Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Is Better Kraken Or Lex ?

Zyfe3rX

Question

17 answers to this question

Kraken has a larger clip, even with the double shots, deals 40 more damage (2x 50) and fires faster. No-brainer.

The only advantage the Lex has is at very long ranges, where double-headshotting becomes extremely difficult.

Overall the Kraken is far more flexible in its applications.

Kraken is quiet a nice pistol if you go for close range damage dealing, it easily outdamages the Lex in that area. The Lex can headshot people with one hit at ranges though where you'll need two solid hits with the Kraken.. and therefore 4 rounds as you will miss the automatic follow-up shot. They both have their uses and if you only want to chose one, i'd make it dependent on what combat role you want your sidearm to fill. Short-range damage dealing -> kraken, long-range precision fire -> Lex.

As I do not rely on my main weapons (Boltor, Gorgon & HEK) to do long-range shots, I have Lex for that.

A distance shooting contest between Lex and Kraken?

Kraken loses.

All you Kraken worshippers, know your damn limits.

Let me remind you how USELESS the Kraken is in comparison to the Lex, ideally.

A. If you plan to use Kraken as a main headshotter weapon... WTF is your main gun for?

B. If Kraken is a substitute for a long-range, how do you argue that the second shot makes any difference?

The first shot doesn't do more damage than Lex, either.

I have a decent Kraken and a superb Lex. I find Lex much more useful than Kraken will ever be. Unless I someday intend to use Snipetron for a main and need something to do all the mob killing.

Except that the Kraken is dead accurate at any range. The first shot WILL go where you point it. The second one might shoot a bit high, but the low recoil and faster rate of fire means you can still pump out more lead even at long range. At medium range where it's easy to land both bullets, the Lex looks pathetic by comparison.

Except that the Kraken is dead accurate at any range. The first shot WILL go where you point it. The second one might shoot a bit high, but the low recoil and faster rate of fire means you can still pump out more lead even at long range. At medium range where it's easy to land both bullets, the Lex looks pathetic by comparison.

Remind me, but, the Kraken has less initial damage.

So any multiplied damage it has will be less compared to the Lex.

Let's say a Lex needs 2 shots(we will ignore the multiplied damage logic for now) to take down a 120hp (ignore armour calculations, too) mob from a distance.

For that logic, Kraken would need 3 shots, given each of the 2 bullets does 50dmg.

The end result

Time required - Almost equal, give or take a few milliseconds in which no one cares about.

Ammo used - Lex uses 2, Kraken uses 3(or 6, no idea)

If we were to take into account that headshots add damage multiplied by the initial damage(if it doesn't, forget this), the Lex actually still has superior output and ammo conservation as a sniper weapon.

Kraken will usually have superior firepower in almost every other situation, but it does not beat Lex at it's job of being a sniper.

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

I didn't say it beat it, in fact I did say you're "pumping out more lead" which is saying shooting more bullets. If we want to talk about ammo conservation, then of course a gun you can't even shoot more than a single bullet once every second is going to win. I wasn't looking at the issue of ammo, as to me it's very hard to run out with either gun, and everyone has a dozen boxes of ammo from daily log-in rewards.

If you want a gun that feels like a weak Sniper with no zoom and butt loads of recoil, by all means take the Lex. If you want to have highly accurate shooting at long range with probably about the same DPS (and the DPS potential sky-rockets the closer you get to your target until at short-mid range you can land both bullets as headshots) then go with the Kraken. Multi-shot scales better with it too, as you are able to get out so many more bullets than with the Lex (though of course each bullet will do less damage) which will allow you a steadier stream of damage, and you have a faster reloading time.

I did say earlier that the Kraken outclasses it in "nearly every capacity" and I guess the one that it doesn't is just ammo consumption. Which IMO, is really not an issue at all.

