Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un-Nerf Greedy Pull

Neightrix

Greedy Pull now line-of-sight only. This was the biggest reason to put Pull on any frame. There's no harm in pulling all loot in range, it's just utility. If it's a goal to make all of the helminth abilities appealing in some way, this was a move away from that. I believe this should be reverted.

18 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

This was changed in October 2015:

A bit late to post about it, isn't it?

That was before I started playing the game, and it has never had a line-of-sight limitation since I've been playing. I guess that change didn't hold or was reverted without making note of it.

3 hours ago, Neightrix said:

That was before I started playing the game, and it has never had a line-of-sight limitation since I've been playing. I guess that change didn't hold or was reverted without making note of it.

Unlikely. What is more likely is that you didn't perceive the LoS.

7 hours ago, Neightrix said:

I guess that change didn't hold or was reverted without making note of it.

And then reverted again recently, causing you to make the thread, also without making a note of it?

If you can find mention of it in the patch notes, it would help. I can only find the buff it got.

1 hour ago, Neightrix said:

My play time with Mag says otherwise, although I understand the skepticism since you don't know me.

Let's put it like this: you have to prove that something changed. Do you have a video from before the "nerf"? DE won't look into something just because something feels off to you.

I never used Greedy Pull much myself, but LOS to enemies (and probably items) last for a little bit after they disappear behind some terrain. I.e. they are 'remembered' for a short time. I think this was implemented when DE was changing Excalibur's Radial Javelin way back when.

So if you have LOS to items, then move behind a barrier and cast Pull immediately you should still pull in the item. I will need to test to see if that is still true, but there shouldn't have been any change to Pull as others have said.

Archived