Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Berserker Frame's Broken Restraints (Update: Response To Leaked Screenshots)

shut

DE is all about that money.

Weird, it's almost like they're running a business.  This is grossly unfair.  It is not right that they should charge money for cosmetics, or anything at all.  They should sell their homes and move into a government sponsored gulag and do nothing but make games for us that we can play because that is their only purpose in life, to serve us by developing games.  

You sir, will be our leader in this glorious revolution.  

Weird, it's almost like they're running a business.  This is grossly unfair.  It is not right that they should charge money for cosmetics, or anything at all.  They should sell their homes and move into a government sponsored gulag and do nothing but make games for us that we can play because that is their only purpose in life, to serve us by developing games.  

Read the original post, please. DE needs to make money, there's no doubt about that. It's just that all of the advertised art of Berzerker shows her with the wires attached, just like all advertised art of Nekros up till his release showed him with the tassels attached. Having to pay for the tassels was a kick in the shin for those who were excited about Nekros' appearance.

I wouldn't mind if they made the wires plat-only, as long as they advertised the wires separately from the Frame itself. Right now, all of the released images of the Frame seem to imply that she'll come with wires, just like Excalibur comes with his horn. If we had to pay for Excal's horn, even though they're featured in every bit of advertisement and concept art that he's in, that would lead only to disappointment and annoyance from players.

Edited by SortaRandom

UPDATE:

Edited original post. Upon closer inspection of the leaked screenshots, the shackles are already fully modeled and attached to the frame, even on the mission preparation diorama (where Syandanas will not appear). It's just the wires that haven't made an appearance yet, and are still being modeled.

Whether they will come attached to the shackles or not is still a mystery as of now.

Oh thanks for the compliment, seeing as I contain common sense I'd make a great leader.

What DE is doing is like advertising a car with all of the parts included.

When you finally buy it you need to pay to install an engine and all of the parts to actually make the car work and you did not know until you buy it.

You don't advertise something and not include what you advertised in the purchase.

You don't advertise a car with an engine and sell that same car without an engine.

See what I mean?

Oh wait of course you don't, you follow your own blind logic and see with tunnel vision.

Edited by Anarties

Read the original post, please. DE needs to make money, there's no doubt about that. It's just that all of the advertised art of Berzerker shows her with the wires attached, just like all advertised art of Nekros up till his release showed him with the tassels attached. Having to pay for the tassels was a kick in the shin for those who were excited about Nekros' appearance.

I wouldn't mind if they made the wires plat-only, as long as they advertised the wires separately from the Frame itself. Right now, all of the released images of the Frame seem to imply that she'll come with wires, just like Excalibur comes with his horn. If we had to pay for Excal's horn, even though they're featured in every bit of advertisement and concept art that he's in, that would lead only to disappointment and annoyance from players.

Yes I have, and I've already stated in this thread you people are all out of wack when you start to use the word "ADVERTISE" because they are not ADVERTISING.  It is CONCEPT ART and a TEASER, there is a huge difference. 

Yes I have, and I've already stated in this thread you people are all out of wack when you start to use the word "ADVERTISE" because they are not ADVERTISING.  It is CONCEPT ART and a TEASER, there is a huge difference. 

There is no difference when you sell a part of what was included in the concept art for money and not include it in the final product.

Edited by Anarties

"Teaser" is in the same boat as advertising, you know.

And yes, I understand that it's concept art, but it was released to receive hype and excitement from the players, just as advertising is (although, of course, it was hugely for feedback as well). Even if they don't consider it to be advertising, that doesn't change the fact that it's all the official information about the appearance that the players have.

Edited by SortaRandom

There is no difference when you sell a part of what was included in the concept art for money and not include it in the final product.

"Teaser" is in the same boat as advertising, you know.

And yes, I understand that it's concept art, but it was released to receive hype and excitement from the players, just as advertising is. Even if they don't consider it to be advertising, that doesn't change the fact that it's all the official information about the appearance that the players have.

Nope, it's not.  This is a case of a product in development and during a livestream they let us look at the concept art (which iirc was super fresh) because people wanted an idea of the upcoming frame.  Advertising is what you do to sell a finished product, it is an official released piece of media for the express purpose of sales - this teaser was released for the express purpose of showing us how the new frame was coming along.  This is why DE holds their cards close, people can't handle S#&$.  People make their own expectations and hold others to that, it's absurd.

Concept Art:  A piece of art that conveys the essence of something more than it does the finished product

Advertisement: Promotion of a product

This was not released to us in a promotional venue, it was released to use during a developer livestream, those livestreams exist to show us their progress and current status on the development of the game.

Nope, it's not.  This is a case of a product in development and during a livestream they let us look at the concept art (which iirc was super fresh) because people wanted an idea of the upcoming frame.  Advertising is what you do to sell a finished product, it is an official released piece of media for the express purpose of sales - this teaser was released for the express purpose of showing us how the new frame was coming along.  This is why DE holds their cards close, people can't handle S#&$.  People make their own expectations and hold others to that, it's absurd.

Concept Art:  A piece of art that conveys the essence of something more than it does the finished product

Advertisement: Promotion of a product

This was not released to us in a promotional venue, it was released to use during a developer livestream, those livestreams exist to show us their progress and current status on the development of the game.

All of this.

To those that do not understand, let me elaborate:

Concept Art is meant as an example of how an UNFINISHED product is coming on it's way to becoming a finished product, and thus changes can, and most likely will, be made between then and the end.

Advertisements are promotions that are made for a FINISHED product, and thus no changes other than to the advertisements themselves will be made.

Why not make restraints on every warframe, to make it look like we escaped a jail?

Making cosmetics exclusives to a certain frame is not going to increase sales, but I'd pay 100 plat for some broken chains on Loki's arms and legs, to symbolize my "Break out"

Hayden got the ban hammer :O???!?!??!?!?!

O_O

Thank you

And calm your nerves down, it's not good for your health.

Edit:  And I stand correct....her "restraints" will not be included.  No problem with me honestly, but like i said public opinion does not always matter.

You win some, you lose some

Double Edit:  Well I don't know if my assumption still stands...guess we'll see when she is released....

Edited by Ishki88