Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech Mods Are Way Too Rare

Pizzarugi

I'm not going to talk about how difficult the Necramechs are, goodness knows there's more than enough threads on this board to talk about that.

However, the exclusive mods they can drop are exceptionally rare. In the time it took me to farm them for Necramech and Cortege parts, I've only found the common mods. No uncommon or rare. And unless DE implements more things down the road that encourages or even require the mechs, I honestly have no reason to continue farming them to get the rest. I'll just be content with Vitality and Redirection. I don't expect it to go anywhere though, just about all of new vehicles tend to be dead shortly after being implemented anyway.

Necramech Intensify is worth 250p right now. Let that sink in.

But this is their way of handling new content. Since they are not able to create sufficient endgame content, they create artifical timebarriers that require ridiculous amounts of your time. I don't even bother much anymore. DE is killing their own game.

Yeah, the mods for the mech sell for more than a full set of the parts needed to make the damn thing. Drop tables list the parts as 30% chance to get a part, vs 10% for mods.

Loid needs to sell the mods. Alternatively, the wild necramechs we find outside the vault which are supposed to all be hostile but are "Allies" should be...hostile, and thus another source of the mods, along side a increase in the chance for just a mod dropping. Like, the mods are rarer than Scintilliant! I've only gotten like...8 or 9 scintilliant, but i've gotten only 5 necramech mods, and they drop from the same source!

At least make it so if we pilot a mech, a wild one found/revived, to extraction we get 1 random necramech mod. Or, I donno, a necramech defense bounty? Something? Fighting the mechs is...annoying enough, but to have that plus these low drop rates for mods and resources is just too much. On top of the constant waiting done during vault runs...

I agree but I don't think the issue is about the rarity, but more about the fact they only drop on a repetitive mission that discourage you from playing normally in Deimos because it drop other resources as well, and is also time-gated, so not even fun to optimize for and repeart.

I honestly think we should get more drop sources for these mods on Deimos or other open worlds, that don't punish you for not playing the same mission over and over.
In my opinion, the best thing to would be to add mods drop from requiem pillars and long as chance for drop when doing specific actions with your mech, for example :

• Kills with Necramech slide or slam have chances to drop : Necramech Blitz, Necha Mech Hydraulics, NEchamech Seismic Wave, Necramech Slipstream, Necramech Thrusters.
  • Kills with Necramech melee have chances to drop : Necramech Fury, Necramech Pressure Point, Necramech Reach.
  • KIlls with Necramech abilities have chances to drop Necramech  Continuity, Necramech Intensify, Necramech Streamline, Necramech Refuel, Necramech Stretch.
  • Kill with Necramech while full health have chances to drop : Necramech Redirection, Necramech Fiber, Necramech Health.

Those could be improved but here is the idea, you have (low) chances to drop Necramech mods while using it and the actions you perform will drop mods fitting your playstyle.

Another solution could be a sort of challenge list that let you get a guaranteed single copy of each mod if you achieve them, for example :

• Dash through 500 enemies with your Necramech + 10 father tokens to get Necramech Blitz.
  • Kill 10 enemies with your Necramech melee attack within 20 seconds (repeat 10 times) + 10 father tokens to get Necramech Fury.
  • Loose at total of 30000 health with your Necramech + 10 father tokens to get Necramech Vitality.
  • Slide over 100000m + 10 father tokens to get Necramech Slipstream.
  • etc...

Those are long grindy challenge but let you get the Necramech mods passively by playing them rather that playing the bounty that don't even ask you to do so.

Regardless of what it is, I really thing there should be more way to get those mods, with some that imply using the mech.

Archived