Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Message...

[DE]Megan

What if the Corpus are Tenno? Some that avoke before and that could not use all the tech? Now they try to get hold of the rest of their bretheren but they won't join them? Far fetched as hell but lets Explore all possibilities.

It's an idea but I would think not. It seems to me that the Corpus almost worship technology, The Orokin were extremely advanced obviously because they were able to create things like the Warframes and we all know those are quite technologically advanced. 

The Corpus, Grineer and Tenno are all human. What we call the Tenno are humans who were part of the Tenno, a group of advanced warriors founded by Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector. The Grineer are diluted humans, their DNA decaying resulting in deformities.

"Prime" means first of importance (at least in this context I think). Which suggests Prime warframes are originals. Prime warframes are Orokin technology, taken directly from the Orokin spacecrafts themselves. So the "standard" warframes are essentially copies of Orokin originals of Corpus/Grineer make, which would also mean that we're betrayers of the Corpus/Grineer since they have the blueprints for the warframes that we stole and are using (standard versions). They made the copies, and we/Lotus took them and used them against them, hence "betrayers". 

So that still begs the question, who are the Tenno? Orokin descendants or Grineer/Corpus descendants that have forsaken their ancestors? If my lore is up to date, there's no substantial proof that the Orokin were human, but Grineer originated on Earth, so the Grineer WERE human at one point. I think in-game descriptions actually say Corpus are human, though... so if Corpus call us "betrayers" that kind of suggests that we are human (or sub-human) since if we were Orokin it would be like we're taking back the tech that belongs to us and they would worship us as gods which doesn't seem to be the case. The warframe users are stated as having anmesia from cryo sleep, but in the trailer it is clearly shown that a "standard" warframe user is asleep in an Orokin cryopod, yet the Orokin Derelict Vaults have an Exalibur Prime inside of them. Vor states "that one" is important (Exalibur) so it just further spins the lore out of control. Just not enough to go on yet imo. It does reach back to Dark Sector, however. Exalibur is Hayden Tenno's warframe, but Hayden didn't have any of the abilities that Exalibur has. Hayden FOUND his suit, which was essentially just an exoskeleton, which MAY be why Vor says that suit is important. It could be based on the first warframe ever created, or the person using it is Hayden Tenno which... I don't think is the case.

Lotus on the other hand....I'm pretty much convinced that she's an extremely advanced AI created by the Orokin during the time of their decline for some kind of purpose. The Lotus' headdress design is all over the Orokin ships, and since the recent decided voice of Lotus is robot-like in sound, that just further supports my theory. She runs all the operations simultaneously, and seemingly singlehandedly. That kind of workload for a single person does not seem possible. She intercepts signals sent by both Corpus and Grineer and decodes them, all while directing Tenno that are on the field and offers constant support in-mission.  That kind of workload for a single person does not seem possible. We also receive Orokin tech as "A gift from Lotus" in the form of Orokin Reactors/Catalysts which would suggest she has access to, or the ability to create Orokin technology. That might just be a happy accident on DE's part though. But even if it is, it still suggests that the Lotus is heavily rooted in the Orokin Era and their technology, even after the fall of them.

All the while nobody knows where she is, how she got there, or how long she has been there. If she is a living, breathing humanoid, then she has to be hidden in space somewhere in an Orokin structure/ship, and is sustained by it, maybe assisted by cybernetic implants or a personal AI to share the workload. I still think she's just an AI herself, though.

This is an interesting theory. I agree with the part about the Lotus, it seems like too big of a coincidence, but i doubt we will find out any time soon, plus i kinda like the mystery, makes things fun and open to conjecture.

There's a possibility that the "sentients" that fought the Orokin in the past, during the Old War, were the Tenno.

Nope. The Tenno are a highly evolved product of the Technocyte Virus, which was created by the Orokin to fight the Sentients.

@Stefe

I think the Corpus call the Tenno the Betrayers because it's implied that they betrayed the Orokin, long ago.

And the Corpus apparently worship the ancient Orokin, so...

Betrayers.

yes my friend i think that makes the most sence

but this will be epic - things are becoming intresting - maybe if we help the corpus maybe we have chance to liberate own frozen friends - hum in deedy

*pulls out Paris Prime, Twin Vipers and Glaive from a protective case and equips them*

I'm ready, BRING IT ON!!!

*steps into Technocyte 'goo' tub with Frost hardpoints in place*  *Lets the Frost Warframe 'grow' around me as a second skin*  *Opens case to pull out Flux Rifle, Dual Vastos, and Gram*  My Frost is Ready!