Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mappable melee combo controls / inputs, please?

Tyreaus

Decisive Judgement has a pretty wicked neutral combo with free movement in the first three hits - but I can't use that walking forward.

Iron Phoenix has a nice two-hit strike that allows free movement - but I can only use that walking forward.

Block combos (with quick melee) aim guns briefly and it feels like my eyes are trying to thrust into the screen like some weird neo-techno cyber-erotica.

If I could perform those combos holding sprint, tab, a second mouse button, or just something else, those wouldn't be problems. So...it'd be nice to have that.

If we can set Bullet dance's Automatic rumba with simply pressing many Forward + E (or LMB in melee mode) and Magnum Mambo by pressing E (/LMB).

It would be even better (but it would require more work) if you can build your own combo/stance.

+1.

Even if we're restricted within the same 4 activators (E, W+E, Aim+E, W+Aim+E), I would love the ability to edit combo inputs for certain stances. Iron Phoenix especially-- it would feel so good to use if the Forward and Neutral combos weren't completely backwards for some reason.

They really just need to go through and redo all the combos intelligently. This is what I actually thought they were doing with Melee 2.999999 or whatever they're calling it these days, and thought that's why it was taking so long. Then we got the update that changed the combos... and it was just a mess. What a huge disappointment. It actually made things even worse for a lot of weapons. For example, I have to massively forma my Venka Prime so I can run it without a stance, to make it actually usable with free forward movement - before they messed with it, I had free forward movement with the stance mod.

On 2020-07-29 at 11:59 PM, SteveCutler said:

They really just need to go through and redo all the combos intelligently. This is what I actually thought they were doing with Melee 2.999999 or whatever they're calling it these days, and thought that's why it was taking so long. Then we got the update that changed the combos... and it was just a mess. What a huge disappointment. It actually made things even worse for a lot of weapons. For example, I have to massively forma my Venka Prime so I can run it without a stance, to make it actually usable with free forward movement - before they messed with it, I had free forward movement with the stance mod.

Vermillion storm forward has free movement forward combo, not that it in any way weakens the point. If anything the fact that people actively search for forward combos that... ACTUALLY MOVE THEM FORWARD shows how absurd it is. Same for all the dashes that lost their keyboard steer (ability to slightly move diagonally much like how slide attacks can with wasd letting you double manipulate the route by combining with mouse movement).

Archived