Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos bounty rewards are entirely unrewarding

Rubat

This feels like a major step back from rewards from previous open worlds.

Lets take a look at the tier 5 bounty...

Two of the rewards are only useful 1 time, both of which are the most rare rewards. Every single relic in the whole reward list for HoE doesn't contain any items of the recently released Prime Access packs (i.e. the relics are for unvaulted stuff = useless for veterans).

The Tier 4 bounty has objectively better rewards. It even gives more tokens 50% of the time.

The Steel Path bounty rewards are same as Tier 5 for a lot more effort = completely not worth it for literally anyone. Feels like a afterthought, like DE couldn't be bothered to come up with any worthwhile rewards. Not even a Steel Essence in rare rewards.

There are also no reward rotations like in for example PoE, where certain mods are available only on certain rotations, making it easier to get the mod you want.

Why aren't the new mods spread throughout all the bounty tiers? Or at least put some of those rare/uncommon mods into the tier 4 & 5 bounties.

The only viable bounty to do for veteran players after you got Xaku and Quassus would be the endless one, where literally all the new mods are. The problem with that is that you pretty much only get Endo or Amber Stars while playing for hours so it gets instantly boring and repetitive because you know it will take dozens of hours of this mindless grind to get a new item. What's the fascination with Amber stars in this update? Why are they all being put into HoE bounties? Why not anywhere else in the game?! Why not literally any other reward on a rotation like other open worlds?

This update (and most content recently) is in general a lot more grindy than before and in my opinion a step in the wrong direction. Kinda feels like the content is being padded out because what... players play through the content too fast? Or are you too lazy to make new content more often? Just very disappointing. A waste of time of the player.

Agreed that most rewards are meh. Either you need them only once (blueprints) and consequently are "meh, not again" after that, or you entirely don't care about them at all.

I mean, did anyone feel glad, at one point, to see the notification "Bonus: Axi Relic S7" appear on their screen ? Answer : No, DE, no one ever.

I'd rather have a handful of resources from the Open World (a few ore, fish, or hell I'm going to be crazy, one daughter/son/grandmother/father/loid token).

Only one comment though, I still find the SP Bounty a bit more enjoyable, and possibly more profitable, as most of the Bounty missions are Mobile Defense, so basically on a timer, I'm not sure they're that longer than regular bounties.

I'm going to be honest...

This update is the first update to the game which has actively made me not interested in playing the entire game, it's just too focused on grind to mask how little 'new stuff' has been added imo and in all honesty if you don't like the necromechs (like me) there is basically zero reason to do it....   I don't mind grind, I've gone off to play gta5 online instead, but this update just doesn't seem 'fun' with it.

Now I'll admit my first experience of the infested open world was a lag fest (drops to 30fps on an i7 4790k, 32gb ram, ssd and 1060 6GB shouldn't be happening at 1080p) which made it feel even worse along with the long drawn out quest but the entire token based system feels wrong to me in this instance... it worked with ticker because we used old resources.

While you are right in some aspects, I wouldn't go as far as to say the rewards are absolutely terrible. They give really good endo compared to almost anything else which is a great decision in my opinion so you arent restricted to arbies. 

But I agree that the rewards for the highest tier could use some more items especially at the rare end. I mean a one-time use blueprint... Bleh. But then again in my opinion they should remove rewards like that from all mission types (looking at you grineer sealab scene). 

What comes to the steelpath bounty, thats a problem of the steelpath mode in its entirety. They should upgrade reward table for the whole of steelpath star chart missions to make them more worthwhile to play besides just gathering essence. I did only a few missions on earth to see how its like then went "wow this is unrewarding" and never touched steel path again. 

Archived