Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Scintillant is the same rarity as Cetus wisps" side-by-side comparison of the drop chance in bounties.

Univarous

I agree that there is a discrepancy between how scintillant was presented in devstreams and the reality of drop rates, but this is not the major issue.

What I hate is that :
- Bouties lie about rarity. A reward listed as "common" isn't necessarily common. Quite ironical that the "rare" scintillant drops more often than the "common" one, due to drop rates and the length of the bounties.
- Bounty rewards are overly complicated : they are divided between rarities, but also stages, and finally rotations (which play a role only for the Iso Vaults if I understand correctly).

As far as I'm concerned, it would be much better if rewards were all replaced by tokens, and available in shops. It could take as long as now to get them, I don't mind, but progress would be gradual at least, and simple to understand.

2 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

At least with Cetus wisps, you occasionally snag one by the water.

Well you can find scintillants in Iso Vaults, and pick them like wisps, but I only saw one so far. So they either are too well hidden, or too rare. Or both.

In any case, your comment is valid because we will never find them while walking in the cambion drift itself, which makes a huge difference.

On 2020-09-02 at 10:25 PM, Lluid said:

Well you can find scintillants in Iso Vaults, and pick them like wisps, but I only saw one so far. So they either are too well hidden, or too rare. Or both.

In any case, your comment is valid because we will never find them while walking in the cambion drift itself, which makes a huge difference.

IMO, Scintillant should have been on par dropping like Arbitration tokens (forgot what they are); with at least one unit from each Iso Vault.

Just waiting now.

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

To be fair, Wisps have a lot more uses in crafting than Scintillant.

You're right, now they're quite balanced.

But from devstreams and initial scintillant costs (BPs, tokens), it's clear that they designed scintillant to be as "common" as wisps. Why the drop rates were so far from the design, why they locked their natural spawn in a specific bounty, and why they started by removing scintillant from blueprints instead of increasing the drop rates, elude me.

Not a big deal, and it's great that they listened to feedback. Just weird.

On 2020-09-02 at 5:15 PM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

At least with Cetus wisps, you occasionally snag one by the water.

With the Scintillant, I'd be more open to them if they are offered as rewards for completing the optional reactive crystal crap in addition to being offered in Iso Vaults and bounties.

Yeah they should add some floating in the actual vault.

2 hours ago, Lluid said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, so to be clear : scintillants actually spawn in the iso vaults, but they're far too rare.

No i'm not and yes I know they can float outside of the vault. I've found 2 once floating about. I meant within the actual vault. The one Loid has to activate. Before you have access. Like I wish it was a guarantee to have one at least floating around in there. 

Edit: You run them enough there is actually a good amount. I'm already at 140 owned. 

On 2020-09-07 at 1:42 AM, Rookie808 said:

No i'm not and yes I know they can float outside of the vault. I've found 2 once floating about. I meant within the actual vault. The one Loid has to activate. Before you have access. Like I wish it was a guarantee to have one at least floating around in there. 

Edit: You run them enough there is actually a good amount. I'm already at 140 owned. 

Yep, you run Vault's you'll have more Scintillant than you have use for in no time.  Though there is a good reason to not put them in the vaults themselves and that's because people without Operators/Xaku won't be able to get them, though you could make the argument of giving them a separate chance to spawn within the vault that is separate from outside the vault as a way to prevent the issue of non-void damage player from getting short-ended. 

Archived