Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Tranq Rifle Upgrades

Teoarrk

I am enjoying HoD, but underlying problems with conservation are more obvious in this new open world. These suggestions come from my ideas thread in fan concepts and I have brought them here for more feedback. In essence, I believe these upgrades should make conservation easier and be a reward for levelling up with an open world faction, in much the same way that mining upgrades have done so before them. My comments for each upgrade are in brackets. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brush-trail Visualiser - This would basically streamline the tracking process by giving you a light trail to follow, similar to the light up trails in the tumor bounty. (Some of the trails in the new update are hard to see, especially when they are purple on purple, or a meek purple on orange.)

Scatological Analyser - The start of animal trails will have floating visual icons in the environment above them and have symbols that relate to the trail's species. (The only way to find some of the trails is due to Helios scanning them. They do not stand out from the rest of the visual clutter on the floor of Deimos.)

Universal Sedative - Allows Tranq rifle to be used on enemies. (A lot of enemy harassment occurs during conservation, so having an option that allows you continue what you were doing without swapping out would be useful.)

Improved Compression Cylinder - Projectile speed is increased and arc is flattened, allowing for greater accuracy at long range. (The new open world area can sometimes reward using the Archwing for tranq shots, so this would benefit that approach.)

Chromatophore Mesh Net - When a Conservation target is within 60 m, the user of the rifle will become invisible for 5 seconds. (It can sometimes be hard to spot a Conservation target when it is getting close, so this would give you some breathing room.)

Aerosol-release Sedative - Allows you to Tranq animals without having to rely on the darts piercing their hide. (Only way I see the Tranq rifle competing with Ivara's Sleep Arrow for some targets.)

Fauna Vitals Locator -  Shows you the direction of animals in the heads up display when aiming with your Tranq rifle. Conservation animals will be highlighted with a square target. (It can be very infuriating hearing a 'beep' from the Tranq rifle and having no indication where that beep is coming from. A visual aid would be welcome).

Edit: after talking with Ugendiety I will clarify here. This final upgrade will essentially work similar to an applicable waypoint. The creature will be given a much stronger outline, range to target, an arrow leading you to the target and a lead assist for aiming.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did I hit the mark? Are these not what you had in mind at all? Let me know.

These are all excellent suggestions that I'd personally love to see in the game! Hopefully the devs see this and get some inspiration from it!

On the topic of upgrades, I feel like the mining drill should get a couple more upgrades too (though I'm not too sure what they'd be, I just feel like it could use some more love).

I agree with your suggestions. This seems a bit more extensive than DE typically give us, however. As such, I'd recommend picking two or three that you feel are the most important and sticking with them. My counter-proposal would be:

• The light trail you suggested to make tracking easier.
  • The highlight you suggested for scat and animals (probably using the new Mining indicator UI)
  • The Tranq Rifle upgrade for faster projectile flight speed and armour/hide penetration.

That ought to be enough, I think. I do fully agree that we need Conservation improvements, however.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

I agree with your suggestions. This seems a bit more extensive than DE typically give us, however. As such, I'd recommend picking two or three that you feel are the most important and sticking with them. My counter-proposal would be:

• The light trail you suggested to make tracking easier.
  • The highlight you suggested for scat and animals (probably using the new Mining indicator UI)
  • The Tranq Rifle upgrade for faster projectile flight speed and armour/hide penetration.

That ought to be enough, I think. I do fully agree that we need Conservation improvements, however.

I like to think that if these upgrades where given over a number of open worlds, i.e. 2 for Fortuna, 2 for PoE and 2 for HoD that it would fall in line with mining and fishing upgrades. Mining only got one upgrade this time round granted, but I can't think of anything more they could do beyond allowing us to passively mine additional nodes while we mine out one.

Archived