Kraken loses out to Lex in long range due to the difference between damage of the shot that lands. You can compensate for the recoil in the burst of the Kraken, but it is not an intuitive action. If you resign yourself to the second shot of the burst missing, the Kraken is just as accurate as the Lex at long range. The additional shot you will need to fire off to equate to the damage of the Lex is compensated by the fact that you can fire off a second or third burst in the time it takes for Lex to "allow" you to fire again.

The Kraken overtakes Lex competely in close range combat. Where as the Lex is a pocket sniper that you switch to mainly for long range shots, the Kraken is able to excel at all ranges. In shorter ranges, the Kraken is able to naturally land both shots and overtake the Lex not just in DPS, but damager per pull of the trigger.

I have both the Kraken and Lex supercharged and at Lv30.

The Lex DOES outperform Kraken if the ONLY objective is one shot sniping. You are likely not going to land both shots from the Kraken at range, and so, as people have been saying, it comes down to the single shot for each. The Lex does a little more damage than the Kraken in this case.

However, the Kraken is a more versatile pistol and is all around a more solid weapon than the Lex.

- Kraken is effective at all ranges while Lex only does well at long range

- Kraken has a higher DPS than Lex. When using Lex, I never come anywhere close to depleting my ammo as a result of its low RoF and recoil. The Kraken's higher RoF, lower recoil, and overall smoother handling allows you to pump out more consistent shots and actually make use of your ammo pool.

But who cares, if you like the Lex better, use the Lex! They are both solid pistols in their own rights.

-

out with either gun, and everyone has a dozen boxes of ammo from daily log-in rewards.

If you want a gun that feels like a weak Sniper with no zoom and butt loads of recoil, by all means take the Lex. If you want to have highly accurate shooting at long range with probably about the same DPS (and the DPS potential sky-rockets the closer you get to your target until at short-mid range you can land both bullets as headshots) then go with the Kraken. Multi-shot scales better with it too, as you are able to get out so many more bullets than with the Lex (though of course each bullet will do less damage) which will allow you a steadier stream of damage, and you have a faster reloading time.

I did say earlier that the Kraken outclasses it in "nearly every capacity" and I guess the one that it doesn't is just ammo consumption. Which IMO, is really not an issue at all.

No, I cannot compare the Kraken to the Lex if it comes down to being an actual sniper.

The usefulness of a Kraken at close-mid range is pointless to most given that YOUR MAIN WEAPON will take care of that. (if it doesn't, then I suppose that's your issue, which is a considerably large one)

The rare circumstance in which you need your pistol as a heavy close-mid range offensive output is when you need to do Spy missions.

I agree, ammo conservation has no relevance most of the time, especially not when it concerns pistols.

Point...

The Kraken's versatility? It's worth less than what the Lex offers with it's limited distance abilities.

In the time taken for the Lex to allow a second shot... wait. The whole goal of a Lex is to take it out in one hit to the head.

I fail to see the Kraken as useful in any situation that involves sniping, compared to the Lex.

It is a useful weapon at any range, except that Lex outperforms it at distances.

For the purpose of distance shots, I will claim that the Kraken's 2nd bullet has no worth as most of the time, it won't even hit properly. (given enough training and if the opponent is standing directly opposite you at a distance with nothing in the way, sure, it MIGHT hit.)

- Kraken is effective at all ranges while Lex only does well at long range

- Kraken has a higher DPS than Lex. When using Lex, I never come anywhere close to depleting my ammo as a result of its low RoF and recoil. The Kraken's higher RoF, lower recoil, and overall smoother handling allows you to pump out more consistent shots and actually make use of your ammo pool.

- So the Kraken's only job that isn't taken by the Lex is to do what your main weapon is meant for... just a bit slower?

- That most applies to the second shot. If you would count the RoF, then you should also account for the fact the Lex only needs one where the Kraken might need 2.

- The Lex is not useless at close range, though, for the purpose of this topic, it isn't anywhere as efficient as the Kraken is.

The results.

The Kraken, overall, is a better gun.

The only issue it has is that it cannot properly outdo Lex as a sniper.