual bees. The bees form a swarm that attacks all nearby enemies for x True damage. If the enemies are below 40% health/ are afflicted by 7 or more statuses, they are killed instantly.

Thoughts guys? @(XBOX)Fluffywolf36 @keikogi

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I wanted either different hubs or different npcs to talk with you depending on alignment in current Open Worlds. That would probably also mean I need to review Hahn Abi, but I figure when I finish this current series and get back to Mars then I can consider what to do next for that area. Baba Abi may be the mayor of that city, but that doesn't mean he has to be the only quest giver/conversational NPC.

That could work 

I'll be honest I was watching some videos on choices from Mass Effect 2 while writing the quest and found out just how much was hidden there that I didn't see as a Paragon player. I wanted to tap into that a bit, especially with Raven. 

Did not play mass effect but I´ve heard of it quite a lot about it. But my friend told me sometimes feels really intense 

True. I was thinking about adding another branching conversation at the end, but I had been writing out the quest for about 3 weeks and I wanted to call it there. I even considered having an option to give the arcane codices to different npcs instead of Raven and really open up the ending. In the end I am still happy with how it turned out.

Mutiple choices especially at the end can convolute things to a hilarous degree. I´m glad you did not burden yourself with it. 

7 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Maybe the attack form could be a progressively increasing dot like Saryn's Spores. For Gathering bees, it could increase her loot vacuum range to affinity range. I know that I am a big fan of gimmicks, but keeping it simple might make it easier to get into.

We can kind of do away with the expecialization and just make them act acording to last comand. 

A toolbelt ability could be nice. 

I would turn the 4 faces you have into 3 though.

• Protect - Grants allies within 30 metres a shield that grants them additional health and immunity from statuses for 12 seconds or until the shield depletes.
  • Assault - All enemies within 18 metres take 300 Toxin damage and have a 25% chance to become open to Parazon Finishers.
  • Harvest - There is a 35% chance for all dropped loot within 30m to be duplicated. Destructible objects and lockers will be destroyed/opened.

Thats a nice simplification 

ltimate 

Living Swarm -  Anaphylax's physical body separates into individual bees. The bees form a swarm that attacks all nearby enemies for x True damage. If the enemies are below 40% health/ are afflicted by 7 or more statuses, they are killed instantly.

I feel like there are 2 things wrpng. First ,  Removal of player agency ( ash ult in another flavour since the player goes away). Second the aditional status effect afliction seens random on a kit that so far has no relation with status effects. I would not bat an eye if this was a lavos thing given that his entire stick 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I feel like there are 2 things wrpng. First ,  Removal of player agency ( ash ult in another flavour since the player goes away). Second the aditional status effect afliction seens random on a kit that so far has no relation with status effects. I would not bat an eye if this was a lavos thing given that his entire stick 

The idea here was that it would be a very fast ability, like a couple seconds. During that time you would be able to move around but not attack as a ghostly shell of the Warframe. The idea for the conditions on instant death was due to the fact that bee stings very rarely kill unless you are either very sick or weakened by something else. 

Mutiple choices especially at the end can convolute things to a hilarous degree. I´m glad you did not burden yourself with it. 

It would have also required a great degree of additional lore out of nowhere. Then, I would have to create a situation where Raven and the Exilus hated us for our decision, but not enough to change the situation going forward and eeeeh that would have felt so fake.

Did not play mass effect but I´ve heard of it quite a lot about it. But my friend told me sometimes feels really intense 

I would recommend the series. The third one gets a lot of flak for its ending, but there are mods out there that fix it.

We can kind of do away with the expecialization and just make them act acording to last comand. 

That also works, yeah. Then this ability could exist as a buffer.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

Quickie: (Syke, still here): A living, breathing Origin System

Credit to @(NSW)Cosmiccakecat@(NSW)HoodieDeku@Unus, @(XBOX)Fluffywolf36 and @exturkconner for either presenting an idea to me or inspiring me.

This is something that has been a long time coming and will be imperative for the ongoing Technocyte Schism. 

Nothing amazing will be unveiled in this post,  just a way of categorising the conditions across each planet and further strengthening the connection between nodes. With a systemwide conflict, it is very difficult to feel the full brunt of that without life being breathed into each planet or moon.  Therefore, this post hopes to address that in some way. I won't try to create entire cultures here, but rather describe the nature of these worlds.

Firstly, I am going to describe @(NSW)Cosmiccakecat's baby - a chain travelling mission system. Doing a mission has 3 basic steps: Going to Navigation on the Orbiter > Doing the mission > Returning to the Orbiter. What Cosmic presents is a different final step.  Instead of having to return to base at the end of a mission, the player could choose to continue on to another adjacent node, thus allowing a player to complete an entire planet in one continuous mission, much in the same way as Proximas for Railjack content. 

