Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There is an abundance of Leeches and deliberate Deadweight in Bounty missions

Brynslustafir

The reason appears to be plainly obvious; they are not penalized in any way for not helping with the objectives. At the very least, they should't receive tokens from bounty phases where they never even entered the mission area

Almost every bounty there's at least one dingus that just wants to run off and go cave fishing, but they deliberately queued into a bounty beforehand because they know that they won't be penalized for leeching. I can report every single one as I encounter them, but it won't make a difference. Without an in-game penalty system they'll just keep leeching. 

A lot of us are trying to farm up bounty rewards, and hitting the bonus requirement on every phase gives you 2 at the end of the bounty instead of one. These normally aren't difficult, until a selfish player decides that they deserve free tokens and parts and opts to go spelunking instead. This is not good. 

I found 2 so far. Which is not so bad. One fishing, one mining. Always after pretending to participate by fighting in the first stage, only to then go somewhere else while they think the rest of the team won't notice their disappearance.

For the one fishing a teammate was constantly blocking his vision while I walked in circles in the "water" in order to scare the fish away. He gave up, joined the bounty again.

The one mining I straight up put myself between the player and the mining node, or shot my Bramma at the spot. This while permanently and closely following them around and always staring at them. This one was stubborn, joining the second bounty stage area, just for me to find said player mining as we were fighting on the same spot. I didn't need to intervene there, since the infested took care of the job of disrupting his leeching activity for me.

---

I don't mind this kind of behaviour, but it has to be agreed upon. I often do this with the wife, since she plays less than me. I do the bounty, she goes do other stuff. For friends as well, to save time. Even for clan/alliance mates. Heck, if I see a lower level player and they cordially ask the team to mine/fish and the whole team agrees I don't see an issue. It's the shamelessness and assumption that they can take advantage of team mates as they want, really.

But ever since the update released I either did bounties with random people, or I turned my settings to solo and went to do conservation/mining/fighing. Never both, never taking advantage of team mates doing their best to earn our bounty rewards.

And I have a job, house and pets to take care of. If there's a will, there's a way.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I found 2 so far. Which is not so bad. One fishing, one mining. Always after pretending to participate by fighting in the first stage, only to then go somewhere else while they think the rest of the team won't notice their disappearance.

For the one fishing a teammate was constantly blocking his vision while I walked in circles in the "water" in order to scare the fish away. He gave up, joined the bounty again.

The one mining I straight up put myself between the player and the mining node, or shot my Bramma at the spot. This while permanently and closely following them around and always staring at them. This one was stubborn, joining the second bounty stage area, just for me to find said player mining as we were fighting on the same spot. I didn't need to intervene there, since the infested took care of the job of disrupting his leeching activity for me.

---

I don't mind this kind of behaviour, but it has to be agreed upon. I often do this with the wife, since she plays less than me. I do the bounty, she goes do other stuff. For friends as well, to save time. Even for clan/alliance mates. Heck, if I see a lower level player and they cordially ask the team to mine/fish and the whole team agrees I don't see an issue. It's the shamelessness and assumption that they can take advantage of team mates as they want, really.

But ever since the update released I either did bounties with random people, or I turned my settings to solo and went to do conservation/mining/fighing. Never both, never taking advantage of team mates doing their best to earn our bounty rewards.

And I have a job, house and pets to take care of. If there's a will, there's a way.

I've encountered 3 today alone, only ran 5 bounties.

Just because you had a  good time of it doesn't mean everyone else has. As for running with friends or solo, I find one problem with that. The developer should know to take steps against griefing behavior, and I'm not going to abandon the bounty objective and leave it at risk just to disrupt the player who's causing the problem in the first place. 

It's not my job to make up for the lack of rules and penalty systems, that should be entirely dev side. 

5 minutes ago, Brynslustafir said:

I've encountered 3 today alone, only ran 5 bounties.

Just because you had a  good time of it doesn't mean everyone else has. 

I'm curious to see where I say I'm having  a good time with leeches, and how this turns into a competition about who is hurting more. 

Good for you, I guess?

Now we wait for the guy who found 4 leeches across 3 bounties.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I'm curious to see where I say I'm having  a good time with leeches, and how this turns into a competition about who is hurting more. 

Good for you, I guess?

You tried to downplay the issue instead of recognizing the fault with the bounties design. My point is that not everyone is OK with this type of selfish player behavior and DE should know that anti-griefing measures are necessary since this is the 3rd open world. 

Basically your stance initially appeared to be similar to someone popping into a tech support forum, saying "Works fine for me" and then vanishing. I find that irritating, that's all. 

Just now, Brynslustafir said:

You tried to downplay the issue instead of recognizing the fault with the bounties design. My point is that not everyone is OK with this type of selfish player behavior and DE should know that anti-griefing measures are necessary since this is the 3rd open world. 

So by downplaying the issue you mean the part when I say I get mad enough at leeches to get out of my way in order to disrupt their leeching activities? Very interesting indeed.

Do you need to vent further at people who agree with you about other people who took advantage of you? 

So by downplaying the issue you mean the part when I say I get mad enough at leeches to get out of my way in order to disrupt their leeching activities? Very interesting indeed.

Do you need to vent further at people who agree with you about other people who took advantage of you? 

Perhaps I was too kneejerk. All's fine. my bad. Got a touch salty from running bounties this evening.

No problem. I apologize all the same. 😀

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for 3rd time to be the charm, and that DE actually comes up with harsher measures for leeches.

fire destroy GIF

I want to hope but at the same time life has made me jaded and cynical. 

Plus DE is still recovering from the quarantine times and I imagine this continues to have an impact on their output. 

Just ended an endless excavation because I got two of them, one was hunting preservation targets and the other fishing, then they developed an attitude after being told to contribute to the bounty. I've basically switched to completely soloing everything because I'm tired of these people. And let's be clear, I'm not even asking for people to pull their weight just to participate. I don't care how good or bad you are because we've all had crappy loadouts and useless builds, but just care a little bit, that's enough.

Archived