Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isolation Vault leeching

cyntreau

It's pretty difficult to enjoy the new content when the other 3 members of my squad can just fish while I'm doing the vault work and they show up to take the rewards and leave... can there be an official fix for this? It's not just afk players now, it's entire squads that don't even try to help.

Would be an easy fix, I'd surmise. 

Treat the the cloaca like opening the door to Deck 12 and then close it behind the group once then all enter it. Now you must finish the vault, of which there is no escape. The risk is higher that way, too, as now you can't just leave and escape. You have to press forward or forfeit your spoils y abandoning the quest.

These kind of issues become more and more prevalent the more people are required to run something ad nauseum. With the necramech mods at abysmal drop rates, im sure we will just see more and more leeching with people coming in at the end to try their luck at seeing what the necramechs dropped.

The vaults themselves are incredibly unrewarding (inside the vault almost always awards the exact same 4 deimos resources), the keys that you get can be more efficiently farmed basically anywhere else, and the mother tokens you get are peanuts.

Basically the only reason to keep running these are those stupid rare necramech mods, and to be honest, they're not much of a reward for time invested. I havent touched iso vaults since the first 2 weeks of Deimos. I kinda regret how much I even ran them. When DE released the drop tables i said Hell No, im not putting myself through that with such little gain. Better off earning plat from another source.

Anyways, yeah, create horrendous grinds and people will find a way to make it bearable.

Play as normal, anounce that you require help or a report will be done, there is a chance, especially by previously warned players, that they will bail as soon you mention this, because they know a 2nd warn is unlikely to happen, it may be a straight out ban, depending on how severe the support staff is.

Simply collect information, screenshot the behavior if possible and send a support ticket after the game, since they have tools that enables them to check each individual action of players, like animations, placing glyphs and so on, everything is logged.

Support verifies your claims and then either warns or simply logs it for future reference, which is in my opinion even worse, because these players repeat the behavior over and over, collect several incidents and when a random report arrives at a harsher support staff member, they dish out a permaban.

There are a couple incidents that have appeared on reddit where players receive a permaban without warnings at all and criticize support for not giving them atleast a heads up, so don't worry, your reports won't fall flat.

Note: Warned users have a decent probability of quiting the game shortly after (they vanish), so a warn or a permaban ends up having the same effect, you'll unlikely see the player ever again in 2-4 weeks.

Archived