Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for sentinels.

y0urd0g

So currently, lets face it, sentinels suck. Aside from vary specific situations IE, Helios for scanning, Oxylus for fishing and now plants, yadda yadda. Sentinels like Wyrm and Dethcube are useless. I have an idea for sentinels. Currently in all combat situations i ALWAYS pick a kubrow or kavat over a sentinel.

Step 1: Buff their survivability so they don't insta-die in higher level missions, a Kubrow/Kavat/Moa can be revived when they go down, which makes them a billion times more useful than sentinels. Here are my ideas, idea 1: reduce their mod slots down to something like only 4-6 mod slots, but make them invincible. So they will never die but they cant carry nearly as many mods. OR Idea 2: you can just give ALL sentinels infinite regen. OR Idea 3: Give me a consumable item to revive my sentinel.

Step 2: (This is the important one) Make their guns useful, here is my idea, don't buff their weapons, that's not necessary. What you do is, have sentinels aim where you aim, and fire when you fire. So their weapons are firing at the important targets instead of shooting randomly off at some dumb chumpus in the corner. So their weapons will essentially augment and buff your own attacks without making them crazy over-powered. And now you can use weapons that work well with what you are using. like Diriga's sniper, while you are using a sniper. Or dethcubes machine rifle when you are using an assault rifle.

Step 3: Just make each sentinels "unique ability" innate, remove it as a mod card and just have it on at all times. Helios' scan, Carriers ammo mutation, Djinn's attract, so on so fourth. I dont have to equip a mod card to my warframe to be able to use its innate abilities, why does a sentinel?

Step2 -

If you make your sentinel only shoot exactly when you shoot a the same target, (acting as a DPS booster) then you might as well be just asking them to remove sentinels weapons from the game and give you some more Multishot on your own gun instead.

No thank you, I like them being interesting.

go Play R-Type if you want Bits to orbit your gun...

10 hours ago, y0urd0g said:

So currently, lets face it, sentinels suck.

Can't really agree, there's a bunch of useful functions besides scanning,
e.g. my Cubey P litters the map with both Health and Energy Orbs (which not least Squad mates also benefit from),
Sentinels can more easily fit in Synth Mods (woo passive reloads) / can use weapon set Mods to boost your Frame's weapons,
and ranged Status-y support fire (that can even kill ~well enough up to a certain point) right by your side never really goes out of style
while Pet AI will often get them stuck fighting enemies (if not dying to them) while you're already somewhere else entirely.

That said ...

Buff their survivability

... very big yes please :D

In fact, I think all Companions should just be immortal, have a downtime for offensive functions on taking lethal damage
(Bleedout Mods and whatnot can affect that cooldown), but keep support stuff like Animal Instinct etc active at all times.

Make their guns useful

Make all of them worthwhile in some way, yes of course, but,
if you didn't find any of them useful currently, I can only seriously question your builds / test scenarios, alas.

E.g. my Deth Machine Rifle Prime mows down regular Star Chart enemies quite handily,
and anything tough enough to take a while to whittle down still gets extensively prepped for death-by-Warframe via (Viral + Heat) proc pwnage.

Archived