Unlike Railjack, where the transit between one mission and the next is a cutscene, you would be hoofing it from one area to the next. Therefore, it would be possible to encounter situations along the way, like missions or rare finds. These would be opt in adventures, sort of like Incursions from Plains of Eidolon, opt in extra adventures for players that don't mind the extra time investment. This would be an ideal scenario for the special zones Lovell's List (Cosmic's idea however predates the intricacies of that system) describes without having to needlessly distract from the focus of a given mission, rather being a solo or group adventure apart from external mission factors. 

These joining areas could also be a good opportunity for worldbuilding. The strategic areas that make up our missions could be done away with for terrain, either natural or manmade to really get a feel for the worlds that we are fighting over.

In addition to this, special conditions could be made for each planet, dwarf planet, or moon. 

Mercury - Scorching heat, Freezing shade - standing in sunlight for too long will start to apply Heat Damage to you. Standing in shade will drain shields.

Venus - The Endless Winter - 20% of Cold Damage is converted to True Damage.

Earth - Our Poisoned Home - Allies and enemies have 20% less armor. Weapons have a 10% chance to jam while reloading.

Lua - Glories Long Past - Void Portals can appear, allowing the player to exist in both the present and the past.

Mars - Arid Planet - Heat Statuses burn twice as long.

Phobos - Corpus Resonance field - Shields are 20% larger and have 5% resistance to Magnetic Damage.

Deimos - Pulse of the Void - +2 Energy regen, +30% Operator ability efficiency.

Ceres - Altra's Legacy - +5% movement speed,  Projectiles move 20% faster.

Jupiter - Alad V's Gaze - Corpus Enemies will be reinforced by Zanuka Hunters as field bosses.

Europa - The Bones of Riddha - Dead drops of supplies and rare mods can be found.

Saturn - Martial Law - Grineer forces will mostly consist of units capable of disarming, or stunning the Tenno.

Uranus - The Destroyer Slumbers Fitfully - Sentient forces will scan for Tenno periodically.

Neptune - Nef's Back Pocket - Debt bonds will be among the loot of elite enemies found here. Tera experimental proxies will make up robotic troops.

Pluto - Growth and Profit - Drop ships and lockdowns will be very common. Enemies will drop more credits while an Ambulas is active.

Sedna - Glory of Rathuum - Lich Larvalings on this planet will be Rathuum veterans. Each will have one or more abilities of The Executioners.

Eris - Mutalist's Bounty - Mutalist Eximuses will be more common. Eximuses of this type will fire Pherliac pods at the player, increasing enemy speed when you are hit. Random Hive Modifiers will be present in each mission.

Kuva Fortress - Royal Service - Kuva Guardians will bestow prosecutor fields onto nearby enemies. Further types of Kuva Guardians will bolster their ranks. Kuva Jesters will provide similar buffs and debuffs to Regulators.

Void - Living Remnants - Orokin Ciphers will be required to activate obstacle courses, however among their loot will be corrupted mods for Archwing and Necramechs. Null sentry drones will make up the roster, that can summon Dax spectres to bolster the Corrupted's ranks.

All these things however, are easier said than done. Changes to the Starchart are coming with The New War. I look forward to seeing them.

Till then.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quickie: Happy New Years & Thoughts on the New War 

Happy New Year everybody! Hope that your 2022 is a good reprieve from the harrowing last couple of plague ridden years we have had. May success and good fortune be with you all!

Now, passing thoughts on The New War. 

+ Longer experience than anticipated. I finished it in 3 and a half hours and it didn't feel like a rug pull of a story. 

+ a lot of new concepts added to the universe. 

+ Apostle designs were great.

- incoherent character development at times and rushed story beats at others. 

- many situations were left open to interpretation in a bad way.

- Ballas, Erra, Stalker and Hunhow had a sudden change of character that made me accept them as they were rather than feeling in line with established characterization.

- Post quest support is not great. I did get everything but it wasn't the greatest transition to return to mostly business as usual with very few changes.

Part 5 is being worked on. I am working on some odds and ends and preparing some worldbuilding. 

Til Then.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Ballas, Erra, Stalker and Hunhow had a sudden change of character that made me accept them as they were rather than feeling in line with established characterization.

Given that stalker and hunhow where chilling for so long in the Depths of uranos I don't mind their change that much. Hunhow is somewhat in character because he always seemed more concerned with Natha than the orokin blight or any other human. Stalker idk we just don't have much info on his feelings to know why would he change. 

Erra was a disappointment all the way thought. 

Ballas was just weird. Too much all arconding to keikaku vibes. 

45 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Post quest support is not great. I did get everything but it wasn't the greatest transition to return to mostly business as usual with very few changes.

I was expecting a new solar map even if it was limited to just 1 or two planets.

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1