Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Make cyanex great again"

(PSN)Shadow_Mortex

Since the big nerf to AoE weapons, plus the status effects change, the cyanex performance is a lot worse that used to be, for a weapon that have a meaningless crit chance and a dmg of only one type on normal fire mode, the gas proc change just make this weapon a lot worse, i would like that DE fix this weapon that clearly now is not nearly as useful as used to be, one of the more meaningful changes that this weapon could have would be applied IPS to this weapon and swap innate Gas to Toxin, with just one of these changes at least the weapon could perform a lot better.

Sign a Cyanex lover that is sad to see his gun perform so bad

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shadow_Mortex said:

Since the big nerf to AoE weapons, plus the status effects change, the cyanex performance is a lot worse that used to be, for a weapon that have a meaningless crit chance and a dmg of only one type on normal fire mode, the gas proc change just make this weapon a lot worse, i would like that DE fix this weapon that clearly now is not nearly as useful as used to be, one of the more meaningful changes that this weapon could have would be applied IPS to this weapon and swap innate Gas to Toxin, with just one of these changes at least the weapon could perform a lot better.

Sign a Cyanex lover that is sad to see his gun perform so bad

What? You must be building wrong, Cyanex is one of the best secondaries in the game because of its pure status utility. I've currently got mine built (no forma though, catalyst only) with viral and heat, adding to the gas damage already being done. Shreds thru anything I point it at. The gas damage is more useful there then you think it is. Plus its alt-fire can shred enemies very well too.

hace 9 minutos, (XB1)Rez090 dijo:

What? You must be building wrong, Cyanex is one of the best secondaries in the game because of its pure status utility. I've currently got mine built (no forma though, catalyst only) with viral and heat, adding to the gas damage already being done. Shreds thru anything I point it at. The gas damage is more useful there then you think it is. Plus its alt-fire can shred enemies very well too.

Looks like you never used pre gas and AoE nerfed, the gun used to melt corpus and other factions like nothing else, the gas proc is literally one of the most useless procs i the game because there is just a few of important enemies that really are weak to that gas cloud worse than toxin cloud, i have 5 formas on it and i can ensure you that now is a lot worse that it used to be if you dont trust my word i am going to put two links to show you:

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Shadow_Mortex said:

Looks like you never used pre gas and AoE nerfed, the gun used to melt corpus like anything else, the gas proc is literally one of the most useless procs i the game because there is just a few of important enemies that really are weak to that, i have 5 formas on it and i can ensure you that now is a lot worse that it used to be if you dont trust my word i am going to put two links to show you:

I used Cyanex before and after the changes, still melts enemies for me. No idea who made that second video ( don't really care) and I could care less about Leyzar, his "new player" builds are always crap because he shows mods that new players don't have and won't have, a lot of his videos I've seen is his personal opinions, don't pay them any mind.

If we ever get corpus liches, I'm hoping the Cyanex will be one of those weapons to get, will definitely be putting radiation as the bonus to get even more out of it.

Is awesome how you manage to discredit any other opinion that isn't yours even, when facts like numbers enter the discuss, like that condition overload is a lot worse now, that Toxin AoE is better than AoE gas, based also on facts, that impact is the worst of the three IPS, yes cyanex have and awesome status and body autoaim and thats it, is nothing new, the gun always have those, but now is also worse because his status effect is worse, his condition overload synergy is worse, his AoE dmg is worse, the fact that now have stagger is worse, yeah you can see that still being a good gun but nothing like used to be.

And Relentless Zen is the other video btw.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Shadow_Mortex said:

Is awesome how you manage to discredit any other opinion that isn't yours even when facts like numbers enter the discuss, like that condition overload is a lot worse now, that Toxin AoE is worse than AoE gas, based also on facts, that impact is the worst of the three IPS, yes cyanex have and awesome status and body autoaim and thats it, is nothing new, the gun always have those, but now is also worse because his status effect is worse, his condition overload synergy is worse, his AoE dmg is worse, the fact that now have stagger is worse, yeah you can see that still being a good gun but nothing like used to be.

And Relentless Zen is the other video btw.

Don't own CO, never built for CO, don't care to build for CO mostly cause I don't build for everybody else's meta. Toxin is great against corpus/corrupted counterparts and infested (unless toxic ancient shows up), don't know how you got that toxin aoe is bad since it bypasses shields, gas is a bit better than before (at least concerning that it will still be around after an enemy dies, yeah I kinda didn't like that gas doesn't bypass shields now, but I've adapted.)

Never heard of him/her.

How am I discrediting anyone's opinion if I use the weapon as well? If I didn't own or use the weapon, then that would be discrediting, since I wouldn't have any experience to base off of.

hace 18 minutos, (XB1)Rez090 dijo:

Don't own CO, never built for CO, don't care to build for CO mostly cause I don't build for everybody else's meta. Toxin is great against corpus/corrupted counterparts and infested (unless toxic ancient shows up), don't know how you got that toxin aoe is bad since it bypasses shields, gas is a bit better than before (at least concerning that it will still be around after an enemy dies, yeah I kinda didn't like that gas doesn't bypass shields now, but I've adapted.)

Never heard of him/her.

How am I discrediting anyone's opinion if I use the weapon as well? If I didn't own or use the weapon, then that would be discrediting, since I wouldn't have any experience to base off of.

Discrediting because the gun was nerfed, is not as good as used to be and yet you say that is not the case, without any fact, like i said yes cyanex is a good weapon, yet is not as good as used to be, i don't build for other's meta but was just to show two builds that now are not good since the gun was nerfed two times i builded for corrosive and explosion, or viral and more gas, but now all of these builds are worse because corrosive now dont strip armor, dont even strip some of armor for more than 6 segs if i remember well, now explosion don't trip enemies, just make less acurancy i don't know what you think about that but i see all my builds nerfed, just viral is better but have just one status effect on all weapons is boring as hell.

Also i said that Toxin AoE is better than gas AoE.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Never heard of him/her.

WTF are you even on about? LOL. Gas is not better than it was before xd.....

28 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

WTF are you even on about? LOL. Gas is not better than it was before xd.....

I didn't say it was entirely better, I said that the buff they gave it that allows it to linger longer after an enemy has died is better, gas was both nerfed and buffed some, not entirely nerfed.

It looks like the build Zen used on the Cyanex is a pure utility build. No damage mods on the thing.

I'm a fan of the Cyanex and not against giving it a buff, but using a video that showcases the weapon as a utility weapon for endurance runs does not really seem to apply here. 

I'd prefer it stays gas damage instead of toxin because it's just 1 extra status type I don't have to build for when priming for CO.

Was used as one and because how CO used to work, I agree that maybe wasnt the best build video but cyanex never have too much meaningful builds on youtube, and i think that the CO nerf is still a los for the cyanex, is like autodmg and chroma, dont suppose to work for that but was good to have it anyway, like I said earlier the gas proc as a status effect is horrible as i see it, maybe for the sake of have more status on a weapon still worth something, but is not as useful as used to be and a weapon mainly based on that status of course going to be more weak.

Archived