Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Decoy Buffs

PsiWarp

Designed to distract, doesn't do it long enough to matter. Not really in my list for subsuming simply because it doesn't do much. Hoping to see some changes.

Suggested tweaks:

1. Decoy is invulnerable for 3 seconds, absorb damage and convert into extra health. Unmoddable.
  2. Loki (and the subsumed ability owner) also turns invisible for those 3 seconds. Unmoddable.
  3. Hold to turn Decoy invisible and stop it from making noise. Hold again to resume its distraction.
    • Makes the augments more viable.

Yep. When I look at Decoy and cry, I'm comparing it to Molt and Smeeta Mischief. I'd make the invisibility scale with Duration and the health mulltiplier scale with Strength though - right now it has only one attribute that scales (with Duration) and most abilities get at least three scaling factors. Doubling up on Duration effects in an ability is also allowed as long as they don't multiply on each other in any way - Molt has the same relationship, where the decoy has a duration, while the buff has a much shorter duration, but both scale.

It should just be completely invincible and have some proper way of drawing enemy aggro, and even then I doubt people wouldn't use it outside of Switch teleporting to spy vaults. There just are so many large AoE abilities that either completely render enemies unable to move or draw their attention to somewhere else. Decoy simply cannot compete with any of those abilities in usefulness.

Making your frame briefly invisible would be more useful for frames other than Loki, I.e. via Helminth, so it wouldn't upset Loki's kit very much but would make the ability more valuable in the Helminth system. 

Something I don't know here is, how good is it at drawing aggro? Molt becomes enemies' preferred target over players and defense objectives. Decoy reasonably ought to do the same, but I don't know if it does. If not, it needs it!

But who needs reworks, we can now soon repalce such abilitys right? No rework needed anymore? So why should DE bother, the whole point of the Helmith system right?

In all seriousness tho i hope they still buff those powers overall, some are so crap even with augments.

Zephyr's still waiting. Reworks take a long time to come around, and they don't even necessarily solve the same problem as the Helminth, since a lot of Vaubans are going to be getting new 1s and 3s despite his reworked 2 and 4 having actually made him an actually decent frame. 

Decoy draws all aggro from Loki, and lasts for the duration instead of having some ridiculously small health. Done. Decoy becomes useful for when Loki is about to become visible and needs to turn invisible again, or to avoid taking the Silenced Invisibility mod and instead have extra energy cost of using decoy to draw fire away from Loki.

Archived